1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Intermittent Screen Stuttering \ Low FPS Online

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Hammerpgh, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

I am really struggling with the game when racing online. I get quite bad spells of poor framerate at certain points of tracks which make the car really difficult to handle. It's ruined the last two races i've run, one at Zandvort and this past Saturday at Sliverstone.

It seems to get worse the longer the race progresses and the problem increases when I get cars start to close on me. As an example all was going fine on Saturday, running in a solid second place at Silverstone in the Tatuus with half a dozen laps to the flag. The car behind was a comfortable 7 seconds adrift and all was fine but then I had a poor lap that pulled him to just around 5 seconds and then going through Maggotts \ Becketts started to get very tricky as the FPS dropped each lap. Over the last few laps another car pitted and joined back in the race just behind the car chasing me and that was curtains for me. Penultimate lap I go into the same complex and the drop of fps is so bad I end up with my car almost off track which sends me into a spin dropping me down to 6th place. Gutted. It seems any time a car gets within a certain distance it all goes to pot, especially towards the end of the race. Both times this has happened have been on the penultimate laps of races.

I really don't want to drop out of this series that is with a really good bunch of guys but this problem really does spoil it for me and in both races it's happened I have almost taken other cars out with me when going wide and spinning out.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Intermittent "disconnected" in menus [ISP related] May 29, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Intermittent stuttering with loads of headroom Apr 9, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Intermittent shifting problem Nov 23, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Crashing freezing system completely intermittently May 20, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Large intermittent stutters with high end PC Feb 6, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Minor intermittent issue Jan 2, 2020
    Physics Bugs & Issues AI Intermittent Brake Lights May 27, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Logitech G29 pedal inputs flicker then stop working intermittently Feb 1, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Intermittent connection problems on my own local server . Others can connect. Nov 25, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Intermittent connection problems to my own local server (different PC). Others can connect fine. Aug 22, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Intermittent crashes after 1.5 Update Apr 2, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Intermittent loss of window focus Oct 16, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Intermittent ctd after returning to the lobby app Jul 26, 2014
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues escape during race intermittently not working Nov 21, 2013
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Editing screens individually, is it possible? Triple Monitor setup plugin. Apr 5, 2024

3. Odbball

Odbball Racer

Since release until about a month ago I had no stutter, ever. A bit of slow down on a bend when too many cars on screen, but no stutter.

I only use my Xbox for assetto corsa, only one other game installed, project cars.

Month ago Xbox had an update and I installed project cars 2 demo. Since then I get occasional stutter, not on the scale you describe, its a bit annoying, not a show stopper.

My thought Is, did the update cause it (deleted pcars 2 demo), has it made yours worse?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  4. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

It’s been like it from release to some degree, some tracks worse than others. Then a got a Xbox x, game ran much better, but it’s even come back on there since last update, along with save issues. I’m going to wait until next patch, properly on release of ultimate edition. I will delete everything, then do a fresh instal. Then if the game doesn’t run and work as it should I will just uninstall everything and that will be it. Will I purchase another Kunos game on console, probably not.

5. Odbball

Odbball Racer

There are no more updates to console version. There will be no update with the ultimate edition. The stuttering will not receive a patch.

What I am saying - it has NOT been like it from the start, it only started recently.

I played today, post an Xbox update and when I review in my mind I experienced no stutter. Maybe resolved?, time will tell.

I can’t wait for the next kunos game, looking to buy a suitable pc when required spec known. Kunos made the best driving experience on console, why would anyone not want what they do next.