1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Kunos bought and sold??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Shaun Clarke, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

I think for all the paying people of the PC world, an explanation would be nice?

Is that the end of PC development?

What happens next?

Or are you going to jump on your Ship and sail away?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Kunos being bought by Digital Bros Jan 20, 2017
    ACC General Discussions Aristotelis Vasilakos moves on to new adventures from Kunos Simulazioni Jan 12, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer The New Standard - Kunos Lobby down (every weekend) Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Physics Kunos, what are you doing to the BOP? Jul 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos servers down every day now Jul 18, 2023
    ACC User Interface Kunos please implement Curved Monitors in "View Settings" Apr 27, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Kunos Server (ERROR - RESTART YOUR SERVER TO REGISTER WITH THE LOBBY) Dec 16, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Untold Games Kunos ,You can't play online, what happens? Aug 27, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos Competition Servers@ACC: Incident Report missing Jun 23, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Kunos Servers Down Jun 13, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room ACFL F1 and Kunos GT3 Championships Apr 4, 2022
    Console Lounge Kunos what's happening with servers ?! Feb 17, 2022
    Screens & Videos Evolution of Assetto Corsa and Kunos Simulazioni (2003-2022) Jan 8, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Kunos - Still no console server news? Dec 29, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Cobra Kunos car - loses inputs when in the game Dec 21, 2021

3. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Hardcore Simmer

yeah that's it, its the race sim rapture. you better go get prepared... <chuckle chuckle>

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

5. konnos

konnos Simracer

I am sure an explanation will be given shortly, please stop freaking out everyone...

6. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

edit

Seriously wth. I'm right now editing my posts from one thread and end up editing my previous post in another thread. Forget about this comment here, sorry.

Edit 3 Was this thread merged at the same time as I posted in one of the threads and edited my post in another? lol

I think what my previous comment here said was along the lines of "I hope you realise that you bought a product with limited support, not a lifetime subscription for new features and content." Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    Strummer and Seria17hri11er like this.
  8. Turk

Turk Alien

Yes, I believe digital bros bought Kunos just to know what spending millions of Euros feels like and plan on discontinuing the game now. They obviously think AC is worth investing a lot of money in.

Hopefully they plan to keep the spirit of AC going, simulation, and don't go down the flashy Forza route.

From the company's point of view this is just a cash injection, it doesn't care who owns it.

9. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

Well not sure what to feel about this. I hope they still have all the decision rights. It's never good when some higher up suit people call the shots. I hope we will see AC2 someday primarily on PC with proper sim like now.

10. baloche

baloche sorry for my english

posted by marco

Marco's Facebook

Ok, let's clarify this before it becomes the bigger flame of the year.

By today, Kunos Simulazioni is part of Digital Bros Family, and me and Stefano by today are shareholders of Digital Bros. That's it. We are still the founders of Kunos, we are still IN, also keeping our respective positions and responsabilities, with just few exceptions: the budget we'll manage by now doesn't come anymore from our personal profits, but from Digital Bros, our bigger AC fan. Keeping the same policy, strategies, DNA, development team, goals. So, if this news would not been made public, you couldn't realize that something is changed, because - by a gamer/simracer point of view - nothing is going to change.

The reason why this news comes like a bombshell is because Digital Bros is a listed company, therefore this kind of operation must a) kept confidential until the negotiation is over, b) go public when is done. That's it.

For whom are afraid that today a piece of their simracing world has gone, let me remind them that Digital Bros has published - under its label 505Games - the console version of Assetto Corsa, and it doesn't seem to me that AC on PS4/XB1 is an arcade game: definetely it isn't. Therefore, before to scream in any direction that "Kunos has been bought, The World is Over", please sit down, breath and think. Because the only news you should be interested is that by today, we have more resources, time and power to do our job, even better than before.

So: think easier, live better, stay strong. The Future is Bright.

Have a nice weekend

nivadepi, Alexandr66, Pulley and 19 others like this.
  11. Walking Tall

Walking Tall Gamer

12. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

As an answer to everyones question about this matter.

Read below,
    Have a good weekend.

xedrox, Solmyr, vegaguy 5555 and 11 others like this.
  13. Mr Latte

Mr Latte Racer

"TIME EXTENSION"

Upwards & Onwards

richard thompson likes this.
  14. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Good luck and high five?!
    :oops::confused::oops:

16. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Thank you for the explanation. Just remember that people are only panicking because they love your product SO much.

And now that they day is winding down, I'm going to go take the car of my choice around Silverstone. Ta.

17. Stepy

Stepy Racer

Hope it doesn`t morph into Assetto Forza :p

18. Panic over. You can put the pitchfork back in the garden shed. The world has not ended ;)

Pixelchaser likes this.
  19. pavano

pavano Simracer

U r forgetting about the orange guy...

Strummer likes this.