1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Kunos level of customer support

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Larryf1951, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

So, I posted a thread this morning asking Kunos for info on the next update.
    I was respectful in my request and detailed the questions that I had.
    The response? Terrible.
    Initially, it was the fanboys piling up, trying to be the first to be Kunos champion. Epic fail.
    But then, @Lord Kunos himself chose the berate me.
    I can handle fanboys, but to be chastised by the developer for being eager for the next update? Absolutely intolerable.
    I thought that the purpose of this forum was to communicate, congratulate and criticize.
    Dissention is, apparently verboten.
    Unfortunate.
    Well played Kunos.

Matt White and Donald_Trump2016 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Aristotelis Vasilakos moves on to new adventures from Kunos Simulazioni Jan 12, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer The New Standard - Kunos Lobby down (every weekend) Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Physics Kunos, what are you doing to the BOP? Jul 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos servers down every day now Jul 18, 2023
    ACC User Interface Kunos please implement Curved Monitors in "View Settings" Apr 27, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Kunos Server (ERROR - RESTART YOUR SERVER TO REGISTER WITH THE LOBBY) Dec 16, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Untold Games Kunos ,You can't play online, what happens? Aug 27, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos Competition Servers@ACC: Incident Report missing Jun 23, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Kunos Servers Down Jun 13, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room ACFL F1 and Kunos GT3 Championships Apr 4, 2022
    Console Lounge Kunos what's happening with servers ?! Feb 17, 2022
    Screens & Videos Evolution of Assetto Corsa and Kunos Simulazioni (2003-2022) Jan 8, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Kunos - Still no console server news? Dec 29, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Cobra Kunos car - loses inputs when in the game Dec 21, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos need a way to report players during a race Nov 28, 2021

3. Jon Legg

Jon Legg Racer

If you've been following the forum, you'll have noticed that it's a common theme for a thread, that leads to a total clusterF**k of a slagging match. The information you want isn't available. Cluttering up the forum with repeated negative content isn't useful.
    I've read the thread and you personally were not berated by Lord kunos. If you're feeling upset maybe you should have a reality check and realise that this Isn't really that important.

AmorFati, Eero, bradleyland and 4 others like this.
  4. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

It is a no win situation for them. If they come back and tell you it will be ready soon everyone will want to know exactly when soon is. If they give you a specific date and miss the date everyone will freak out.

5. hoss2852

hoss2852 Gamer

What a load of rubbish. The information about what is in the update could easily be posted. Granted that the time frame is flexible but they know what is and isn't in it. It is apparently in the process of being cleared by sony/microsoft according to information put on this forum. I cannot see a problem with keeping your customers in the loop about exactly what badly needed basic improvements we will finally get. I know it has been posted before about what they intend to put in it but now it has been submitted just come clean on what actually IS in it

6. Jason Duchac

Jason Duchac Gamer

I think part of the problem is that there's just no info. I don't think people would be as upset if they simply updated us more. I would be legitimately happy if they said "we're not going to make out initial time frame because of x. y, and z". The constant refrain of "soon" is annoying and it feels a bit insulting. The threads then turn into baseless speculation and people start arguing simply because there's *no* information. Simply being honest and sharing more information would would probably squash the problem.

7. @P73

@P73 Simracer

If it's known for a fact that the update will be around in 1 or 2 weeks from now, what difference does it make knowing what's in it? Shouldn't reason tell us we'll know all about it regardless of them disclosing its content now? It's really strange seeing people getting roused about such small stuff.

Gulf917K likes this.
  8. Quffy

Quffy Alien

kunos was straight forward with you in saying they will update you more when they have any dates to announce. So is as much a waiting time for you as is for them before they can announce to the community more clearly.
    If they don't have any news or dates to share right now, then you need to be patient.

"But then, Lord Kunos himself chose the berate me."
    What part of this was berating?

Please stop creating drama out of every little thing only because you feel uncomfortable when you can't control every situation.

9. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Said it before, and I'll say it again. The real problem that needs addressing here is how many grown-a$$ men there are in the world these days that need constant mollycoddling and reassurance over something as immaterial as an update about an update for a racing sim, and then whine like heartbroken girls when the mean devs hurt their feelings. Maybe we should man the f*ck up and spend our energy voicing our displeasure over actual important things in life? Just a thought.

10. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

Let me address the fanboys and keyboard cowboys:
    I asked a question. I did not sling barbs. I did not challenge the developers.
    I. Made. An. Inquiry.
    I asked the people that accepted my money.
    And, I have enjoyed the game thus far.
    I merely asked for a followup to previous statements.
    If you want to get into a pissing match, you're just gonna get your own shoes wet.

Donald_Trump2016 likes this.
  11. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Why are you taking this personally. You're no more special than any other member in this forum, so if the devs don't have any new info for you they don't have any new info for anyone.

12. You guys realize this is a PRC bait thread, right?

13. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Yes pretty much, along with that thread that got closed earlier in the physics sub. They will spin it to always blame the developers.

14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Sure, fine. But you gotta see that it's been asked a trillion times by now and for some reason Kunos can't give more specifics than they already have. Stefano himself posted a list of features in some thread a while back.
    So an honest suggestion: collect the snippets and make a civilized thread (good luck with that) that lists them all.
    Even though you speak of "followup" questions it's basically the same, all the time - when is it gonna come and what is gonna come?!?
    I'd like it better if Kunos published all the information on the update, too. But they won't just yet. I'm wondering why you fail to accept that.

Straight6lover, pippo10 and paul_wev like this.
  15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yes, I thought so, too. But honestly, ever since a certain 2 people in here stopped to have an insta-go at everyone coming forwards with criticism, there is no real fanboyism going on in here. Sure, people are kind-of pro AC in here but there's not many extreme cases.

So the level of drama we have in here is sufficient for PRC, no doubt but not enough for RD, anymore I'd say ;-)

Straight6lover likes this.
  16. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

Larry, the best bet is to just stop playing AC and check back every week to see if they have released something that goes someway to patching some of the gaping functionality holes.

That's what I'm doing anyway, its much less stressful than hope.

17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I dont get it. You asked a question and got a answer. How was he supposed to write it for you to be happy? Stefano have showed many times that he havent taken special courses on how to interact with customers but this time wasnt one of them. You are just being overly sensitive. How do you get trough life if you are so easily offended?

Heres what he wrote for people that havent seen it:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    vlado Cro likes this.
  18. Tberg

Tberg Alien

@Larryf1951, look, it really isn´t that much different, to be honest, with us fanboys and pc users. When the sim/game first came out as early access, we were freaking out when multiplayer at all would come. After that, we freaked about missing sp/mp features, which in many cases we eventually got (while mods helped along the process). Here we are almost more than 4 years later (and with a really awesome product), and it is happening all over again with consoles, albeit a little more intense, because people expect the basics to be ironed out already.

Really, as a pc user myself (yes, I have a ps4 too though), even I know what's going on with the console stuff. Lord Kunos is actually straight forward, in anything he comments on, it´s never clouded. Once you start reading with an objective mind, or just read/search for what is going on before posting, it´s really just up to you: you wanna chill and just wait for what you should know will happen, or you gonna let it get to you and let frustration take over?

Best,
    T

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    paulieGTR, pippo10, paul_wev and 2 others like this.
  19. Gulf917K

Gulf917K Racer

IMG_2515.PNG

paul_wev likes this.
  20. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Oi, oi, oi, oi, guuuuuuys .
    Chiiiiilll, and drive some more .
    Driving gets the head free ´n all dat jazz .

paul_wev likes this.
  21. Going to report again. Keep calm.
    [​IMG]

paul_wev likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.