1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

GT Sport

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Warlock, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I’m not impressed by the trees, they look repetitive. As a bonsai enthusiast I respect a good tree... ;)

2. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I looked at your comment, then looked at the trees, then looked again at your comment, then at trees again.

liakjim, hristo1026 and Mogster like this.
  3. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Watching that Brands video a few posts ago it seems PD have used the same few tree models over and over just making them larger or smaller.

For all the faults of ACs trees they are better in that respect, less repetitive, less regular. From photos it seems Kunos have modelled a few stand out trees from the actual tracks, you can see that at the Nordschleife particularly. Trees are as important to the feel of the track and more unique than trackside buildings :)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  4. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I meanwhile found the missing replay menu is linked to graohics settings, the displaying of race info menus (map, names, times etc). Before 1.03, all off had the replay menu showing nevertheless. Now the menu goes away as well when you switch race menu off.

If you are haunted by this symptom, switch on at least minimum in-race overhead information, and your replay menu will be back on duty. ;)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  5. Skybird

Skybird Alien

They have >>Suzuka<< in GT. Just saying... :D Like Spa, its a blast to drive in Suzuka. One of the few real must-have tracks, imo. Nordschleife, Spa - Suzuka. My big three.

6. Skybird

Skybird Alien

If you have time to notice the trees, you are not fast enough. Only when your brain panics "Not through that tree!" - only then you are fast enough.

7. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Just look at all theese too repetitive trees
    [​IMG]

8. Mogster

Mogster Alien

But they aren’t all the same, there’s different sizes, shapes. So exactly the same tree model being used again and again... and again doesn’t jar at all? Maybe it’s just me then... :confused:

With PDs resources I just feel they can do better.

9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

?

It's definitely noticeable in the game when something that's supposed to be grass is just a flat texture instead of "3D", even when driving. Flat textures only go so far. And grass textures don't have to be 20cm tall.

Bad implementation of 3D grass in some cases doesn't make it useless as a whole.

Mogster likes this.
  10. plaid

plaid Alien

If you need to focus on things to notice that some things that normaly vary regarding their appearance/structure you need to see a doctor. This isn't a flight sim. Parts where you drive 50-100 kmh max you have plenty of time to spot certain things.
    Forrests and jungles are still usually the most unconvincing places in videogames. If you are goin fast (like in a car, not a jet) you maybe don't see the details but you recognise patterns.

Same with spectators. You aren't goin lightspeed if you drive through the second corner on Brands Hatch, so you have plenty of time to recognise the cardboard folks and especially that the lightning effects them often different or not all in various games.

Doesn't help to brag with the car models if the rest looks rather underwhelming like in many racinggames (AC included).

I hope that new racinggames will look more balanced and nothing sticks out like from a game from 10 or 20 years ago. The superdetailed rearlights on the cars on the track don't help.

Mogster likes this.
  11. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Get a humour pill. Or two. ;) Me, I took too many, thats why I am an addict now.

12. plaid

plaid Alien

Wasn't a real rant or at least not really aimed at you. I just read that too often as an actual argument. Look in the PCars2 thread for example. Some actually prefer to remain in the stoneage if isn't about physics or FFB and appear to think it increases the credibility of the stuff they play, why it just make the games look poor and the experience overall pretty stale. If sims would remain at that level and some day wouldn't sell and they can forget Ferrari and Porsche and many track licences they maybe kinda wake up.
    Regarding graphics I agree with some of your posts, while I still prefer the focus of F1 2017 where they primarly try to recreate the atmosphere and some interaction with the crew, while it also doesn't look bad.
    I didn't played the latest Forza's and GT's, but the older ones were also pretty dry, besides some fancier menus. Playing offline wasn't much different than in AC for example, just that you collect some money for a few personal favs or tune a Exige till it eats Ferraris for breakfast. :D

13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Possibly not even tried GTS :p

If PD pays the bills, a press text is adapted slightly and published.

16. Skybird

Skybird Alien

In case you did like I did: having a good time in the starting ohase and then again forgetting a bit baout GTS, I recommend you remmeber it again and give it anther go.

I had a temporary PC tech hickup earlier this week, which led me to needing to evade to my reserve backup, the PS4, for two nights, and so I fire dup GTS again. After many downloads of quite some length, several Gigabytes of data rushed on the HD, I found a significantly improved content list for cars and tracks. Indeed many tracks have been added, amingst them highlights like Le Mans and now Red Bull Ring Austria (which looks breathtakingly awesome). The content list has been beefed up massively, as promised, and some new features were added as well.

If you liked GTS last winter and then forgot about, here is your green light for rebooting it again!

I will never claim GTS is a high end simulation, it is not. Also, the AI is serving a very different job than it does in AC or RR. But taking it for what the package wants to be I must say: I love it, and it provides excellent entertainment and playing enjoyment. And thats what counts.

Also, the looks in general are awesome, simply awesome. But I think ACC will top them. At least it better should. :)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  17. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

I had some fun with GT 1 & 2 in the 90's. It was mind-blowing back then to have few hundred cars but even then I realized that was lot of copy paste physics and sounds.
    I can't go back to arcade racing games anymore. I had to admit even on PS1 it had excellent gfx in replays, nowadays in GTS it is imo most lifelike replay graphics ever.

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien