1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is it time to be honest and critical about ac?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Snoopy, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

At version 1.1 I think it is time to look at AC as a game that is supposed to be a finished simracer. Yet wherever I look I see unfinished stuff. Literally every aspect of the game seems not ready.

-Physics are the best, but low-speed behavior is still erratic and weird. Crash and jump physics are terrible.
    -Car stalling, ignition?
    -Graphics are great, only to be spoiled by a low resolution dirt on the windshield (and cracked glass texture). The dash screens even on the DLC cars are terrible. Burnt out, compressed and low rez.
    -Cars are detailed, but many still lack working dash instruments or have stretched mirror reflections.
    -The penalty system is far from logical. Missing the corner and going wide in the grass is considered a cut.
    -Although I don't care much about pit stops, any good simracing game should have them.
    -Multiplayer performs well, but there is so much more needed about it.
    -There are good sounding cars, and some terrible sounding. What happened to reverb? The decay levels are way off, the 5.1 mix is weak.
    -Special challenges are unbalanced. I even passed the P1 with a detected cut. Can anyone actually pass the drift challenges with a gold?
    -The A.I. goes fast around a track, but doesn't race.
    -Proper occulus support?
    -The editor works, but it is clearly unfinished and buggy and lacks basic features.

It is the best hot-lapping game, but what about making it a racing game some time soon? Other developers get flamed for delaying their games, and here we are at version 1.1 still playing a beta. I wouldn't play another sim, so I want to see that one get where it needs to be.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions My honest opinion on ACC after switching from XsX to PC Jul 16, 2022
    ACC General Discussions A Really Honest Talk About ACC Pricing in Brazil [505 - REPORTED TO PUBLISHER] Jul 23, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Honestly...it's SUPER also on Consolle! Jul 14, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Punishment for dishonest Jan 20, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Eurogamer's honest review Jun 20, 2019
    Chit Chat Room My unbiased honest review for AC Apr 22, 2017
    Console Lounge Lack of Communication and Honesty (Again) Mar 31, 2017
    Console Lounge Lack of Communication/Honesty Feb 7, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Well, let's be honest, there are better driving simulators than AC. Dec 6, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Lots of crashes after 1.0.3 update (it always crashes to be honest) Oct 21, 2014
    ACC Troubleshooting Game wont Start after Hotfix - Critical UE4 Error [audio device error] Dec 15, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer New critical swap issue Jan 16, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards A critical issue with SA rating Jun 29, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting critical control bug Jan 21, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting [1.0.6] Another UE4 critical error Jul 30, 2019

3. .Repa24

.Repa24 Hardcore Simmer

Pitstops are available (Multiplayer), Oculus Rift support will come, when the consumer version got released.

McStinger, Snoopy and Pascalwb like this.
  4. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

I have all the drift challenges in FR cars gold, I'm not too interested in the MR ones, but didn't do well when I tried.
    Most of the other things I am unlikely to notice.
    I agree the editor can be improved, it can be a bit buggy at times.

5. pitstops available in such a vague way, each car series needs it's own rules, GT cars do not change tyres and fuel at same time for example in real life, and we should be able to add ballast, or some kind of BOP in GT cars. and each racing series has to have it's own rules, weather it's GT or not

-Still not able to engage first gear at the start to start a race properly like a simulator, and not like a PS3 Game as it is now (yeah your racing simulator...)
    - many missing features some are in single player but not in multiplayer.

AC still a beta guys, and please do not ask for cars and tracks, we need to ask about a finished simracing simulator with the features it needs finished and properly implemented.

6. iVG

iVG Alien

No pit stops????

7. guess he say no pitstops in single player, but anyway in multiplayer pit stops should be completed with diferent rules per car series, and more options like changind tyre pressures before hand, cause each tyre compund needs diferent tyre pressures , so make it useless to change tyre compund in a pit stop,
    also adjusting fornt wing in formula cars should be possible,

and all changes should be able to be set before entering pitlane,

8. iVG

iVG Alien

Oh yeah yeah they're not finished at all but at least they are present.

paulieGTR likes this.
  9. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

As far as im concerned if kunos doesnt get their act together soon and start getting some polish into the game its going to die.. Im a massive fan of the game but even ive had feelings about going back to iracing to actually 'race' not just hotlapping with friends..

There is NO quality control of the stuff that gets delivered to the public eg some cars have glowing headlights, some dont, some cars brake lights work, some dont.. Stuff like this shouldnt even get through to us, yea sure the odd thing here and there but no way near as much as we have..

Half of the stuff they give us is is half arsed and not propperly thought about..take flags for example.... its heart breaking to see..

10. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

I'm mostly into hotlapping and driving, so I haven't been very critical. I'm still in the honeymoon period for sure.
    MP racing is something I could see myself getting into sometime in the future, but for now I'm pretty happy and impressed.
    Most of the visual stuff isn't bothering me very much.

I'm with you on the windshields. They could be cleaned up, not 100% spotless, but cleaned up.
    Ignition/stalling would be nice.
    Working gauges would be nice too.
    AI is certainly still a weak point. I watched a P1 and MP4-12 tailgate an Abarth 500 for a mile on the Nord without passing.

11. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

I agree with mostly what Snoops said and now that I (we) have the laser scanned Nords, I actually want all the improvements and polish to come. I didn't care about them that much before, because to me Nordschleife was more important. I know, I'm selfish, you'll get over it.

But seriously Kunos, time to complete this sim with features, DLCs can come later, let's say in between completion patches. At least until it comes to an almost complete build, in terms of features and playability.

Dmny, Lawndart, zaratul and 1 other person like this.
  12. Sakai

Sakai Simracer

Iirc, Kunos promised to release 50 cars in 2015. That's 4 cars per month! I don't know much about game development, but judging by other sims, that seems way too much. Let alone everything else they have to do. No wonder quality isn't the best.

13. Sakai

Sakai Simracer

I'm sure we all can understand that. :) But now it is definetly the time to switch priorites to quality over quantity.

7he4Ce and PAKFA like this.
  14. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

We all want the perfect sim, but man, give developers a break. They released the DLC and 1.1 this week, and I don't want to think how much sleep they need now!

Hanzales, Tony74, Cote Dazur and 4 others like this.
  15. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I agree. I am starting to settle on the opinion that the scope of content, driving and visuals are top shelf, but everything else is a bit flaky, a bit odd, a bit lacking. For me, AC is a superb racing engine , but a relatively poor game . Mind you, the top quality of the engine and content make AC the only sim I play.

16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

People keep asking for engine stalling, apparently it topped a dev user poll of most hated feature in NetKar...

17. no way

TehRawk likes this.
  18. What I still miss:

- Spectator mode (wip?);
    - Pre set pitstop (wip?)
    - Time of transition (wip?)
    - Cloudy weather random
    - Ambient and track temperatures random
    - Brake temperatures (wip?);
    - Water and oil temperatures (wip?);
    - Online live replay;
    - not enter automatically on the starting grid in the race
    - jump start penalty (wip?);

(wip?) = I think it's in the plans

19. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

If you dont click go now before 5 seconds left you get kicked to pits and are unable to drive for 20seconds.

20. Timberwind

Timberwind Racer

In my opinion, this game is the best hotlapping simulator to date and probably will be for a long time, but it isn't -as many others pointed already out- a racing sim.
    My personal deal breakers:

-Still some terrible audio samples (I just can't drive those cars)
    -Very, very weak, almost non-existant AI
    -Bugs in MP with lap times
    -MP problems with results
    -DLC+Non-DLC user policy (Non-DLC user can't join server with DLC content, see Empty Box video, possible bug?)
    -Not implemented ending screen "Race Over" "You won" or something like a visual representation of the finishing order in MP
    -Unbalanced events (remember that Giulietta Time Attack until 1.1?)
    -Bunch of minor issues

21. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

Your dead right snoopy ,but whenever you make any negative comment about this sim the fan boys get the knives out and defend it, which is so immature and childish ! , but then its probably the children who do the defending ....
    Kunos are doing a great job , however no one or nothing is above constructive criticism and I`m sure Kunos are grown up enough to take it on the chin !