1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Is there any guide for the hybrid cars (919, SF15T, 918, P1...)?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by SlimCharles, Jun 6, 2017.

1. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Specially for the 919. What MGU-K recovery means and do? What are the different ERS modes? What they do? Why when I set it to "hot lap" it runs out of energy before finishing the lap (and loosing a lot of time)?**

I also would like to know if there is any guide for the rest of the hybrid cars.

**I know they have a limit of 8 MJ per lap, but they deliver the power very inefficiently. In spa I run out of energy on Blanchimont, what makes me loosing a lot of time. Specially when coming out Bus Stop.

Maverick944 and svenvangent like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Misano | Track Guide + Setup | Tips to be faster Jun 14, 2022
    Screens & Videos HP Reverb G2 - VR Guide to get 90fps with amazing crystal clear graphics Mar 11, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Kyalami | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Feb 23, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Leo Sousa - Hotlaps, Setups, Track Guide, Prime Skins, Coaching and Tips Dec 2, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Paul Ricard | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Nov 4, 2021
    ACC General Discussions How to gain good rep in ACC (Beginners Guide) Nov 2, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Hungaroring | Track Guide + Setup | Tips to be faster Sep 23, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Where can I find a guide to the multiplayer server listings? Aug 1, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Barcelona | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Jul 3, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Silverstone | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Jun 21, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Brands Hatch | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Jun 11, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Monza | Track Guide | Tips to be faster May 20, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC | Imola | Track Guide | Tips to be faster Apr 9, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - Nurburgring - Track Guide - Tips to be faster Mar 26, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - SPA - Track Guide - Tips to be faster Mar 18, 2021

3. quakeguy

quakeguy Hardcore Simmer

There is. Kind of. Aristotelis posted this when the SF15-T was originally released:

SlimCharles likes this.
  4. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

That guide posted above is hugely useful for understanding what can be a very complicated process to get your head around. It's also a very interesting read. As a result I am not sure what help I can be but here goes...

Using Hotlap on virtually any circuit will see you deplete your hybrid assistance too soon. That deployment mode gives full system power at all times. In other words you are probably wasting precious resources on parts of the circuit where you will soon scrub off speed before the next corner.

ERS deployment is most effective when coming onto quick sections as you accelerate faster and you increase your average speed which is where you gain lap-time. There is no point launching like a bullet up to 230km/h only to drop to 70km/h a couple of seconds later and using hybrid power right up until you brake. Speaking of braking, ensure your energy recovery from your braking is not too low as you may use more electric power than you harvest. You need to experiment to see what the lowest % setting is that allows you to have a harvesting surplus while still giving you the most effective stopping performance. This obviously varies with the circuit.

I usually use Low Aggressive and then manually deploy electric assistance when required.
    For example, when coming from Le Source hairpin I will give the 919 Hybrid a blast of hybrid assistance for no more than 2s then stop as you will scrub some speed through Eau Rouge and Blanchimont. As you exit Blanchimont then hit it again as you have Kemmel Straight to take advantage of that longer run at high speed.

Using manual deployment obviously gives you full control and this allows you to never finish a lap while not having used all available hybrid power allotted for that lap. In the Porsche 919 Hybrid always remember to use it or lose it.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    Lewisxbone and SlimCharles like this.
  5. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Hey mate! Quite complex systems! Above you have already the explanation post of Aris of the Hybrid systems.

You can learn from them also for the two 919 LMP1-H prototypes.

I let you here down 3 videos that helps quite a bit! And maked on PS4

Theory of the systems.

How to use them in qualifying

How to use them in races

For me the videos where a bit more useful to me personally.

Aris after the theoretical post gived also a driving advice post...Here you go.

So all this theory is great, but here are some practical advice on how to extract more performance from the car, before starting to fiddling around with setups, ERS profiles and everything else.

First of all, know your engine performance. The engine is practically capped at 10500rpm. This is where the red leds are ending. It actually hurts acceleration if you push to over 11500rpm or worse to the limiter.
    So what you have to do, is change gear at the 1st or 2nd blue led for low gears (1st, 2nd, 3rd) and at the last red led or 1st blue led for the rest of the gears.
    If you don’t get adeguate top speeds, then it is because you are using too much revs. Short shift is the key word here.
    Also because the rules of the series impose fixed gear ratios for the whole season, the 8 gears overlap in a way that the driver can choose which one to use depending on the available traction and speed. The ERS profiles also take this into consideration as you probably have learned by know.

Use the MGU-H modes from Batteries to Motor depending on what you want to do. As explained in the above document, even the hotlap profile only uses around 70% of total MGU-K power. Change the MGU-H to Motor and get another 20-25% of total electric power. Use wisely, remember that if you deploy your batteries to overtake someone, then maybe he can overtake you back when you will remain without batteries energy.

Car has plenty of torque, everywhere from 7000 to 11000. It’s a torque monster.
    Together with the various regenerative functionalities and braking difficultie, aero characteristics and tyre characteristics, it requires a specific driving technique. For slow turns, chicanes and similar situations, brake as late as possible in a completely straight line. DO NOT trailbrake into the curve. Go deep straight braking before turning in. Get off the brakes and do a very fast turn in. Take a very late apex and accelerate as straight as possible to get as much traction as possible.

For medium to fast bends, use as much of the width of the track as possible and take the most wide line possible, every little inch pays. The less you use the steering wheel the more power you can apply and more traction you will have. A great example is Turn 4 of Barcelona. Tiny line modifications can make a difference between exiting flat out from the apex or having to modulate the gas pedal. Again ERS profiles here can be your friend.

The car has also lot’s of aero trickery to make it more aerodynamically efficient. The correct front/rear height and angle is very important to get the most out of your diffuser. The front wings will bend at speed to give you some more efficiency. The rear “monkey seat” wing will get accelerated air from the rear exhaust and that will help it to have less drag and also stall the big rear wing or help it being more efficient, so it depends on your accelerator input too.. it’s not as efficient as a blown diffuser, but every little thing helps. You can watch all this magic trickery in the WINGS dev app.

Most importantly, the car is VERY sensitive to setup adjustments. One click at a time is not mandatory but OBLIGATORY. Take your time, be focused if you feel frustrated stop and try again the next day… but most importantly… Have fun!

pippo10 and SlimCharles like this.
  6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

These cars in real life get custom ERS profiles for each track they drive which are pre-programmed by the engineers since the car always knows at which part of the track it is. (i.e. Monza, Lesmo 1 to Lesmo2 is a short straight, therefore you would rather use low ERS delivery, but exiting T1 with a long full-throttle part would mean a high delivery)

But AC doesn't work this way and therefore has a few options available as ERS profiles and you need to figure out which settings fits best.
    Hotlap on a long track usually doesn't last the whole lap as already said.

Aris posted this on the topic of the other 919 ERS modes:
    The 919 doesn't have adjustable settings for engine brake, MGU-K recovery or MGU-H mode like the SF15-T has.

SlimCharles and Donnced2 like this.
  7. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Best to set them on charge mode and manually use the KERS, least that way you can save it on the bits you don't need it.

CrabNicholson and SlimCharles like this.
  8. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Nice! I was looking around to find some more specific information also like slimcharles of Aris about the Porsche 919 LMP1-H prototypes.. But didn't find it..

It would be great that Aris maked a pinned post with more specific information about the LMP1-H prototypes hybrid systems.

Thanks BTW for sharing this little reply from him about the 919:)

SlimCharles and Schnipp like this.
  9. Jon Legg

Jon Legg Racer

The main problem for me with these cars is the lack of button mapping, hopefully resolved in next update. Only being able to cycle the settings in one direction, up, is quite annoying. I'd like +\- control but there aren't enough buttons on my wheel. I hope button mapping will use external keyboards. Out of interest, can you map +\- for these settings on the PC version?

SlimCharles likes this.
  10. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Yes, you can cycle up and down on PC if you bind it to your KB or wheel.

Can't remember if there is also a hardcoded shortcut for cycling down too.

11. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

So more MGU K recovery give you less braking power.

12. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I think on Console we are able to set values for MGU K R on cars we shouldn't be able to, P1 and 918 from memory.

I think this happened when the button map was altered when the red pack arrived...

Q. What cars on PC can MGU K R be adjusted?

13. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I can't think of another Kunos car beside the SF15-T that can adjust MGU-K recovery.

14. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

So the MGU K recovery doesnt do anything on P1, 919 and 918?

15. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I think for a short time there was an adjustable MGU-K recovery on the P1 (maybe 918 too, not sure) and it did affect the car, but the real cars don't feature this and it was removed in one of the updates.

Don't know though if they actually change something on the console.

But afaik the LMP1 cars only have adjustment for the power (MGU-K) delivery.

SlimCharles likes this.
  16. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I have just had a quick check, all the hybrids on console bar the Ferrari LaFerrari have MGU K recovery from 0-100 percent, or at least a pop up saying it has been changed when the button is pressed.

Delivery mode depends on the car, name of mode is different from car to car.

Same button is used for TCS as MGU-K recovery adjustment takes priority in a car with that system, which seems like it could be avoided in most of the cars if they are not supposed to have the possibility to change it!

Bug or at least an over sight it seems.

17. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Ummm so it's a useless option then. In consoles, like graveltrap is saying, you can change the MGU K recovery (in the 919, 918 and P1 you have two buttons related to the hybrid system: the hybrid modes and mgu k recovery) but it doesn't afect the car? I know, at least 918 and p1, can't adjust the MGU K recovery in reality, but I though it was like ABS (you can't change this either in a normal road car, most of them for sure).

@Aristotelis could you explain this to us?