1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Gyro in FFB settings

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Andrew_WOT, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

I agree. It's not exactly a day's work to edit a couple of text files after every update (which is what, every few months).

I don't lose sleep over it o_O

2. NightEye

NightEye Alien

This is very true.

Maybe there should be a setting in an ini (so hard to find for casual gamers but easy to find for the people that are willing) to enable the Advanced Tab you're mentioning :D

Horus likes this.
  3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

this app option would help users that switch it on for some cars & not other. From a few discussions i have had there are a few users around doing this..

Fat-Alfie and Andrew_WOT like this.
  4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

We got it, you don't want it because you are happy with your Logitech without it and have no plans whatsoever to switch to different wheel, not only that, you absolutely don't want others have it either.
    Now, can we please hear what devs say.
    Using 3rd party launchers with questionable quality and stability to get a feel of a finished title with all crucial options exposed is ridiculous.

5. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Yeah!! You're right. It spings back in rF2 as well. I just thought it was Fanatec.

So you are decreeing wheel angle to match each car every time?

Like the F40 is a car I find good to know when I am past lock in a drift.

I also did not like gyro before I switched 3.0 to 2.0 usb. But now I have twice the detail and input response. Although I agree it does dampen some.

I find it most useful in older street cars or any car with street tires.

6. liakjim

liakjim Alien

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/steering-locks-list-updating.20596/

7. Horus

Horus Alien

How on Earth do you read that into what I said. The whole point of Gyro was for DD, if you have one great, if you don't and use it anyway great also. You have no idea what wheel I am buying, if I am at all, and I have never said I am happy or unhappy with my G27 in this thread. Stick your false presumptions in a pipe and blow it out your ...

With much respect.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    JusTiCe8, NightEye and Fat-Alfie like this.
  8. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

That made things a little quite in here!

Your aviator is perfect by the way!!

But as a somewhat expert at getting jabbed. I have to say he didn't use a picture or even delete part of your post and misquote you.

9. Jebus

Jebus Alien

10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

11. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Stefano stated "AC should work out of the box".

That is my number one issue with AC. If it did work out of the box, I would have never thought of looking for ways to get it to work in the first place. I would be too busy driving.

detoit likes this.
  12. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Yeah I know it's old. But it seems to be the latest answer from the dev to the issue.

13. detoit

detoit Racer

I sadly see this thread has devolved a bit - however - an advance tab with all the options and a "return to default" on the same page would in my opinion be a easy solution versus hand editing 5-12 ini files in various locations with various degrees of explanation.

Understand your point, simply think you eliminate some of your customer base by going this route and require hours of consumer time.

For me assetto corsa and iracing are all I play and require days of understanding, file meddling, internet searches and plugins/downloads to really have a great sim experience. This is especially true in VR where the defaults are rubbish.

Just some of my final thoughts. Appreciate your opinion I just feel differently.

Nathan

NightEye and KRoman47 like this.
  14. JusTiCe8

JusTiCe8 Racer

The issue here is the lack of precise meaning of "should work out of the box", Stefano may think of a list of certain things, another dev in Kunos would add a few stuff and remove some from Stefano's list and so on, so every one ends with its own list. Then, Kunos devs have the "god power" to define it as the "only truth" (I mean, this is this way not another, we have to adjust to it), hardcore/committed players have the wish list and want some changes, and an undefined amount of players (usually considered as the vast majority) have no choice but to accept how it is or leave.

Perhaps it would be better to wait before adding new contents and focus a bit more of seriously improving what we have now, IMHO, there is already too much cars to drive, and a good amount of tracks, but there are many issues to be addressed that would be great to have a good bunch of them fixed first, instead of adding new issues with new content.

15. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Game engines evolve and there is a point where adding new features becomes a detriment to the work already done; there are more efficient ways to expand the evolutionary process and it makes much more sense to start with a clean slate, use the parts that work best and build the rest from scratch.

16. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Bump, such a shame to hide such a prominent feature that other sims can only envy in ini file.

chksix likes this.