1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just tried AC in VR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chris, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

We understand that, but as you can try your self, setting a low resolution can improve performance by 10 or 20% in VR in AC, depending on your headroom.
    This happens in other games as well. Raceroom experience can improve up to 30 or 40% just by setting the "GUI" resolution down to 1024x768.

Turning the vr mirror OFF (ENABLED = 0) has no impact. The resolution however, does.

The devs can say a lot of things. But nothing replaces experimentation and what I said above is true.

2. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

I didnt know it affected performance like that , will give lowering the resolution a try to see how it affects my performance.

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Of cause GUI resolution affects performance, but only when it's "on" and apps are running on screen.
    All this talk of supersampling: using external supersampling only affects the GUI and should therefore be avoided. To increase pixeldensity, use the oculus.ini in AC documents folder. PPD value should not be higher than 2, I run my system with 1.5.
    This is old news and maybe obvious, but just in case :)

mms likes this.
  4. boabmatic

While we are talking about GUI/APPS , what is everyone running apps wise in VR (the ones you can see on the HUD)

currently running sidekick, protyres (smallest view) , delta , realtime. (all located down to the bottom left of the HUD to try and keep them out of the main view)

was looking for something to upgrade the standard realtime app with and maybe try and drop some of them too.

5. ElPueblo

ElPueblo Hardcore Simmer

I am running Race Essentials, Delta, FPS counter, Helicorsa, RSR LiveTiming (only in hotlap mode) and that's about it. The HUD is always on, got them apps placed on the very far left and very far right, except Helicorsa, which sits right in the middle.

6. boabmatic

I just deleted RSR and Helicorsa (found I didnt need it with VR as you can look to the sides/mirrors and got crew chief running for additional help) , I do have FPS counter on at the moment while I mess with the video settings in VR but will be removed once I'm happy with the perfomance/quality.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  7. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Yeah, Crewchief and VR is all you need :)
    I use the HUD pages, but drive with no HUD on page 1. Then I have a page with sidekick, delta etc etc, another page with settings like seat positioning, fps etc.

katikomer likes this.
  8. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Sorry bud but plenty of people play AC on AMD cards on both monitors and VR without issue so it's misplaced to be blaming the dev for your specific issues. There's very likely something wrong on your system somewhere that is causing your problems because people with lesser machines (sometimes by quite a bit) have perfectly fine results in VR. I personally have found AC to be the second best running/looking racing game in VR and I only have a slightly above average machine. Unfortunately I have no idea what could be the source of your problems so I can't provide any assistance, VR has been pretty much 100% trouble-free on my system so I've not had to do much trouble-shooting.

mms likes this.
  9. boabmatic

Typer likes this.
  10. boabmatic

11. Tberg

Tberg Alien

12. boabmatic

yeah suppose your right..... might be useful to someone and it passed some time at work :D

13. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

I just upgraded my rift to 2 sensors & it makes a lot of difference! Everything is much smoother and world scale seems more realistic - wish I'd bought the extra sensor ages ago.

I bought it to be nice to my kids so they could use Oculus touch, didn't expect such a gain for my rig. I can't quantify the improvements and some of it may be down to the better quality room setup that's possible with 2 sensors - would be interesting to hear some feedback but I had to pass this info on, cheers.

APC900 and Serge M like this.
  14. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

I recently got an extra sensor too with the purchase of touch controllers. Can't say I notice any difference at all in terms of smoothness.
    Good if it does improve things, ofcourse! :D
    (I had a smooth 90 FPS experience to begin with, so not easy to notice improvement)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    mms likes this.
  15. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Care to elaborate in what way its improved? I’ve no reference as I got it with 2 at the start already. How far apart, and how high do you have them set? Same thing here though, great for the kids to enjoy other games with the touch controllers.

16. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

I can't really offer much specific info, the sensors are just under 6ft apart + around 3'6" high and my rig is offset to one side. Everything just feels smoother like the head tracking is working better, also it feels more real; others have noted that world scale seemed out on the rift and I had the same feeling. I have no way of measuring this but 2400 hours in AC and it just feels better.

sherpa25 likes this.
  17. mms

mms Alien

Same as @bromstarzan, didn't notice any improvement when I got my second sensor/touch controllers. Maybe there was an issue with the original sensor?

@Phil64 could you unplug the original sensor and make a test to see if there's a difference?

18. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

Sure, I will try when I have time. My single sensor was on the rig itself - I found that anywhere I placed it further away cause tracking dropout so I think that it could be that my old setup was a bit flat or maybe there was some interference in the room.
    Now the sensors are approx 8 and 10 feet from the rig & the floor positioning feels right for the 1st time. Cheers for input guys.

19. Serge M

Serge M Alien

It’s possible the original sensor has an issue with the USB port it plugged in to and having intermittent issues

Phil64 and mms like this.
  20. Typer

Typer Simracer

A stab in the dark, but might the single rig-mounted sensor have wiggled about a bit when you moved in the rig, upsetting the tracking?