1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic In search of a Killer gt3 setup (any car)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by TeKnO-_-91, Sep 26, 2016.

1. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Hello people, Please share your gt3 setups here, i'm not asking i'm telling ;)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions search ingame livery folder Feb 2, 2024
    General modding discussion search request for 3d modeling Feb 20, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Problème de connexion : searching servers Sep 22, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Search by track? Jul 2, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer server search Jul 2, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room I Search for Leagues in AC ! Apr 14, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Multiple questions, and I did my search :) Dec 21, 2020
    General modding discussion Searching for a good BMW E36 M3 mod. Nov 24, 2020
    General modding discussion Searching for Hockenheim Track and Porsche Cars Nov 9, 2020
    ACC User Interface Select last search server by name strings Oct 23, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Unable to search for servers or see profile/rating Aug 11, 2020
    General modding discussion AI Research Integration Jul 17, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer name search does not work and more (SOLVED) Jun 22, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Searching servers ... for very long time Jun 8, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Searching server not working Apr 25, 2020

3. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

It's simple - move everything one click to the right - let me know how it goes. You're welcome.

SGT EDUBB likes this.
  4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

TeKnO-_-91 likes this.
  5. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

You sound to simple for my liking o_O

6. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

No need for that.

7. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

8. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Ok i'll give it a try if it makes you happy, and sry if i upset your precious feelings :)

9. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

The default setups are pretty optimised as regards to the car itself. The only changes to be made are driver/track specific. Track specific would be gear ratios and aero, fairly easy to set up, gears you want 6th (or top gear) to be hitting the limiter at the end of the straight. Aero is more corners, more wing, less corners etc..

Camber, Toe and suspension settings are down to what the drivers like to do in the car. Are you a smooth driver, are you an aggressive driver?.. Do you under or oversteer as preference?

If you're faster just by downloading someone else's setup I can guarantee that most of that time you gain is placebo. By simply adjusting the gears and aero to the track, the default setups are more than capable of winning races.

10. the-D-

the-D- Racer

They might be capable of winning public races, but a good setup will take 3 seconds out of a lap over stock, everytime.

11. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

Yeah but downloading random setups is not the way to find that 3 seconds. Not in my mind anyway.

Exage304 and Tomcul like this.
  12. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

Basic setup changes for any GT3/any track from default: Lower the height. Front 55mm and rear couple of mm higher. Rear wing as low as you can handle. Just enough to keep rear under control. Gear ratio needs track spec, but that is simple to adjust. With these changes you can get very close to cars optimum at any track on a one fast lap.

Rest of the setup is combination of your personal taste and track nature.

13. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

For anyone that is a bit new to AC, remember that after lowering a car you should at least compensate camber settings to keep the angles you started with (and later find your own, according to your driving), else, you'll gain a lot of negative camber on the rear that you might not be wishing for.

simbicort and TeKnO-_-91 like this.
  14. Gjsparkles

Gjsparkles Gamer

By compensating after lowering would it mean that you would straighten them out (ie less camber after lowering) I have found your comment quite intriguing, and am about to resume Assetto after a couple weeks off it.

15. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Lowering a car usually increases negative camber, so you need to put it back where it was before you lowered it. Other wise as alleyviper says you'll end up with camber that you might not want!

TeKnO-_-91 and AlleyViper like this.
  16. Exage304

Exage304 Gamer

I doubt you're going to find anyone that's going to share a setup. Hell less than 3% of people have beaten the 3 Career Intermediate series on PS4.
    I'm currently doing the R&T (research and tune) for the street cars on semi slicks and a couple other things (e.g. Ruf CTR stability) so I don't have any setups.
    Honestly, I only really feel like sharing what I have for cars that I think have truly awful defaults (e.g. "Bow Legged" the KTM X-Bow).
    I'd be happy to help you with setup advice though.

17. Wolwo

Wolwo Rookie

No worries. Soften springs all around and loosing it fairly up on the behind will bring you far. Easy on the throttle and tread the brake with tenderness like your girlfriend, then you'll soon fly.
    I used this with great succes and took it 'round the nurb in less than 15 min strait np(!) ;)

TeKnO-_-91 likes this.
  18. Jaye

Jaye Alien

You forget to mention to aim for 33psi warm tyre pressure as basic changes...

19. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Wolwo is that you?, your on my freinds list right? Its wolwoGTR right? Well thanks for the tips i shall hope to go around the nurburgring alot quicker than 15mins no matter what setup is available ;):)

20. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Well if you noticed the 3rd message posted kofotsjanne ever so kindly left a link that takes you to a website were there are tons of people sharing there setups,,so people DO share setups. And i set the thread as generic not just for us ps4 users. Feel free to help with setup advice,,would be dearly appreciated ;)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  21. About softening springs, I'd be careful with that, as the car will compress more both under braking/accelerating, but also with the down force at higher speeds, and the fact the car will naturally be lower with softer springs. This can cause issues when the front splitter or rear diffuser end up being too close to the ground and 'stall', meaning the downforce effect is reduced dramatically - this results in big losses of downforce when you least expect it.

Generally, setups on high-downforce cars are a compromise between being soft enough to yield grip and not skip about, but stiff enough to provide aero stability.

Lowering the GT3 cars in AC generally brings some downforce gains and drag reductions (both good things), but you have to be aware of how low you are getting at various loads.