1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Improved Open World Support

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Berniyh, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

This more a suggestion for the next project (AC2 or ACE, how some of us like to call it ;)), I doubt there could be much done for AC.
    Also note that I'm not requesting the next project to come with open world maps or even an open world focus.
    It would be very cool, but I am aware that racing is the core business of Kunos. :)
    I also Know that there are such maps out there already and I have driven most of them. :)
    The goal would be to provide improved support for such maps.

Suggestions:
    1. Improved support for large maps. Quite a few people (e.g. with motion rigs) have reported wonky feel with bigger maps, both in the FFB and the telemetry. This seems to depend on the position of the car (distance to the origin?). One guy even told me that he gets sick when driving in his motion rig on the scottish map Glencoe. Personally, I didn't have issues, even though I did notice the effects a bit in the FFB, but I hope that it could be improved for those that do notice it strongly. :)
    1b. Partial/chunk loading, thus allowing for even bigger maps and to improve performance.
    2. A second, more basic AI model with dumbed down physics (if you can do that :D). Or rather "traffic AI". dumbed down, so that you can calculate like maybe 50-100 cars on a decent CPU and thus create the feel of having traffic on the road.
    2b. Less important, but maybe an option. I haven't seen any map with traffic lights so far, but it could be an option and if so, the "traffic AI" should understand the concept of it.
    2c. It would be cool to have this traffic AI in multiplayer ;)
    3. It would be very nice if the game would allow checkpoint racing, meaning that you can define start/finish freely and then checkpoints in between. Might require some UI to lead to the next checkpoint (HUD arrow or similar)
    3b. even better if the points and thus the route could be modified from session to session by either an admin or a randomly chosen player
    3c. no, please no booster packs or other Mario Kart stuff. (not saying that Mario Kart is bad :p)

Hope that you can get some of these points done. :cool:

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Blog ACC v1.6 Improved simulation of downforce at yaw angles Nov 18, 2020
    ACC Blog ACC V1.6 improved tyre model and DHE 2020 compound! Nov 18, 2020
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 202 – Raging Bull II – Have you improved? Nov 14, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality HTC Vive Improved Visuals Nov 26, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Minor things that might be improved in the future Jun 15, 2019
    ACC General Discussions The things i would like to see improved before release. Apr 26, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Improved Assetto Corsa Competizione VR visuals FIX! Dec 8, 2018
    Suggestions Improved sound? As DLC perhaps? Jul 9, 2017
    Bug reports Xbox background apps causing framerate issues - can this be improved? Dec 9, 2016
    Console Lounge Stealth update: Black smoke clouds gone, skybox improved. Nov 29, 2016
    XBox One Discussions Best Track Settngs For Improved Performance..? Sep 3, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Improved AI at race starts Jul 21, 2016
    Chit Chat Room - Improved AI fuel handling May 18, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Improved lap times not recorded Nov 20, 2014
    Suggestions Improved server browser. Oct 19, 2014

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Sounds like NFS to me :D

Hell, the upcoming NFS looks fun, I might even get it for my kids (cough!)

4. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Not spoil them you shall, train well them little Padawans. :D

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

No idea, I haven't tried an NFS game in the last ~10 years.
    But none of those that I tried was any good at doing open world and that's waaaaaaaay before we even start to talk about physics.

The best so far was definitely TDU, which in the "Hardcore" mode even had somewhat decent physics (for an arcade game).
    It's the only non-simulation driving game I do fire up every once in a while because it had such a cool environment (Hawaii), a very cool collection of cars (quite a few of which we have in AC as well!) and it was the last game before AC that I tried were just plain "driving" was fun. :)

But anyway, I'm not asking for the next project to be an open world oriented game, even though it would be extremely cool.
    Just for a few improvements that maybe could be implemented. ;)

6. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I don't see Kunos going open world or rl traffic driving as that's a whole new concept, but you never know. If their next project is AC2 or whatever, I think they will stick to their formula and improve in every aspect where the current engine falls short.

mms likes this.
  7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

thanks for not reading and understanding what I wrote. :p ;)

(hint: I explicitly stated in the post before yours that I don't expect them to go open world. I'm just asking for improvements to allow for mods taking fully advantage of it. And for sure I'm not expecting them to implement everything from the above, it's just suggestions, as always.)

8. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I know, but I didn't knew that suggestions could be pure fantasy :p;)

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'd love Midnight Club 2 with modern graphics and realistic physics. It's my favourite open world racing game because they captured Paris so well...you can really sense the atmosphere of the city in that silly game :)

If Kunos offered a simplified physics model for basic traffic and pedestrians jumping out of the way last second...awesome.

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Ideas/suggestions are always based on fantasy.

If (and how) they will be implemented is not for me/us to decide. ;)