1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic If you are thinking of switching to PC

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by boabmatic, Apr 21, 2017.

1. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

Do it this weekend ..

Big savings on steam at the moment.
    50% off game + all dream packs
    64% off Porsche season pass
    And 50% off all DLC

I'm tempted to buy it incase I get a gaming PC.

I do have a macbookpro with GT750m card that runs PCars ok so I might just buy it to try it out on PC anyway.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Career - Bonus objectives not awarded. Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Maserati MC20 GT2 Tracion Control Cut (TC2) reported via Shared Memory API Feb 6, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Servers are offline Jan 27, 2024
    Bug reports problem changing TC on mclaren 720 evo. Loss of power Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Chit Chat Room we are in the design of a force feedback pedals. Jan 20, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds All AI cars on all tracks are driving 50 mph during race! Jan 14, 2024
    ACC Physics Differentiate AC and ACC Shared Memory With Different Naming. Jan 3, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Career Duration Setting? Nov 26, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Career Oct 22, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Fanatec Arena Settings Oct 10, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Clear Calibration software logitech - anyone have this? Oct 2, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting GPU consumption rise if you enter menu options while water trails are rendered Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars McLaren 720S GT3 EVO -dashboard - TC and ABS wrong on startup Aug 10, 2023

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Such sales comes every now and then, thats just a steam thing. I wouldnt buy it unless you have actually have a PC already or getting one soon. In your case, if you can run pcars you should be able to run ac at least as good.

4. boabmatic

I'm in 2 minds at the moment to go Xbox Scorpio or switch to PC

5. Tberg

Tberg Alien

My work pc can run AC fine in 1920x1080, high settings. Still use it to test tracks/3D builds.

It´s a 2010 build i5-750, 8GB and got a used R9-200 series very cheap. Pcars was definitely more demanding on both this rig and my current sim rig.

6. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

IMO, AC is the sim that's worth buying a decent PC for - and more importantly, a decent monitor. AC (or any good racing sim/game, really) at +120 fps is absolutely life-changing, especially if all you've ever known is 60 fps.

paulieGTR and Tomcul like this.
  7. boabmatic

Ended up buying the dream pack bundle .. only £15 ..

Will be good to compare it against the Xbox version

If it's running ok on my mbp I prob buy the Porsche season pack before the offer ends.

8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

keep us updated how it works :)

9. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Racer

Since I switched to powerful PC with triple monitors, and butt kickers, I'm amazed at how much customization and 3rd party offerings... I'll never go back to console...

10. boabmatic

So far I've been doing the thing I hate most about PC gaming ....

Messing about with the video setting to try and get a good frame rate rather than playing the game ..

Getting a solid 60 fps (got it set at 60 max) on 1080 resolution. To get this I had to switch off post processing effects .world detail high, No AA BUt 4x on the other setting that I can't remember.

I do get a dip in frame rate if I do doughnuts in the sand with all the smoke etc (not as bad as the Xbox version tho) but hopefully will not be doing that too often.

Will hopefully get my TX connected tonight for a drive. But surprised it's running as good as it does on the mbp and GT750m card.

It's allowed me to look at lower spec PC's to make the jump as before was looking at GTX1070 based ones only but don't think I'll need that for AC (and other racing titles)

11. boabmatic

dont think I'll be coming back to the console version :)
    messed about with the Nvidia experience software last night and got it looking super nice with 60fps and no drops any longer by using the optimisation slider option within it.
    Looks like it disable the smoke option to allow better performance at greater graphics level.

Had an hour or so drive and it was much better experience than the xbox version (I can start so see where all the PC "fanboys" are coming from now )
    Adding Car mods into the game is super easy too .. got my eye on the honda mod's.
    and signed up for SRS too..

Just need to dig out the USB cable for my TH8A shifter as it doesn't work connected to the base on PC.

Will be fine with the MacBookPro setup for a little while (only running at 30% CPU) but wouldn't mind upgrading my 24inch monitor (1920x1200) to a 27inch as I'm was running on a 55inch TV before :)

12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Thanks for sharing. Regarding the PC specs: you are right, a 1070 is overkill for 1080 p at 60 Hz.
    I'm running rock solid 1080*2560 @74 FPS (capped just below maximum freesync frequency of monitor) with an R9 fury Nitro X. Pretty much all setting maxed out including.

So if Full HD @60 Hz is the goal, a GTX 1060 or even a 1050 or an RX480 will do the trick.

13. Flavus

Flavus Racer

Anybody using a "Asus GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5" that could comment on performance. I am thinking of moving to PC from PS4 and looking at a graphics card for AC. Not too interested in any other games tbh but would like AC to run smoothly

14. Daniel Wood

Daniel Wood Gamer

anything with 2gb and above should work well enough.. I recently bought it for the pc in the steam sale.. as ill be upgrading to Ryzen soon..

thought id try it and needed to change a few settings to get a satisfactory experience.. but have it running a smooth 70/80fps on an old Athlon II x4 640(4c@3.0ghz) and a HD7850(2GB) with 16gb of ram.. I had a HD5770(1GB) that wasn't up to the job.. obviously this takes away some of the beauty, but playability is fine.. even now though the intro video doesn't run smoothly, so could possibly do with some extra gpu performance.. my score on the benchmark with this was about 11k..

I find the cars not as skittish compared to console.. I can apply throttle earlier and with more conviction than on the ps4 where it feels like treading water waiting to fully stamp on the loud pedal.. the sounds are much better/prominent..

the new audi by the way is soooo much fun.. popping and banging all over the shop and the wastgate chatter is much louder too on the pc version, noticeably louder with the time attack supra...

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    Flavus likes this.
  15. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

That hurts and saying they wouldn't downgrade the console version to the PC awchchchch :confused:

16. mark beszant

mark beszant Gamer

Well over a year ago.. built my mate a £200 pc.. connected to his 100" projector .

Test's on a 40" tv. A quick video.. pc is the best way forward

paulieGTR and Epistolarius like this.
  17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Nice, what hardware (CPU, GPU) is that?

In general AC is very optimised, it's just a few graphics settings, AI and player physics that are very CPU intensive particularly for older CPUs.

As for the topic - there are regular Steam sales where AC has been pretty much always on sale as well, so you can always pick it up cheaper later.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  18. mark beszant

mark beszant Gamer

We picked up a old Dell i5 2nd gen. And fitted a ssd & gtx750. Ran like a dream with the setting tweaked.

paulieGTR and Epistolarius like this.
  19. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

This isn't the case though.
    They're working hard to bring console up to pc spec'. :)

When pc version first appeared that we were testing, we had one car and one track.
    Yep, you read that right... one of both and it was like that for longer than i care to remember.

20. boabmatic

I don't think there is much of a difference in the actual driving between the console and PC, just you can tweak things a little more to make them feel a bit better.

Like the wheelcheck/Lut generator that does a test of the motor in the your wheel and then adjusts the force feedback settings to give a linear response.

Also anybody that wants to try iracing virtual2reality.tv on Facebook are giving out 3 months free promo codes if you direct message them.
    Got 1 last night and worked fine.

Will give it a test tonight against AC.

Cheers..

21. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Hey, i'm currently looking for a laptop but thought about building a PC for around 200 pounds and then i see this thread, I need it for Photoshop but thought about AC. Any advice on a 200 pound build?