1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Kunos spend your money, this guy needs working with you

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Omelete, Aug 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omelete

Omelete Racer

imagine this in AC

LChaves and Deleted member 18758 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Is kunos spending money on fixes? cuz it's been the same for 3 years Mar 20, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Aristotelis Vasilakos moves on to new adventures from Kunos Simulazioni Jan 12, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer The New Standard - Kunos Lobby down (every weekend) Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Physics Kunos, what are you doing to the BOP? Jul 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos servers down every day now Jul 18, 2023
    ACC User Interface Kunos please implement Curved Monitors in "View Settings" Apr 27, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Kunos Server (ERROR - RESTART YOUR SERVER TO REGISTER WITH THE LOBBY) Dec 16, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Untold Games Kunos ,You can't play online, what happens? Aug 27, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos Competition Servers@ACC: Incident Report missing Jun 23, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Kunos Servers Down Jun 13, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room ACFL F1 and Kunos GT3 Championships Apr 4, 2022
    Console Lounge Kunos what's happening with servers ?! Feb 17, 2022
    Screens & Videos Evolution of Assetto Corsa and Kunos Simulazioni (2003-2022) Jan 8, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Kunos - Still no console server news? Dec 29, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Cobra Kunos car - loses inputs when in the game Dec 21, 2021

3. magzire

magzire Alien

AC isn't Destruction Derby. You're not meant to crash if you didn't know.

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Oh beam ng the worst driving simulator but a darn fun crash simulator. Having that damage model in a proper sim with mutiple cars racing with good physics in framerate. We will need a 2080 titan xxxx and 32 core 6ghz i7 processor.

Have you ever driven the game? Ive had it for ages and only recently bothered to use the wheel as it was so bad with it. All I used it for was setting up crashes and so keyboard control to throw a car into another or off a cliff and into a tree was all thats needed.

Its clearly a tech demo for the damage nobody would honestly ever do laps in it or have a large grid of cars on a proper track. This is simply not possible to combine with a proper driving sim for quite a few years to come.

5. Ischemica

Ischemica Hardcore Simmer

6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The one thing that would be great once possible to get this sort of damage even a more basic form in a proper sim. Its not so much the race ending crashes you get but the minor bumps and rubs, clip a tyre bundle for example and bend in the rim maybe causing a tyre rub and puncture.

Go off track and damage the front aero a little. Get hit in a part of the rear and only get damage to that section not the rear wing that didnt touch anything and is 1m above the contact point.

Physical damage modeling is rather crude in AC and can alway be improved. I dont think its even a consideration but maybe for an AC2 this may get a significant overhaul. I dont expect beam ng stuff but at least have more contact points relevant to the actual parts being damaged. Bending suspension and lose bits from carbon wings rather then bending them.

Current damage model is a bit like a lucky spin wheel. Get hit then spin it up and see which part of the car has damage. :D

[​IMG]

JusTiCe8 and bzucobzuco like this.
  7. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

"Wreckfest" has pretty good soft body physics. But the game itself is not a sim (duh). I believe combining AC level physics and that damage model would need computers way ahead of our time. Also it would go a bit to waste, since you're not supposed to hit. If there ever will be AC2 a bit more detailed damage would be cool, but that kind of destruction derby style damage would go to waste

Vel, Ace Pumpkin and alex72 like this.
  8. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Yeah, don't need a massive damage system in AC. I'd just love damage to be a bit more area specific (and in the correct area would be a good start...). Like a 3 sections-per-side type thing (corners/fenders, door panels, front, back) instead of an ENTIRE side of the car being dented up when someone hits your rear quarter panel...

Tim Meuris, Ace Pumpkin and martcerv like this.
  9. alex72

alex72 Alien

CPU already works pretty darn hard with a bunch of cars on track thanks to calculations. With that hulk smash physics the forum would be full with performance complaint threads me thinks. :D Sure would be cool, but maybe sometime in the future.

If i could dream right now i would have loved to have night/rain/driver swaps in AC. With the physics and FFB of AC and drive a 24H race seeing the weather dynamically move from sun to drizzle to sun to rain and back again, and at the same time the sun is setting into a beautiful red/orange sunset where the car headlights come on shinging, flickering over the road and trees...

Im really happy with where AC is and where its going (who isnt with all the stuff we have gotten, are getting and will get in the near future?!), but if i could dream... :) Forza and the likes aint cutting it darn it! I would love to see that with AC's driving pleasure. :cool: With the improvements constantly coming our way i think we will see it soon enough. I envy the young ones just discovering sim racing, damn kids! *shakes fist* :D Imagine what they will get in 10-20 years time, while we old farts will have too shaky hands to keep up by then. :D

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I dont think wreckfest does soft body damage, I think its all pre rendered in the same way as AC but taken to another level. Thats the more likely way most sims will go towards graphical damage but I think physical damage is still more important then how it looks. The current visual model on non carbon fibre cars is already not too bad but more area specific physical and visual representation would be a big improvement in this.

Ace Pumpkin and Koen like this.
  11. liakjim

liakjim Alien

In AC 3.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

when it decides to work i think this an area pCars does better. Dont get me wrong AC smashes pCars however I think AC could do with a little love in this area to add to the realism.

13. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

In racing sims that usually isn´t a technical issue, it´s a licensing thing. Manufacturers don´t want their cars to be destroyed too much. That´s why you won´t find any licenced cars in "car destruction"-games :D

14. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

That's more legend rather than thruth. :) Soft body is more a technical issue nowadays (if you want to keep top notch physics).

Tomcul, Vel, JusTiCe8 and 9 others like this.
  15. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

Really? That´s what i read in media for years, since nfs 2, i think :D
    Good to know...

16. How recently have you tried it? Its getting better by the day, and progress has been massive the past few months.

Its not perfect, but you might be surprised. Their tire model used to be utter rubbish, not so anymore. FFB is a lot better, though still not as clean or readable as AC, because of all the forces going through the wheel. Driving in BeamNG now is much closer to any other sim, the biggest problem they still have (and they know it) is input lag. Compared to AC is not nearly as responsive.

They have some really cool engine thermal stuff, very complex and detailed, and they are planning the same for tyres/brakes.

It will never replace the traditional sim though; it works best with fictional cars. Getting the data needed to accurately model the physics on a car in BeamNG would be far far harder than for a rigid body game.

Both have pro's cons, both are lots of fun.

Dessu likes this.
  17. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I think Stefano said in one of his old(er) streams that it's not true and manufacturers don't tell them anything like that.

It'll be a long long wait until our PC's will be able to handle such damage/crash physics + proper handling physics + full grid of cars.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  18. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

Hit something in GPL and it spits out a little pile of polygons with the car texture on them, it's a bit crude but it looks better than the dented carbon fibre effect on most modern sims ;)

But for me, better visual damage in AC is a very low priority. :)

19. I am not really all that bothered about crash damage in race simulations (either visual or mechanical). Let's face it, there is nothing worse than being rammed at the start of a race, and instantly losing at least two seconds a lap in performance. We can't even teleport back to the pits now for a brand new car, so we are stuck with it!

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  20. Koen

Koen Racer

GRID 1 is my favourite example of damage model that is not super complicated like beamNG, but still looks very believable. It was so satisfying to watch cars fall apart in this game, and that was 8 years ago. I've just watched few clips on youtube and it still looks great, I would even dare to say that it looks better than Wreckfest, where cars feel like brittle blocks of stone.

John514 likes this.
  21. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I tried it last week which was the first time in ages, before that I tried it before there was any FFB. I see there is another update for it so I will give it another run soon but last time trying a few cars on their race tracks just felt very awkward and bouncy. Could be a lot down to the track mesh but one of the open world locations was even worse with the car all over the place at fairly low speed even. In the end after I didnt gel with the driving physics again I just threw a few more cars off the cliff, thats amazingly entertaining for a few attempts at least and more fun for me then actually driving a car there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.