1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic How to get a proper third person view and a request to the devs

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by SlimCharles, Jul 18, 2017.

1. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I know this is probably a trick that many people know already, but Im sure many others dont and it's something that allows a playable third person view, as the one we have is useless (it doesnt give you any information of how is the car).

You just simply use the FOV app Kunos added in the last update:

Some online racing:

Request: in order to improve the experience: the controls of the FOV app must be quicker and an option that eliminates the suspension movement must be added (now it makes you a bit dizzy).

With some colaboration of the devs, Assetto Corsa with pad can be very enjoyble (pad configuration is very good already: intuitive, easy, simple and quick to configure).

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Ac not shutting down properly so wont open unless i restart computer [third-party app, steam blob] Jul 18, 2014
    ACC Gameplay AI unable to do pitsops properly and generally worse since GT2 update Feb 4, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Set AI Skill Properly Mar 30, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Unable to propery set brake pressure Jan 20, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds How to get proper resolution? Jan 17, 2022
    ACC User Interface not every setup property has got a help description afais Aug 16, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Game not closing properly Jul 31, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Wheel off center despite properly calibrated Mar 19, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting 1.7.6 Crash Loading Replays [audio system not initializing properly] Mar 19, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Improper use of "&swap" causes server crash Feb 26, 2021
    General modding discussion HEADLIGHTS NOT WORKING PROPERLY Feb 3, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Pit stop not happen even when everything set properly Jan 23, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer "teamName" property is always null in result files Nov 13, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting [ SOLVED ] Logitech Gamepad F710 not working properly , recognized as wheel... Aug 4, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Proper setup of an arbitrary direct input controller as a wheel - when? Aug 4, 2020

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

another good thing about this is when someone say that you are a noob for using 3rd person, you can just tell them that they are wrong and you actually using the interior cam. :)

4. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Wow, I actually thought the drivable personview would be like this already.

5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Don't bet on the devs adding features just for third person view.

alex21212121 and Horus like this.
  6. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

If that is their attitude, it's a big mistake. A good third person view will make the game much more atractive for casual and pad players (the bast mayority of console users).

And, even when I play with wheel and first person view, I love third person view because it's much more spectacular (less inmersive though) so I prefere it when I use pad.

With a very few and easy twicks they could make the experience much better for a large number of users.

Edit:typos

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    Tberg likes this.
  7. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Well you're going to need 2 more options, camera swing a little through corners, and exterior sounds.

I use this feature for making replays, I move the camera to the side of the car or near the exhaust of the 250F. So yay for quicker camera controls.

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  8. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I agree about exterior sounds.

Swing cant be related to corners (that's exactly what happens with the normal third person view) it has to be related with the movement of the car. I think that what other games do is swing the camera if the car is oversteering; that works like a visual force feedback. I would like it, but being Kunos (small team>slow updates), I have little hopes for it.

9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Do you really want to drive a simulation 3 meters above the tarmac and 3 meters behind your actual driver position?
    Don't you think that messes with your judgement of the track and your ability to drive?
    And don't you think Kunos did what they did for a reason?

Fat-Alfie and Chazz Ranger like this.
  10. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Yes
    No
    Probably

You know me, not on console AC, but racing in 3rd person view on console is like the standard for many. Yes, very arcadish, but that is how most couch-racers is played. Entering console territory, this should be on the to-do list to make as smooth transition for consolemarket into sim-land.

pippo10 likes this.
  11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

;)
    But not for me, it definately hinders my perception of the track.
    I even didn't enjoy it on GT Racing Academy on the iPhone.... damn that game was so good, until they made it free (or better, pay) to play:mad:

12. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

...then ask for a better third person view (basically just value tweaks of an existing functionality), not for specific things like 'eliminating the suspension movement' when moving first person camera behind the car.

13. alex21212121

alex21212121 Gamer

This isn't even an intended feature and you think they will develop it?

Be glad that you can do it in the first place.

I prefer to simulate the other TV cameras on F1 and LMP cars

14. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

PC users telling other people how to enjoy the game. Lovely

PC users sabotaging console threads of issues they dont face with. Lovely

I dont know who is more harmful for the game. If the console users that sabotage the twitter account of the game or the "Master Race" users that sabotage the console section of the forum of the game.

Daz730 likes this.
  15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You are just sorted into the delusional category, thx.

16. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

That is exactly what Im asking. But being Kunos up to the top of work, would be better that they develop another "slot" of first person view intended to be a third person view by using the FOV app; satisfying a lot of users and getting a better image for the next game.

Not really, I play with wheel and first person view. But it would satify a lot of console players. Who are you to tell other people how to enjoy the game?
    No
    I don't know why Kunos didn't develop a proper third person view in a game launched on consoles

17. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

The drama ends here. Stay to the topic or Ill simply start giving out even more warnings.

pippo10, alex21212121 and kofotsjanne like this.
  18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

That's why we don't talk on an equal level.
    It's so obvious...

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  19. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I guess they could implement a slider to influence how much the view is 'swaying' in third person view, some arcade games have that iirc. I think that'd answer a lot of the complaints about that camera view.

20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Why would you have a 3rd person view in a sim?
    I really don't get it...

21. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

We already have it in the sim.

I don't need it, I don't think a sim should be driven in third person view and I said above that implementation of specific features shouldn't be expected for it (I don't think Kunos cares much about it either but I don't know of course). However, it is already implemented, it's a basic feature basically every (sim) racing game has, it's useful for recordings (no F5/F7 camera on console either so it's useful for checking replays of incidents too), and a slider for the sway wouldn't be something entirely new to implement.