1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is a fix planed for third person view ??

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by Faultier, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Faultier

Faultier Rookie

I´m playing a lot of racing games and they all have a good third-person view.

But the one in AC is kinda dynamic.

Some people like it but I wish I could stop that "wiggle" and have it in
    fixed position just like Project Cars offers it.

Who thinks the same ?

DatNoiseV12 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    ACC Virtual Reality Any fix for dashboard? (DX12 + VR) Jan 2, 2024
    ACC Gameplay (Fixed) 296 Missing in Intercontinental Championship Oct 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Final fix on Pc Jul 26, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game wont start on launch been trying to fix for over a week please help Jul 19, 2023
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.4 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jun 7, 2023
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.3 hotfix update OUT NOW! May 25, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Endurance Race Entry List, please fix! May 7, 2023
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.2 hotfix update OUT NOW! May 3, 2023
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 25, 2023
    ACC General Discussions What is the best advice to fix understeer and oversteer Mar 11, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting VIEW settings corrupted - FIXED Mar 10, 2023
    General modding discussion I have this issue and idk how to fix It. Feb 9, 2023

3. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

yes, i'd like to see a 3rd person camera that stays attached to the back of the car, without any swing, like forza, pcars etc. but i think they will never bother :/

Faultier likes this.
  4. Raikku

Raikku Racer

Have to say that AC's chase view is one of the worst ever in driving games.

Marco Favret and Faultier like this.
  5. Faultier

Faultier Rookie

At least 2 people think the same :D

Yeah the 3rd-person view is really strange in this game and its soo hard to control the cars at high speed.

I hope they at least include an option to make it "static". :)

They do listen to us so I´m confident :)

6. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

This is a sim, makes sense they won't waste time with an arcade camera mode.

7. Faultier

Faultier Rookie

And this is not helping.

They offer a third person cam! So they have to ensure it works fine and not wiggles all
    over the place so controls are extremely difficult.

If they don´t care then just delete this camera-view ;)

8. Raikku

Raikku Racer

I don't use it either but it's there so it should be useable. In general when talking about cam-views, I think that pCars approach(same as in most pc-sims) is righ one, you have to have possibility to adjust distance/pan/angle etc.

Faultier likes this.
  9. Faultier

Faultier Rookie

I played so many racing games in my life and none of it had such a "wiggle" chase cam.
    The 3rd person view of Pcars is fine, so is the one from Forza, Gran Turismo, GT Legends, hell even
    Enthusia or PGR had a great chase cam.

I really hope they work on this.
    Can´t be that difficult to make it static.

10. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I don't think this is about difficulty, rather than time investment compared to usage. There is finite time and manpower to implement features and change stuff. If there is lots of demand for something, the devs (on PC or console side) will look into it, but you need to understand, that this is indeed a sim and most people will use the cockpit view as it is the most realistic in terms of experience. So if only a handful of people want this and most don't care, it will be very low priority. Even if it literally was only one line of code to change, it has to be implemented, adjusted and tested to see if it doesn't glitch and works on all cars/tracks as expected. Sorry, rant over.

There is a suggestions subforum in the console section, maybe open a thread there asking about changes to the 3rd person cam and if enough people want this, it may very well be changed at some point.

Faultier likes this.
  11. Faultier

Faultier Rookie

12. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

this isn't a what camera you play in issue, its a lack of tools in the option menu to set the camera the way we enjoy issue.

Nwg and Faultier like this.
  13. SF73

SF73 Gamer

I agree with the OP. Although I nearly always use cockpit or bonnet cam, I do sometime use rear view as we cannot look left and right at the moment in 1st person views. It helps when close racing. Also cars sound awesome from rear view. However going round the long right hander (any long corner for that matter) after the chicane at Monza looks like your car is drifting. It is very off-putting.

Faultier likes this.
  14. Basquiat

Basquiat Gamer

No, this is a 'you should be glad there's so many cameras' issue, for being a simulator it easily could and should have dash camera only.
    The lack of FOV options and seat adjustability, this is the only issue.
    We have replays for the rest.
    Stop whining about non sense and start using it the proper way, please.

15. Badi1994

Badi1994 Rookie

Please do not consider this offensive, but this is very egocentric way of thinking. You should not tell someone else how he should enjoy his game, especially in such manner. You're probably an elitist who seeks the most pure experience and it's fine if it makes you happy, but making others thinking your way can't be concidered an apropriate behavior.

As for the cameras I drive mostly interior, but when I change to exterior I enjoy it because of how different to every other game it is :D more camera options would be great though! maybe after private lobbys? :)

Gevatter likes this.
  16. Faultier

Faultier Rookie

I wrote them several times on Facebook about it but they only seem to care about saying thanks for
    positive posting and they don´t care about such issues here.

But well - Pcars 2 comes along this year so does Forza 7 and both have an awesome third person view
    which does not wiggle at all.

17. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

............You were so focused on attacking me because you mistakenly thought I play in a different view than you that I cant tell what exactly your point is. Note that before you look for the biggest stones to throw at me I never play in anything other view besides dash and cockpit view.So don't strain yourself and just throw little stones at me if you do attempt one more time at communicating thur a comment. I'm sure that would make it easier to hit me from that soapbox you are standing on.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    Nwg likes this.
  18. kraM1t

kraM1t Racer

Do you not have the option to disable G-force effect on consoles?

On PC I can make 3rd person view completely static to the car by disabling those.

[​IMG]

ZX636 likes this.
  19. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

don't have anything thing for any cam other than a 10 number FOV change and virtual wheel rotation. Its a shame the console version was so stripped down. The console could handle all of these options with no problem. Has any one from kunos addressed or commented about the console version needing the rest of the options added or let us know they are planning to finish this part of the game? I cant find anything thur search.

Faultier likes this.
  20. Faultier

Faultier Rookie

yap too sad so many options were left out and most of all they don´t care :(

21. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

No, unfortunately we don't have this kind of customization on consoles. I think we can only change the FOV between 50 and 60 and the virtual steering rotation limit.