1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just tried AC in VR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chris, Feb 23, 2017.

1. magzire

magzire Alien

I can confirm that beer strangely works.

bigbawmcgraw, paul_wev and luxxx797 like this.
  2. Ok after a bit of experimenting, seems PP is working in VR, just there is no option to change filters ingame like you can without VR.

Not sure if its always been like that, but it came to my attention with the recently released RSS FH18 that PP wasn't working in VR without turning MSAA on.

3. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Yes vr only uses the default pp filter there’s no option for pp in rift mode.
    You can rename what ever filter you like to default though or just do a custom one and call that default.

4. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

Or you can use Content Manager, then you can have all the filters you want. It does the job for you

5. Yep im on CM, but PP only seems to work with MSAA turned on for me (which it always is on my single screen Preset, but never my VR preset, hence PP never seemed to work!). Can see the difference clearly on some cars, where the RPM lights don't work until you turn MSAA on.

6. rycil

rycil Simracer

do you mean that whatever the PP filter is selected in the graphic menu (in the launcher), it will use the default one in the game?

7. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

yes

rycil likes this.
  8. Mascot

Mascot Racer

Content Manager lets you use any PP filter you want in VR by temporarily renaming it as 'default' in the background (ie unseen) so that it is applied in the game.

It is a false misconception that only the default PP filter can be used in VR. Only filters that are CALLED 'default' can be used, and Content Manager will do this renaming for you without you even realising it. The actual PP settings can be anything you want.

Seriously people, it's 2018. Ditch the Kunos launcher and use Content Manager instead. It's better in every conceivable way and offers a TON of useful features.

9. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Content manager is great I use it for lots of things have the paid version since it was first released but as a launcher it’s not for me so I use the vanilla one instead.

10. rycil

rycil Simracer

thanks for the answer. hopefully I dont change the pp that much so I will rename it to default, no need CM for that.

11. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

Done first benchmark with oculus

PP on (OR Natural Graphics Mod) on medium
    Reflections and frequency on medium
    SS 1.5

Not bad at all with stock CPU and GPU

AC VERSION: 1.16.3 (x64)
    FPS: AVG=89 MIN=43 MAX=157 VARIANCE=0 CPU=54%
    LOADING TIME: 19s
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (1920x1080)
    OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x100-0x1
    CPU CORES: 8
    FULLSCREEN: ON
    AA:4X AF:16X SHDW:4096 BLUR:0
    WORLD DETAIL: 5 SMOKE:1
    PP: QLT:3 HDR:1 FXAA:0 GLR:3 DOF:3 RAYS:0 HEAT:0

12. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

just picked up a second hand Oculus Rift.
    Was sold after the first 10 seconds heading down Paddock Hill bend. :cool:

Need to mess with the settings as I felt I was too far from the steering wheel but haven't changed anything from what I had set on my 24inch monitor.
    felt a bit woosy after a few mins but seamed to go away so hopefully not affected by the dreaded VR Nausea :)

its the biggest head @#!% looking down and seeing a racing harness on your chest.

Is there anyway to see the main menus in the VR headset or do you need to take it off each time to set-up the races?

paul_wev likes this.
  13. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Sadly no, they were never designed for that. Your best options is to use something like virtual desktop. I hear the new Oculus software with Oculus desktop works fairly well also, need to opt in to beta software to get that though

boabmatic likes this.
  14. mms

mms Alien

@boabmatic , as @Serge M mentioned, you can do that by opting into the Rift Core 2.0 beta, it's really just a check-box to check, no installation will occur, only Oculus software will restart. I strongly recommend it to anyone, it is really a great thing, not only to have access to your desktop, but other cool features too.

In your Oculus Desktop app, go to Settings, Beta and check Rift Core 2.0 Beta. You can uncheck it any time if you don't like it.

Oculus_core2a.png

boabmatic likes this.
  15. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Have you had any issues with it at all or all working fine? Have not tried it yet, thinking of giving it a shot over the next day or two

16. mms

mms Alien

No issues so far, much better than the old Oculus Home, you should give it a try, worst case you can go back anytime without any installation.

Serge M likes this.
  17. boabmatic

Cheers mms & Serge .. will try out the beta home software.

Project Cars 2 was great as you could do everything without taking the headset off.

Not tried Rfactor2 or automobilista yet

18. Good luck with automobilista in VR ;)

mms likes this.
  19. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

Automobilista, Dirt 4... I can't believe they don't add VR support from the start and lose so many 'customers'
    I won't buy any racing games that don't have VR support

20. boabmatic

I saw a youtube vid with the title Automobilista in VR and just presumed it was supported :oops: ... AC , PCars2 and Rfactor2 will just have to keep me busy ...

shattered this morning though as I was playing til 2am and up for work at 6:30 :(

mms, cerebralvortex and paul_wev like this.