1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Kunos, What is going on?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by SlimCharles, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

lol guys, really great work reporting all these issues.. You should be "rewarded" by Kunos somehow as you are working as beta-testers... :D

2. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

I come here to share in my love for Assetto Corsa and if I can help people along the way then that's good. I cannot help but feel disappointed anymore. Perhaps what is more telling however is that I am no longer surprised when I see there are new issues. It's just the same monotonous cycle of awaiting the inevitable problems and being told to hang in there.

I love Kunos and what they have in Assetto Corsa. I am a console only user and for driving enjoyment, and sound quality, it is still the leader. The in-house QA is all but non-existent and the update should not get out the door in such a condition. In this case I also blame Sony for allowing a broken update onto it's platform. They have to take some of the wrap too.

505 Games need to nail this culture of subpar updates and insultingly long waits for fixes. If Assetto Corsa is to become a larger franchise going forward then they must ensure that it's reputation is not tarnished by this carry-on.

Once again I am crossing my fingers in hope that we get the experience we were promised. It's not far away.

Traks1, @P73, Straight6lover and 13 others like this.
  3. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

HI there, first at all thanks for laguna seca, the new cars and the new setup screen "electronics"

There is still the logitech dor bug....

Simple to recrate =

G29 with custom button mapping = dor bug
    G29 with Logitech preset buttons = no dor bug.

About car-track crashes ....

Seems random or dependind of what dlc packs are buyed /installed..

Because I've got all dlc launched purchased and crashes said in this thread like the audi R8 lms, Porsche 911 R Gt3 2016, bmB z4 Gt3, bmw 235i racing on laguna seca don't cause me any game crashes ..

But the corvette C7R cause game crash on any track of the game .. I i find more cars-tracks combinations that causes game crashes i will list them here in this thread.

Hopefully we see an hotfix soon

4. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Any updates to multiplayer? Vote. Laps, quali into once in the lobby?

5. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Don't forget to tag @ pankykapus just to be safe.

Beautiful post, Paul.

I truly hope that Kunos will have a different approach when their next game is released. Console developers need to check these forums at least weekly, to be aware of bugs (plenty are still not fixed) and updates need to be properly tested, because they certainly don't do justice to best simulator available. They need to bring excitement, not issues and frustration.

GhostMan, pippo10, joaocb40 and 2 others like this.
  6. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Didn't try out the online yet, will be for tomorrow

Edit

BTW,... Didn't see any new special event with the new cars and track... once again :(
    Or didn't they put events in pc version either this time..

Charging screens with the new cars don't show pictures off them either.. But that's a minor thing

pippo10 likes this.
  7. MarcoM

MarcoM Gamer

Traks1 and olevet like this.
  8. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

No special events for the new DLC either. :rolleyes:

But believe it or not, everything is not bad. According to @Donnced2 they have introduced the "Electronics" window on the set up screen. Really helpful (especially for hybrid cars, as you cant change those things on track because the button mapping doesnt work), as it allows to set TC, ABS, Hybrid modes...

Excellent progress for 5 months. Yay?

pippo10 and Donnced2 like this.
  9. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

what is this electronics section for ?
    Is it simply the predefined settings for TC, ABS , turbo and so on?

10. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Not sure what you mean.

In that section you can change the ABS, TC, hybrid modes (not sure if turbo %) like you do with the button you have assigned for. It's very useful because in hybrid cars you can't change some of those values because there isn't buttons asigned for in the predefined settings of the controllers (and the button mapping didn't solve that, as for example if you set TC for one button, it would not work).

olevet likes this.
  11. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

... I always thought that LMP1 cars did not have TC and ABS.... I see it makes sense that section but only for cars managed by power unit I guess.

12. Sigurd615

Sigurd615 Racer

So it seems the loading pictures when waiting to get into the track can show random cars not the car you selected.

I’m no programmer but is possible that even though you select a car the game is trying to load whatever car the loading pictures are for and it crashes because the car selected and the car loading don’t match?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Imagine the anger bag most of us are carrying around, having been members since 2013? :D :D :D :D Naturally, we haven't been able to cope with the frustration...that's why we're still here.

14. peppetod

peppetod Gamer

I think that some cars make the game crash. I was about to try the chevy cr7 gt2 on nordschleife and the game crashed.
    I think laguna seca is fine, but some cars have a bug.

15. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hi everyone! Thanks for bringing these issues to our attention and a huge apology for causing you guys so much frustration. Honestly, we're just as frustrated as you guys are! :( Kunos are working on a patch as we speak! We'll keep you up to date with the latest as and when we have it!

16. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Ciao Beppe, I tried Laguna Seca with 911 R , Corvette cr7 , Ferrari 488 GT3 ,McLaren 650 GT3 and crashed all the times.

Donnced2 and Kriig like this.
  17. djm99

djm99 Gamer

How did this pass Sony's certification process? . Is this why it's late on XBox as Microsoft found these issues or is it due to an upcoming Xbox update. Anyway, glad to hear Kunos are working on it :)

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  18. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

They have. There are other Hybrid cars with TC like P1, 918, FXXK, P1 GTR...

There are substantial differences... Assetto on 2013 was an Early access game, on consoles never was (and that practically rebut that argument). I hope you are not defending that a game at release is able to be like this.

Second, the game was promissed to be just like the PC one. Never was but know it's even more far away than what the PC version is now (having in mind the consoles have an unique online system) as per every feature added to PC, many of them hasn't been added (BOP) or added in a different and worse way (AI variation).

To finish, being this a final product, it's completely unnaceptable the amount of issues we are suffering. Im pretty confident PC guys has not suffered such level of issues on EA even when I dont know anything of the development of AC on PC. Because we have encounter the worst stuff possible: updates that wipe out all your progress, updates that make it unable to play with some cars in certain tracks, updates that create a bug consisting on that the qualifying on online lobbies never ends, updates that makes that the AI doesnt moove...

Traks1 and pippo10 like this.
  19. peppetod

peppetod Gamer

I tried Laguna Seca with all the new cars and it was all ok. Then tried with the Chevy cr7 gt2 and crashed. Same thing with the chevy on nordshleife.

olevet likes this.
  20. Xherdani

Xherdani Racer

Found another bug! ---> Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio - (i think it´s the again the "Rossa Alfa" livery) when you are far away the livery switches from red to black - i think this bug was already on another car i think

olevet likes this.