1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just tried AC in VR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chris, Feb 23, 2017.

1. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

I know. I was just asking @bromstarzan if he noticed the performance jump just by changing the CPU only (ie. using same RAM). Because there was someone who didn't upgrade CPU's but did upgrade only his RAM from DDR3 1600 to 2400, and said performance jumped significantly. I was considering something like bromstarzan (up my i5-4670k to a i7-4790k) but not sure if my DD3-1600 is good enough.

2. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Would be impossible to use same RAM going from 2500k to 7700K CPU
    2500 is only DDR3 and 7700K is only DDR4

I did read the same thing ages ago though and tried overclocking mine from 1600 quad channel kit to 2133, did see a fair performance increase in the benchmark but couldn't keep it stable so went back

3. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Oh ok, right, didn't check that they were from different chipsets. Thanks. So perhaps RAM speed increase contributed to performance as well.

4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z170-P-D3/
    :D

ooopss, Tarzan probably using z270 so nvm :D

5. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Seems to , I actually saw a pretty good increase from memory, about 10 FPS on the minimum FPS side or so. quad channel kits are expensive though so not worth changing to faster ones for me, would rather upgrade the graphics card

6. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

With your good CPU already, I'd agree.

7. I have the Oculus DK2,I dont understand how leaving the resolution at your native resolution ( mine is 4k) does not hurt the performance, surely it has to render this as well as in the HMD?

8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

It just mirror the picture afaik. If you look at a gameplay video on youtube in 4k that running max graphics, your gpu doesnt need to render the actual graphics on the video you watching. Im not sure if thats a bad comparision but thats how I have understood it at least.

9. Jaood

Jaood Racer

Oldergamergazza, you can deactivate that by going to /documents/AssettoCorsa/cfg/Oculus set
    [MIRROR_TEXTURE]
    ENABLED=0

10. K_Soze

K_Soze Racer

For those who are disappointed by there performance, also check that you are not using Windows 10 1703 aka creators update. This version is plagued with micro stutters problems. I spent two weeks trying to understand why my 1080Ti wasn't able to maintain 90fps with very low quality settings, reverting to windows 10 1607 aka anniversary update solved all my problems and now I run AC with almost everything maxed out and PPD at 1.5 using SteamVR always reprojection On.

paul_wev, sherpa25 and Cote Dazur like this.
  11. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Racer

I recently upgraded from 4790k @ 4.5 with ddr2400 to a 7700k @ 4.8 with ddr3200, both setups with the same 1080Ti GPU.

In a test race at Imola with 15 AI (starting at the back and staying there as it gives worst results) @ 16.30 for the mean shadows, with the 4790 I was getting 90% MAIN_T cpu use in render stats, and dropping to 45fps off the line and through the first chicane, with the 7700 MAIN_T its now 70% and I get a solid 90fps all the way. The same race setup but change the track to Nordschleife, cpu use similarly lower and instead of 45fps off the line and kicking on/off plus generally feeling unsmooth all the way to flugplatz, I know get a barely perceptable drop to 45fps for a moment in T1 and otherwise solid 90fps and nice smooth feeling all the way.

DaveS78, sherpa25 and Cote Dazur like this.
  12. DaveS78

DaveS78 Simracer

What are your in-game settings? I've got the same PC components but I've yet to race against the AI, just done hot laps so far in VR.

13. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Racer

16x AF
    2x AA
    world detail = max
    shadows = ultra
    smoke = low
    smoke in mirrors = on
    post processing = on (but using modded file to only really show taillights)
    post processing overall effect = ultra
    anything else in post processing = off
    mirror resolution = high
    high quality mirror reflections = on
    reflection quality = low
    reflection rendering = static

PPD @ 1.8

sherpa25, DaveS78 and WillyMcFlapper like this.
  14. I've got to reinstall anniversary edition of win10 . Stuttering is bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

WTF!?
    Won't there be a patch soon? Why should we have to reinstall old windows version??!

16. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

Are you absolutely sure that's what is causing it? I'm on Creators Update and I have no issues at all. Still running a fairly 'minimum-for-VR' spec PC, too.

St3fan and sherpa25 like this.
  17. K_Soze

K_Soze Racer

18. There's a massive thread on the Nvidia forums. No solution though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

As I sit here typing this, I have a queasy feeling after my first hour or so with AC in the Rift. I promised myself I would take it easy first time around, but the temptation was too great :)
    All I can say is WOW, what an experience. Did a few laps around Spa, and never realized how drastically the inclination changes around the track (esp. after turn one) - it looked practically flat on my monitor. Hitting apexs, and staying in the train without ramming seems natural and effortless (assuming you can stomach the sudden direction changes left me feeling dizzy). But the straights and gradual direction changes weren't too bad, despite being locked to horizon.

First time in, resolution is noticeably lower, but once on the track the 'lower resolution' was the last thing on my mind - basically a non issue for me.
    I wasn't sure how my PC would perform (i5-7600k, 16GB DDR4, GTX 1070 OC Armor all at stock clocks), but turned out just fine.
    Did a race with 23AI at Spa, and FPS only dropped from 90 to 45 at the very start of the race - thereafter was locked to 90.
    This is with 1.5PPD, 8x AF, 2xAA, max world detail, high shadows and all effects on high.

And the modelling in AC, both interior and exterior is exquisite - not sure if Kunos had VR in mind when they did this, but the effort is paying off now.

If anyone is one the fence about VR, the grass really is greener on the other side (not to mention also in 3D :).

Thank you Facebook for dropping the price of the VR - I'm hooked and won't go back.
    Love the Rift, and love AC in VR.

PS: FB/Oculus did a really good job with the Rift - well packaged, easy to setup, simple to use. Opening the box for the first time felt like an occasion :)

manc0ntr0, AC_RAF, CamsX and 9 others like this.
  20. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the tip. Still haven't received the Creators update. Nonetheless, how do you downgrade, or prevent it from updating to creators update? Also, thought we don't need SteamVR w/ AC?