1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Improve vote-kicking on MP servers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Guidofoc, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

The idea is to turn the "instant vote-kick into a "report" system for the session.

Example:
    1. I see you wrecking.
    2. I "flag" you by clicking a "report" icon next to your name on the leaderboard.
    3. At the same time I can "report" other guys if I see them wrecking.
    4. I can "report" each player just once during the whole session (which includes practice+qualy+race, or even more if possible).
    5. If I leave the server, my report for you remains active until the end of the whole session.
    6. Once I click "report" your "score" becomes 1 because I reported you.
    7. When/if other players report you, your score increases: 2, 3, 4..
    8. Of course the typical wrecker or the guy with anger management issues will in turn report other guys just to create a mess but it is the final score which matters. To solve this: only when at least 2-3 people have "reported" you your name will change color or a flag will appear next to your name.
    9. The other players can see that you have a flag so they know you may be a wrecker.
    10. Once your score reaches a fixed value, let's say 5 (but the server admins can decide), you are kicked until the end of the whole session.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster improvements on playstation 5 Mar 21, 2022
    ACC User Interface [SUGGESTION] HUD Improvement - split HUD element Jun 20, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer A Report Option would really improve the open lobby experience Apr 15, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality new mirror settings improve VR experience a lot Feb 22, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Skinning Improvement - Number Table Nov 18, 2020
    ACC Blog ACC v1.6 Improved simulation of downforce at yaw angles Nov 18, 2020
    ACC Blog ACC V1.6 improved tyre model and DHE 2020 compound! Nov 18, 2020
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 202 – Raging Bull II – Have you improved? Nov 14, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No HDR - How else to improve colours and lighting? Nov 4, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Tips to improve my lap time Oct 2, 2020
    General modding discussion Improve cars Sep 26, 2020
    XBox One Discussions Competizione graphic and steering wheel improvement? Sep 12, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer SUGGESTION: Race Direction Improvements Jul 27, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Gameplay Suggestion - List of potential improvement on ACC Quality of life Jul 18, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ratings Guide & How To Improve Each Rating Jul 1, 2020

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its another option, possibly someone could make a server side app. How would you give any info to general users about the system? even if it was official how would you notify general users about it? how would you stop groups of wreckers server trolls just going server to server and abuse the system.

I personally have no interest in a public kick vote system as I don't think it can or will ever work so even with that I wouldn't bother running it as there are better ways to keep the wreckers out of servers already. ;)

4. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

@martcerv
    Marty, sure Minorating is much better and it is automatic but on consoles they have no other ways at the moment unless Kunos decide to implement Minorating or some other blacklist system. And honestly the chance of a group of 5-6 wreckers who would love to get on a server together and spend their time doing this is very low (and they could do the same even now with the kick voting system), while the chance of a single wrecker taking a whole server hostage without anything you can do about it like now is sadly very high. I think the report system works better than the instant vote and that's the point of having it. You don't have to give any info to any user about the system, just put the "report" button beside the name and have a text popup that shows up when you hover on the button and says something like "report this player for wrecking", no need to say that he will be kicked when enough players report him. When A flag appears next to his name, have a text that appears when you hover and says "this player has been reported for wrecking" or similar.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    paul_wev likes this.
  5. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

How does the current kick vote system work? I can't recall seeing it? Only saw the skip and restart session options.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

6. flashat69

flashat69 Gamer

I say this on behalf of many other players who are tired and exhausted on the question of voting during a race. For example when you want to vote to skip or restart the current session. Or when you want to ban a very bad player. this type of voting often does not reach the target just because many do not know which key to press. it would be a very nice thing if the interface indicated this button. Unfortunately not everyone, especially the less experienced players, go to read the map of the keys of their controller. Second, it would be good if the session administrator's vote, ie the multiplayer room creator, had a higher weight.

paul_wev likes this.
  7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

You can take the donkey to the water but you can't force it to drink.

It's all there to make reasonable votings - yes and no can be mapped to the wheel and administrators can change the %.

The hint on which button to press is extra work for the dev side and I bet you: the donkey still won't drink.

It's the people who choose not to vote - simple as that.