1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How is Assetto Corsa going to beat pCARS2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Stains, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Stains

Stains Simracer

With pCARS just around the corner how is Kunos going to compete?
    Is there plans to improve the graphics, better AA and more ambiance around tracks.
    More tracks?
    Having the Great improvement to the Ai in the last update was brilliant but i think more is needed to complete.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Mar 26, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024

3. Berry

Berry Alien

It didn't need to do anything special to beat Pcars 1 very decissively, it's probably going to be the case once again.From recent videos PCars 2 seems to be the same "all hype and no go" as far as driving goes, at least to me.I'd happily like to be proven wrong however and see them bring a competitive simulation game, not just a console-crowd content and feature pleaser :).

4. dodge33cymru

dodge33cymru Simracer

Can't they just coexist?

vegaguy 5555, nate, yusupov and 24 others like this.
  5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I guess a share of the AC players will switch to pCars2. A part of that share will return soon and the others will enjoy pCars2 more.

A good amount will simply stick with AC because, as said above, the reasons people preferred AC the first time around won't chanfe only because pCars2 now has snow and RallyX.

Then at some point, maybe early 18 (?!?), I hope Kunos announces AC2 with day/night/rain.

Emin, yusupov, Arbuzzz and 1 other person like this.
  6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Of course they can and nobody here implied something else, ok?

BrunUK, morpwr69 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  7. Berry

Berry Alien

I might be speaking for myself, but I easily connected to AC on an emotional level, with the game and the development team, no other game has done this.(I guess PCars did to some extent because its development was terrible, but I'd rather not have those kind of emotions)
    I doubt even AC2 or whatever comes next can replicate or improve this, but eh, who knows, Kunos does like to provide nice surprises :p.

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Read the thread title.

To add to the topic... No doubt PCARS2 will improve over 1 and offer functionality and content that AC doesn't have, Kunos certainly will need to add something to AC/AC2 to "compete" in the future as other simulations advance. I think there's one thing that draws people to AC that PCARS2 just doesn't have however - modding support to the extent AC offers.

Vel, Nahkamarakatti, morpwr69 and 2 others like this.
  9. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

p2 certainly does look good and from what ISRTVs John said, looks promising - of anything it gives us more choice right?

Stains likes this.
  10. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

why do they need to beat pcars2?

11. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

The whole point of this thread seems to be somebody thinking Project Cars 2 presents a major threat to Assetto Corsa. :/

12. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Half of PC2 players are mostl likely just going to get back to AC as their daily sim/weekly sim for better handling. I really doubt that PC2 will have better handling.

Enzo Martin likes this.
  13. Munckmb2

Munckmb2 Gamer

This! Pcars is just another racing game out there. There's no such thing as 'beat' I think. Just drive what you enjoy.

14. Stains

Stains Simracer

Wow, really, AC should just stay the same and let others (pCars 2 included) bring new and better features.
    Personally i dont need 24hr cycle or rain but having more ambiance and a better AA solution and more tracks would make for a better AC.
    Of course they can co exist but i know i will play what has the best physics, features, tracks and looks and i know pCars 2 already has AC beat on at least 3 of those.
    So my question how will AC /Kunos complete? Staying as is and releasing Mazda Raceway and a Ferrari pack wont be enough for me.

15. Stains

Stains Simracer

I'm pretty sure Kunos would like to "beat" any other Sim presently or coming on the market!
    I positive the money SMS get for pCars 2 Kunos would rather have in their pocket, hence, beat both in sales and Sim value.
    Why sit around saying anything is great now and shouldn't improve.

16. Stains

Stains Simracer

Of coarse its a threat. Reiza17 will be a threat as was DirectX 11 update to rF2.

Rolla likes this.
  17. Berry

Berry Alien

Who's saying they aren't improving? They are constantly adding updates and features, and probably working on a new title as well.Rain and night isn't coming, stop asking for it, at this point it's idiotic.
    We'll just have to wait and see, they're not a company that sits and waits for others to do their thing, if a 4-year old sim can still easily keep up with recent offerings, I wouldn't worry too much about what's coming in the future ;).

18. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

What could happen?
    a) pC is pC1 in new clothes - short hype, discussion, frustration. Nothing happened.
    b) pC2 is as promised. Some AC players say goodbye and enjoy only pC2. Nothing happened at all.
    c) pC2 is better than pC1 but not the best sim at all. Some will enjoy pC some not. Nothing happened.

I play AC. Love the game. Like the community here and like the friendly and capable devs.
    When pC gives me better simulation, community and better devs, better aris better stefano - then i leave AC.

:)

Enzo Martin likes this.
  19. Stains

Stains Simracer

Saying someone asked for something they didnt is more like something "idiotic" also i didnt say they weren't improving things .
    Why can't i ask or worry about future updates ?
    WTF is wrong with people ??
    I asked how was this game going to improve to compete with new game coming out .Not asking for anything in particular or any demands just purely asking what is coming to this, probably my favorite Sim atm .

Peter Dee likes this.
  20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

21. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Well, we don't know that. Kunos hasn't told us what they will be adding in the future. The only thing I can tell you is that there are two or three cars that were announced that are not released yet, Laguna Seca is coming some time by the end of the year probably and that Stefano fixed the Live Axle. But going by the past, unless they tell us they stop improving AC, they keep improving it.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    Stains likes this.