1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I am good drivers and i am still 10 sec behind leaders

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Fogboundturtle, Jul 2, 2014.

1. I've been playing driving sim for quite some time and I can't believe how fast some of the drivers are on RSRLive. I was doing hotlaps with the default car setup but I shouldn't be 10 sec behind the fastest time. That's just insane. Specially on a track like Mugello which I know by heart and push the car to its limit.

Should a car setup allows for such difference between a excellent and great drivers? If we are all driving the same car, a setup should give you a second or two difference not 10. I also notice that most time on the top of the leaderboard are using automatic blip and cut.

I would love to have AC allows to download car setup and ghost from other drivers. I can see where I can improved and also learn what type of setup would work better. I know I should be tinkering with my setup but it's the part I don't like about racing sims. I have no idea what I am doing on that aspect.

TheBestBeast and Rui Santos like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Drivers Swap 1.2 - Still have problems Dec 20, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Latest Fanatec drivers support old wheel and why I still buy Fanatec Oct 12, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Latest Fanatec drivers support old wheel and why I still buy Fanatec Oct 12, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Do any decent drivers still play public servers? Jun 6, 2014
    ACC Multiplayer Career Mode Extra Drivers? Jul 26, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Please insert a report function for dirty drivers Jul 18, 2023
    ACC Gameplay AI skills of BWM Drivers Apr 6, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer SA CP server kicking all drivers Dec 22, 2022
    ACC Tools PitSync - The FREE livery sharing platform for ACC Leagues and Drivers Nov 23, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XSX XSS Drivers can you race GT3 Wednesday's and Sunday's? Nov 8, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Drivers wanted Wed/Fri/Sundays Sep 20, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions DRIVERS LIMIT ON ONLINE SERVER Aug 27, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 Fatal Error Crash [nvwgf2umx.dll - nvidia drivers] Aug 25, 2022
    ACC User Interface How to change the name of the team drivers [mid-race] Jul 17, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] SimHaven - Full GT3 grids for drivers of all levels | Friday 7pm BST Jun 30, 2022

3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Cheaters...

djkostas likes this.
  4. Turk

Turk Alien

I seem to be on average 5 seconds slower than the best times, in some I'm 2 seconds, in others 8 but I can get under 10 seconds for most times. I'm not good with setups so I usually download someone else but it's only going to give me 2 or 3 seconds max. I went on youtube and watched videos of guys that are faster than me for tips.

5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I'd write off outlier times that are way quicker than anyone else, but mostly I don't think people are cheating.

Some of the quicker times are by people that are very quick on iRacing and other sims, do you think they're cheating????

If you're really interested then download this, it's any eye opener.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-Sp...&qid=1404318567&sr=8-1&keywords=Speed+secrets

Hanzales likes this.
  6. Rui Santos

10 seconds to a guy that is used to a track and good driver in other sims??? Give me a break...

Also, as you can see in the link below i'm one of the best drivers in Race2Play, not the best one of course, but a good driver, and sometimes i'm 6 seconds off the pace to some times in RSR, if you think that is acceptable and those times were made using only the track in normal conditions then i've nothing more to talk with you...

7. I don't think they are cheaters either. I know some really fast drivers too but I am usually not that far behind. They must have one hell of a setup and cutting corner where there is no penalty to get those times.

Hanzales and Rui Santos like this.
  8. Rui Santos

Exactly... so CHEATERS right?

9. Turk

Turk Alien

They probably just have more practice time. I think the people with the top times probably do nothing but practice.

Hanzales and Mogster like this.
  10. Rui Santos

Even if they do, which i accept, there are things that if you understand a bit how racing works are absolutely impossible to happen...

Simon Mitchell likes this.
  11. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I'm very slow :D

Even so I can get down to around 105% of WR with only a bit of effort. I can feel there's way more time in the cars mostly, my consistency is poor and I need more practice time to find the best lines for my chosen cars. I don't feel a top 10 time is unobtainable, it'd just require way more practice and a bit more setup know how.

MrSamgos likes this.
  12. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Your RSR account and an example video would be nice

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

13. It hard to record with a triple screen setup. i'll see what I can do. Fogboundturtle is my RSRLive account name.

14. Deranger

Deranger Racer

15. So how much faster than you does somebody have to be before they are cheating?

So all 700+ people that are faster than him in the formula abarth at vallelunga are cheating....:confused:

I am not that fast and I am 8 seconds a lap faster in that combo than the OP....Am I cheating?

16. So you had to pick a track where I only did 10 laps overall to tell me I am slow ? I never used the word cheating. I am sure some drivers are really fast. So please get off your high horse for a second. I was talking about Mugello. I know I can gain maybe an second or 2 with the default setup. That's still 8 second to gain. Its a lot for just a car setup.

17. Deranger

Deranger Racer

@Michael - I was never pointing any fingers, or saying everyone and their granny is using this exploit. This thread just made me think of that, so I thought I'd share, in case the OP didn't know about it.
    Sorry that you seem to have taken it as me saying this exploit is definitely 100% the issue and everyone faster than OP is a dirty cheater.
    *small grammar edit*

18. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

Did you try this "exploit" on RSR?? Or are you just guessing it works??

19. Wow, do people even read before they respond anymore?

I am friends with an alien, he can outrun me in the GT3 car by over 6 seconds at pretty much any track using the default set.....he is generally a couple seconds a lap faster with an all out 'go fast for a couple laps set' than with default...I run the same speed using his set or default because I am just not that fast.

@Fogboundturtle no part of my post was quoted or actually directed at you...so about that high horse....:oops:

RatFink63 likes this.
  20. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

hey don't worry, after a few thousand hours of practice I'm sure you will only be 5 seconds off the pace, my advice is ignore fastest lap times and just enjoy your racing.

Queequeg, cooknn, mangal and 9 others like this.
  21. If all the fastest guys are cheaters I have to be the most talented and fastest driver on the whole universe. Sarcasm filter off.

My first laps on any combo is usually about 6 seconds off the pace. I end up being 1-2 seconds from WR if I practice that combo and do some setup work. AC is kind of unique sim. When you first time though you were fast, with some more practice you can see how easily you shaved atleast 3 seconds and still you know there are places where you can be faster.

There are people around who think others are automatically cheating if they're faster. But hey, that's their problem. If it makes them feel better, that's great.

tabis, Daniel Perez, Deatroy and 2 others like this.