1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic It's hard too say but... (console)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by iwanchek, Apr 12, 2017.

1. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

...I think this game is dead!

Turn it on after two weeks off, online is horrible (as usual), no competitive players, track rotations....nothing

This upcoming update (I hope) will save few players but I'm really deeply sad.

I realize now that the studio needed money, release console version, which is on 40% of its capabilities and sell it (for fair price tbh) in maybe year or two game will have the state that PC version have and this is just too much for me personally. I still respect Kunos for doing great job but I think this one will not make it.....

Kunos, I don't want too disrespect you, I really believed (and somehow I still believe) that you will update the game that got few features more but it's too much waiting for the"improvements", i invested 300$ on my wheel, but game is just boring.

I really hope that in the near future game will become something but I really doubt in that.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Safety - too easy to lose, too hard to gain? Nov 17, 2018
    ACC User Interface Save replay button missing / too hard for me to find Sep 13, 2018
    Chit Chat Room AI hav become too hard Apr 9, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Ac special events still too hard. Oct 19, 2014
    Physics Bugs & Issues Too hard to drive in comparison with a real car Sep 19, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Giving up on the special events...Just too hard! May 26, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Too hardcore for its own good/sales? May 22, 2014
    ACC Hardware Discussions [Suggestion] additional eye tracking hardware. Apr 27, 2023
    Bug reports Charmeleon graphic glitch in Paul Richard Mar 1, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions It depends on the hardware Jan 7, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Hard reboot of whole system when selecting game mode [PSU failure] Dec 18, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality HP G2 necessary Hardware Oct 5, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Help for a beginner sim set up (hardware) Sep 6, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal error [potential CPU/RAM OC complication or RAM hardware issue] May 15, 2021
    ACC Gameplay How to reliably pick an AI level for a close, hard race? Feb 21, 2021

3. Sadly I agree with you. Almost one year has passed from the launch but it is too much in late from the pc version. I sold Project Cars with the idea of keep only Assetto Corsa. Bad choice. I feel betrayed and frustrated of this continuous delay of development.

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

svenvangent and SkechBG like this.
  4. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Wow is it the end of August already? Where did the summer go o_O

5. SkechBG

SkechBG Racer

And where is the PC settings to Console once? Button Mpping,Fov, seat ajustments, udp support , drag race...ect..ect...ahhh yes they comes "Soon".. Almost a year late from the release...so why they release it so early...oh yes is because they needs money from DLCs...extra...doble...from people who allready own everything on PC..now lets milk it again on console...
    And the most important question...Where is the subtitle Assetto Corsa -EARLY ACCESS on consoles?... Again we gone a pass a early access ...really!? For 49,99 game copy + 29,99 euro seasson pass...

6. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I love when people create threads with very confusing titles to force you to enter in the threads to see if you are interested in the topic.

7. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

And the Xbox setup/tune screen still wasn't work properly, from day 1.

8. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I see people continue to say it's been out a year.
    Le
    i see in the other thread you mentioned GTsport, a game with the same amount of content with physics that have little work put in them compared to AC, poor sounds, poor AI and no proper offline mode and from a developer who took 2 years to release it's most hyped feature, after only telling ( discreetly on their website ) that the course maker wont be in the game on launch but soon after (2 years ) and the community feature took a year (the other hyped feature ). The last 2 GT games also had terrible netcode (so who knows how GTsport will fair), and this from a first party dev. Is GTsport a tech demo\early access in your opinion? If you are going to whine like a teenager on her period, at least stay coherent.

At least this time you have had your period in a more relevant thread rather than an interesting thread.

9. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

If you scroll your cursor over the title a little window will pop up and give you the first few sentences of the OP.

bradleyland and SlimCharles like this.
  10. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

When is 8 months almost a year? Whilst the game is missing things from the PC version it is far from the early access product you describe, the career mode, the special events, the race weekend, hot lap and practice modes are all available. The online is poor for sure, but as you are keen to point out improvement is coming soon :D

You seem miss informed on DLC, the Dream packs are included in the vanilla console game, yes that was DLC content that was given to you for free.

The red pack and the Japanese Pack are the only things you spent money on twice for, the Porsche stuff wasn't available on any platform when *you* pre-ordered the game...Why on earth you think you should be entitled to this stuff for free is beyond me, it is you that decided to change platform after all. Try sending the console game back to steam and see if they will give you a refund ;) Oh wait you sold it on already...

A season pass is designed to relive you of your money early in a games life, before the hate and anger set in, hopefully you have learnt a lesson here and don't make the same mistake twice.

Sometimes it amazes me how much hate and anger a video game that is supposed to be fun creates!

Kembro, Lewisxbone, SGT EDUBB and 8 others like this.
  11. SkechBG

SkechBG Racer

I dont like GTsport... I mantion it because in my opinion is the reason why Kunos released AC on consoles so early...due of the previous release date for GTSport who later was deleyed...but another thing is Project Cars 2 who is in less development time than AC..on PC but offers a lot of NEW fetures and gamemodes...ect ect..and gone a be the game where many curent console players gone a be when is released...due of the lack of content and a super slow development of AC on consoles...in September the online in AC gone a be at half populated...almost dead...im not sure Kunos can reach this level of features...also the game engine cant permit it...ect ect...and one more think about GTSport ...the multiplayer factor of it gone a get some AC bored people with sure...not much because is too arcadish...but gone a make a impact...so in final of 2017 i dont think many players on console gone a still waiting and supporting buying dlcs for AC...and this gone a be the dead...of something good...but slowly developed...

12. SkechBG

SkechBG Racer

I cant sold it because i own a Digital Copy..+ seasson pass...otherwise with a plesure i gone a sold it...i have enough goimg back to PC1 and do some fun and full immersive races..with custom settings...with my community...so yes i dont need this early access game...anymore... And im compleatly aware about the dlc what is on pc and what not i own it there in my stam account from many years...and if you enjoys more playing AC on Console when you have PC version you are from another planet :).... I dont see why at lumch AC was 49.99 euro + 29,99 seasson pass...but anyway the money i dont miss it...i just was so exited with the news for relese on console and me and many more from 92 people community preorder it..and everyone expected same or similar experiance than on PC...but noooopeee surprise..day one...lack of fetures...many of them basic...lack of multiplayer "freedom"... And after all this time...still without many stuff...and we recive some fixes and DLCs and not the important settings and content...why you think PC version still alive? Because have Mods...and more settings who gives you better experiance...and why you think many people goes back from AC to Project Cars 1? Because have many good fetures who never gone a exist in AC...and this gives you more fun factor and differend gameplay...specially in multiplayer... For exemple are you able to do a endurance race in multiplayer on 24h Nurburgring with a random weather and real time progression for about 100 laps!? No..so this is what we do last week...and is one of the best experiances ever who we get on console....(dont ask me how long we drive) we swith between 2 every 2 hours...so this AC cant give you...and untill you wait for a update who comes aways SOON...we do a fun CUSTOM races and championships with differend settings and rules every time....Now if you cant understand why i blame my choice to buy AC on console ..something wrong happened with you...

13. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Apologies I misunderstood a post (quoted) in another thread...

Brilliant you have found a game that you can enjoy on console :)

Someone has to pay the bills, the game isn't full price on console by any means is it? You bought the season pass knowing what content was in it so you must have been happy at some point right?

I'd hate to see this place if the DLC content hadn't been released already ;) I am pretty sure you would be one of the guys complaining about not having the Porsches they had payed for already.

I agree some stuff is missing but it really doesn't stop me from playing the game and enjoying it, obviously for you these things mean you can't enjoy the game and feel the need to repeatedly tell us that.

I have no idea about the PC version of the game, I have never played it, I never will, so happily I am oblivious to what I am missing out on when it comes to multiplayer ;)

Did they fix the pit box issue on the Project Cars N24 layout then?, I seem to remember you could enter box 1 but never leave :( That game has its fair share of problems as well, but you are right the multiplayer is superior in every way shape and form, I do find it difficult to go back and play now for some reason.

Things come "soon" because Sony and Microsoft have to be satisfied with the content, I am sure once everything is ready to go we will be told a release date, and people will find something else to shout about ;) I am sure you know and understand this as well right?

I guess there must be something wrong with me, I am sure many will agree....

14. SkechBG

SkechBG Racer

Ok .. After see this Live Presentation..of PC2 now...definitivley i dont care when the custom lobbys comes and all tje missing stuff from PC... (you can be happy , i stop posting here anymore, and not gone a be feel bad about the what AC on console is...i must look in the future a bit...and continue enjoyng other games ...and not loosing more time here.... HAVE a good holiday....and a strong patiance to see a full version of AC anytime soon...Peace!

15. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I am sure you will be enjoying Project Cars 2 "soon". Just remember not to buy the season pass up front this time!

bradleyland and SkechBG like this.
  16. SkechBG

SkechBG Racer

Definitivley no more seasson passes before release with sure....and no more PC ports...Thanks have a good week :)

17. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

...are you feeling betrayed now or did I miss something?

18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I wonder what makes the butt-hurt people stick around...no offense but it's quite easy to just leave the game and this forum behind.

paul_wev and garyjpaterson like this.
  19. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Demand what I wrote wrong!

20. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

People stick around because the physics/handling FFB is the best on console, but the rest of the game is just unfinished and unpolished. If the console version had all the features the pc version has and all the settings you can alter the console users wouldn't be complaining.
    You play it and know how good this game could be, that's the annoying part. Then you look pc update, pc update, pc update, pc update how about some console updates that add the features the pc version has.

21. Radfahrer and paul_wev like this.