1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Jaggies in shadows across tracks/standard PS4

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by 365gt, May 2, 2017.

1. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Hi all,I had to buy a new tv and bought a Sony we663 and i've noticed jaggies across the track where there are shadows such as trees,i've tried lowering sharpness and all other settings but they are still there.It's very distracting as you look for breaking points etc.Before the Sony i had a Samsung hdtv but cannot remember seeing these jaggies.

Are these jaggies normal or would it be the TV.Many thanks in advance.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Jaggies on car help me Oct 20, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Remove jaggies? Jun 20, 2014
    Screens & Videos [Help & Support] The Anti-Aliasers - Anti-jaggies thread [Enough resoved] Apr 5, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Wierd white jaggies Nov 23, 2013
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars All shadows disappear when cloudy Jan 8, 2024
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Shadows in mirror is console exclusive ??? Nov 15, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No car shadows on side triple screens? Apr 15, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Lost contact shadows and other artifacts Dec 8, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Problems with shadows and images blur Dec 3, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Broken Shadows [Resolved by DDU clean and GPU driver reinstall] Nov 26, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Shadows in showroom not showing [custom engine.ini file overriding game settings] Oct 10, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Contact Shadows. Feb 13, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Contact Shadows apply on driver name label in race Feb 13, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Umm so just bought the game and cant see any shadows on cloudy and rainy etc. weather. Feb 6, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Shadows,damn them to hell. ? Dec 6, 2020

3. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

if it wasnt there on the old tv and it is there now, then probably yes it is the new tv causing it, which means there probably isnt a whole lot you can do about it. Not all tv's are good for gaming, some actually make things look much worse. I had an old sony bravia tv a few years ago and that was terrible for games.. it was the reason i got rid of it in the end.

365gt likes this.
  4. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Let me first start off by saying that i'm sry to hear that, especially with it being a new tv an' all.

1./ Have you tried the tv's game mode(i would also check the setting below).??
    2./ There's a setting that the tv has, that may or may not help in this case(X-Reality™ PRO).

Rediscover every detail with X-Reality™ PRO
    "X-Reality™ PRO picture processing upscales every pixel for exceptional picture clarity.
    As frames are analysed, each scene is matched..."

Source: .https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/televisions/WE660-WE663-WE665-Series/specifications#features

Anyways... wish you some luck.
    Be nice for you to revisit this thread and update it with your findings.
    This could go to helping others with same/similar model as you.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    365gt and paul_wev like this.
  5. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Hi PaulieGTR,many thanks for your reply.I've tried everything.In game mode it's way too blurry and there is no way of adjusting picture settings in this scene selection.X-Reality pro/motionflow etc is always on,there's no motion setting whatsoever on this model which is a shame but it is very smooth.I have messed around with settings especially sharpness/resolution/contrast etc and it is a bit better.I think maybe it's the Sony picture that shows up more detail than my Samsung so sharpness etc was always high on the Samsung,who knows.This tv is 1080p only and has HDR.There are picture setting available in HDR game mode so i might try messing around with that over the weekend but fear there will be too much noise in the picture due to HDR.I bought this tv as the standard ps4 now has HDR and GT Sport could be interesting in HDR??,not the real simulator i know, but could be fun.
    I forgot to mention that the jaggies in the shadows do dissapear as they come closer to view,so maybe it is just the clarity.I will carry on and let you know how i get on.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    paulieGTR likes this.
  6. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Hi Nobby76,many thanks foer your reply.I went with the Sony thinking it would be optimised for ps4.May be it is and it's just different and i need to get used to the picture.I do like the colours and the clarity.As mentioned to paulieGTR i need to mess around some more in picture settings etc.
    I will post how it goes.

7. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Ok,i've messed around with every setting known to man but no luck.The jaggies seem to hover when looking down a straight to a corner and its an awful mess.They do reduce if i choose an overcast session and reduce sharpness etc.Does anyone else have this it's driving me mad>

8. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

I'm not exactly sure of the issue you seem to be having without pics.
    Saying that... is it something similar to this.??

http://i65.tinypic.com/35ndjxw.jpg
    The pic from in link above was posted in the modding forum.

365gt likes this.
  9. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Hi paulieGTR,many thanks for the link but it comes up as an error.I'll try and search around the modding forum.I did think it was something to do with the anti aliasing etc but i think it's more of a motion issue.I'm going to send an email to Sony support and see what they come up with.I'll keep updating until there is a conclusion.I'm hoping if it is the tv that Sony will release a firmware update at some stage.
    I'll try and get a pic but it might not show up.

10. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

IMG_0668.JPG Here's a pic It is hard to see but if you look at the next line of shadows(centre ish of the pic) after the main shadow there is what looks like a black and white line as the shadwow starts again.It doesn't show on the pic but the shadows before the bend have this black and white line at the beginning of each part of shadow which looks like it's floating and makes a total mess of that part of the screen.Thanks for taking the time to look at this thread.

paulieGTR and paul_wev like this.
  11. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

I carelessly didn't realise i had linked back to forum source, that's why the error is there.
    Anyways... this is the image that was posted, but i think it's a bit different from the issue you're reporting.
    [​IMG]

12. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for that but yeah it is different problem.

13. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

I've just heard back from John lewis and i have a few days left to return it if i can't find a solution or if it's normal.The good thing about this tv is it has nearly zero DSE and there is just a faint bit of vertical banding on the left hand side,

14. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Final Conclusion
    I've hooked it up to a samsung tv and everything is as it should be.So,in terms of the Sony it did have a crisp clear picture,F1 looked brilliant on it but for games i would steer clear.I cannot believe that a Sony tv has these distracting artifacts on a ps4,mind boggling?????.nobby76 had the right idea in getting rid of a Sony bravia,i'll be doing the same.
    On a final note,i bought the 43 " curved samsung which lets just say is interesting.For sim racing it will help as a single screen setup but for watching tennis etc i'm not too sure due to the not so straight baseline.I'll probably get used to it, it's just that it's different.
    Thanks to those who contributed to this thread and i can now get on with weekly challenges.

Pip_-72-, Nobby76 and paulieGTR like this.