1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 I made an online championship with public lobbies (very hard, but possible!)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Viperconcept_, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Everyone is waiting the private lobbies on console (me too).

However, I've managed to create a nice event with fair drivers on PS4.

With private lobbies and the possibility to save the online replays (even from the other driver's point of view), it would be way easier to made this kind of events, but finally if every driver cooperate, we can achieve great results too. In these cases you see how important is the community in a game.

So please Kunos! hurry up with the updates and new features! :D

This is the 1st race (I've uploaded the 2nd, the 3rd and the 4th rounds already, I'm making the final round):

Grijo, ElPueblo, ShredatorFIN and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting crash made by wheel Jul 15, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox series x made 3 no cp points Jan 4, 2021
    Chit Chat Room I made a cinematic sequence with porsche on nord - enjoy Oct 29, 2020
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa 2020 is the most beautiful game ever made Jul 8, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Photoshop made liveries possible? Apr 26, 2020
    ACC General Discussions ACC logo fanmade OC, what do you think? May 7, 2019
    ACC User Interface Race position changing multiple times per lap, no passes made Oct 12, 2018
    Screens & Videos Drift with DFGT and homemade handbrake. Jul 24, 2018
    General modding discussion Request for trackto be made Apr 22, 2018
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap #72 - Sweet dreams are made of this Mar 18, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Fanatec : made in China ? Jan 15, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Is it Silverstone the best track made ever? Jul 12, 2017
    Screens & Videos Ready to Race Pack - Fanmade Trailer May 26, 2017
    Console Lounge Buggy XB1 AC Made Me Go PC!!!! Feb 22, 2017
    Console Lounge If Kunos Simulazioni made cars which cars would they make? Jan 13, 2017

3. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

What region are you in and what time are your races?

4. @Spitfire77 Same time zone of Paris-Madrid-Rome-Berlin.
    This championship is over already, I'm editing the video of the final race.
    Everytime I start a championship I make a "video-inscription" where I explain everything (races, rules, obligations, etc...) where you can sign in.
    After the final round, I'll upload a new video-inscription for a second championship! ;)

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  5. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

Cool - very nice by the way!

Where would I find this "video-inscription" when you create a new one? Not likely I would be able to make the commitments but would be nice to find out.
    Mainly want to learn by example from people who are successful getting races together.

6. @Spitfire77 In my YT channel.

It's very very difficult because you need the FULL cooperation of the other 15 drivers. I consider this event like a "miracle".

Spitfire77 likes this.
  7. TDS

TDS Alien

may I ask, what kind of cooperation?

8. @TDS Well, for example, everyone joining a lobby at the same time.
    With 16 people isn't easy. We must be very coordinated to avoid people who aren't invited into the event, to join the lobby and "steal" the place to the official drivers of the championship.

9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Well, what is this thread about, if the competition is already closed?
    Showing off here? Meh, Dude...

Start it up again, and invite the folks here.
    Would be much more appreciated...

10. @Ace Pumpkin Why that bad presumption?
    No need to show off: I just wanted to prove it's possible to create organized online events like this one.
    And in my previous post I said I'll make a 2nd event. If I had posted this 1st event in this forum without showing the final result of this cooperation, I would have had a 0% chance to get drivers here because I would had a little credibility.
    Probably, even you, @Ace Pumpkin , you would said "well, that's just bull****, nobody will join this event" at first.
    But now, people know how this looks like, they know what they expect. So in the 2nd event they will join this project, because they believe in its genuineness.

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Good look to your project. Hopefully it draws in some attention.

Viperconcept_ likes this.
  12. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Really nice. This is what can be achieved when you find enough people who genuinely enjoy the racing, instead of the complaining about state of things. While I admit those complaints are largely valid

13. TDS

TDS Alien

Do you guys kick people that aren't invited for the events?

14. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

CtrlAltDeLaet likes this.
  15. @TDS It depends: there are just 16 free places in online lobbies. If just one foreign player steals the place of a driver who signed up for the championship, yes we kick him.
    If there are more than 2 drivers who enter and steal the places, simply we exit from the lobby and we find another empty lobby to restart the event.
    The goal is to don't bother the rest of the community, or at least, to disturb as less a possible the players not invited.

16. TDS

TDS Alien

Not too bad the way you guys manage it without disturbing too much the community, (in my opinions its still somewhat wrong, imagine if many do the same thing casuals could be without anyone to race), how many lobbies kunos provide on ps4? just curious.
    cheers

17. @TDS I know, but considering your reasoning, I think it would be 50% player's fault for doing that, and 50% Kunos's fault for not adding the private lobbies, in a game where the online part is vital for this kind of racing game. And actually the online community in the console version is very poor (many players complain about the fact there are few people online).

Frankly, I'm very preoccupied for Kunos, especially for the PS4 version of the game, because when GT Sport will be released, it will kill definitively the AC servers if Kunos won't add quickly the features required by his community.

By the way, there are a lot of default lobbies from different servers on PS4.
    There are servers which host lobbies with the same race (same track with the same car-class) multiple times.
    So, for example, if a kicked player from a lobby wants to race in the same track with the same car-class, he can do that.
    Or, if a player wants to join a lobby, but this one is full, he can join a "twin lobby" with the same car/track.

TDS likes this.
  18. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I think the right goal would be to bother, and disturb, the community!
    Get them on to this, and not drive the majority away.

Horus likes this.
  19. So, do you have a better idea to organize championships with 15 your friends without causing incoveniences to the console community?

Tell me, because I would be very happy to organize these events in a better way.

20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Pls, don't get me wrong. You did a good job for your buddies.
    Would be nice to give it a much wider approach... without the wreckers and idiots ofc...
    Might be a bit of a strain though...
    And quite unmanageable...
    :)

21. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

Viper, just would like to say I enjoy your video style and humor.
    I've followed your channel for a while now and well done.

With regards to the championship. I think communication is one of the biggest factors. If the Party Chat on PS4 could handle 16 gamers it would have helped a lot. Obviously creating a fully customized race setup would then enhance the experience, even if the server is public. Let's hope that Sony will improve on their Party Chat and that AC will have private and public, fully customizable lobbies, along with text and voice chat soon.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Viperconcept_ likes this.