1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just tried AC in VR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chris, Feb 23, 2017.

1. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

rift is probably best quality/£ headset for the time being. I don't like the tracking system (the webcams vs the vive lighthouse), but for simracing its a neat and ideal setup.
    I have a 970, settings in my sig, as long as you can handle using ASW (running game at 45fps instead of 90 and oculus software fills in the blanks, works v well imo) then the 970 is fine

garyjpaterson likes this.
  2. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Currently we have the first generation of consumer versions at the start. No doubt that if VR has come to stay - I am cautiously optimistic, but not fully convinced, first big heavyweights have already withdrawn from VR software development again - no doubt that technology will improve even further.

The argument for the Oculus currently is its price, and a slightly better image quality over the Vive. But then, read Boundless's report above about his new toy. Others are entering the starting blocks right now: Samsung, Microsoft...

Not everything is compatible with anything.

You need to decide whether you want VR that has you walking around the room (depends on your games), or expect to just sit at the table in a cockpit or move via keyboard/gamepad. For the first, the HTC maybe is the better alternative over the Rift. But that should others explain who know both.

---

And people from Germany, because this just has happened to me: when searching for the Rift and items for it, do not mistake Oculus maker of the Rift with another optics and lenses company here in Germany, that also is named Oculus. They are two very different companies! Thinking especially of Google searches. I just investigated several products and was scratching myy head due to the lacking match in design before realising it. LOL I remember that one or two years ago the German company even sued the American over brand and name licenses.

3. Serge M

Serge M Alien

The rift is very good and would work well on your system. The new Samsung Odyssey is worth considering for the step up in resolution but would need more power and still a bit of an unknown as not tested, it is a fair bit better on paper.

4. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

I guess the Pimax 4K forces (or at least hastens) the other manufacturers to play their hand (by releasing next generation soon) because income-wise 4K VR wouldn't sell to mainstream and that's the reason why they'd hold the release even if they had the tech. However now when there's high resolution competitor on the markets, who wants to buy a low-resolution last gen VR? Even if you couldn't push the framerate right now, there's always headroom in resolution for the future.

5. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

@garyjpaterson a CV1 on Black Friday sale is probably the best proven solution out there at the moment.

VinceSchulz likes this.
  6. I just bought a 1070 for a net 220€ (sold my 970). With the 1070 you should be fine using VR in AC and Pcars 2 without the need of ASW. I am in your situation as well, currently waiting when/if the Samsung Odyssey comes to Germany. If there is no good, legal solution i will probably go for the Oculus, since the experience seems to be quite good with supersampling. I wouldn't worry about higher specs for the Samsung Odyssey. Yes, it has more pixels. But not more pixels are rendered then with the Rift in high supersampling. The difference is that you actually see them with the Odyssey ;)

7. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Yep, 1070 here and it's doing pretty good. In PCars2 I seem to trigger ASW easier than in other sims but honestly I don't even really notice it. In AC I can crank things pretty dang high and use SS 1.5 and still rock a solid 90 fps (hot lapping and online at least, haven't tried with AI).

8. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I am using this adapter. No issues. I have a friend who printed the frames for me for free. A tricky thing is that if you have astigmatism, you need to figure out the orientation of the lens by yourself - the lens is close to spherical.
    Template can be found here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1644318
    Just use the recommended resolution and infill % and it would work - depending on how well your printer is calibrated.

The problem with this frame is that it is a bit tricky to push the face interface back in, and due to the shape of the adapter it constantly blocks the optic sensor so the screen inside the rift stays on. You can manually turn off the screen by close the Oculus App on your PC.

I am really happy with my GTX970 till this day, and I would call the gameplay "decent looking". Only when I run unoptimized mod tracks or run against 20+ AIs do I see frame drops. The biggest issue for me personally is to read every text clearly.

Yesterday when I gave one of my friends a try on my rig, I realized that I have been tying up the Rift the wrong way. Now I make the top strap a bit longer, so the Rift is more "over my head" rather than "into my face", and it becomes more comfortable, and easier get it on/off my head.

9. Has any american folk got hold of the samsung odyssey yet and tried it on ac , and your thoughts?

10. Would be very interested as well

11. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

me too.:D

12. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Why do you need to set pixel density? I thought the sense of a Pimax headset is, that it has already a much higher resolution and therefore a much clearer picture than Rift/Vive? Is that so? Do you set pixel density to get an even higher resolution?

13. Tberg

Tberg Alien

The VRcover interface+cover I bought is much more comfortable than the standard, the cover never blocks the optic sensor simply because there´s a cutout by design right there.
    I bought 2 basic sets for me and a pal, we're much more comfortable with them and it's really nice to not have a red mark in your face afterwards :p

14. Skybird

Skybird Alien

As I said, I was not happy with the fit. Today, my replacement foam+frame arrived. I ordered it with heavy heart, it is very expensive (30 Euros), but I have already spend so much money on system and headset that I decided to got all in. Considering that price, the delivered material quantity and quality is again not up to that price index.

But:

it does the job. And is better than the default set.

I fitted the replacement. It fits much better, the air stream from the nose is no problem anymore, the sides of the rim cover the face nicely, and both the artificial leather or the cloth cover for it work nicely and are much more comfortable on the face, the plastic frame itself seems to be of a little bit different form, and it suits my face better, especially at the nose.

Its not as good in quality as one must demand at this price, but not as bad as some customer feedbacks imply.

Problem solved! :) And best of today: the rest of my new system arrived today, too. Weekend is saved, everything else will be in the other thread later on.

IMG_20171117_145944.jpg

IMG_20171117_145905.jpg

Tberg and paul_wev like this.
  15. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

You think a vr headset in the shape of a racing helmet might come? Would be the wet dream of a simracer imo

paul_wev likes this.
  16. guys, sad but true:
    the samsung resolution is best on paper but not in reality.
    The sweet spot is very small and the image is not clear at all and the frame rate is poor (I7 4500 mhz and 1080 ti here).
    The rift is more clear , has best frame rate and is more light and confortable.
    I had got pimax 4k too (i am early adopter maniac) and it as a evident best resolution compared to rift , i prefer rift to it only why the pimax has poor color and dark image and 60 fps with occasional stutter. But the step forward in resolution is evident , not evident at all in samsung odyssey.
    I hope in a future headset whit pimax 4k resolution and rift performace and quality of color and image.
    Sorry for my poor english.

17. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Exactly the set I've got too, works like a charm and no more scaring off the wife with a stupid facemark

18. Thanks for your insights. This mirrors the feeling i had with the HP and Lenovo headsets. I had hoped the Samsung one will be better due to adjustable lenses and OLED display, but apparently for nothing. This always-on Microsoft house surely doesn't help the framerate as well. Ordering a Rift now

19. Good choice my friend:)

20. TunaWiz

TunaWiz Gamer

Is there any way to get "Glance Back" to work in VR?