1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Kunos, What is going on?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by SlimCharles, Feb 12, 2018.

1. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

What? The consoles can't handle qualy, laps info or proper kick control?

nate likes this.
  2. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

What’s going on?! Simple
    Answer:
    - we got Screwed big time!

“Buy the game, and f$@k u!! You’ll get few patches, one fantasy track and Laguna Seca, Deal with it! Al the money
    Goes in the new series, therefore don’t
    Complain humans!! Thnx for the money though”

Kunos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Jay B

Jay B Rookie

I don’t understand your complaint about money spent with the game. For one evening of entertainment you spent as much or more on dinner and a movie which lasted just the one evening. You have been entertained playing Assetto Corsa since the day you bought it; you can play it today, tomorrow and every day for the rest of your life. That is a great deal. I am so sorry to read of your displeasure.

Kembro, the_stig90, @P73 and 5 others like this.
  4. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I have been playing AC since August 2016 and loved every minute of it, i paid £37. I certainly didn't get screwed.

Kembro, nate, @P73 and 2 others like this.
  5. Mad Dog Pagan

Mad Dog Pagan Rookie

Of course not pippo10......You play it on PC where all of the fixes went and you have mods fixing what Kunos didn't. Console players got nothing except an incomplete game that got worse with every update! So pippo, why do you hang out in the console lounge?????? Just to remind consolers just how our version will NEVER EVER equal the PC version? Kunos said console and PC version would be the same. That's a breach of contract and user license agreement at the very least.......

6. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Fake news. I only have it on PS4 so no idea why or how you pulled that out of your ***. I don't have access to the PC forum. Oh I should add, I actually bought it again last month digitally when it was in the sale.

Kembro, nate, Traks1 and 1 other person like this.
  7. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

You don’t getting it obviously. I’m not sorry for the money I gave them I’m sorry that they took it so easily from me!!

If you’re not bored so far with the game-ok good for you though but game is dead. I can’t imagine that you’ve on your console only Assetto Corsa installed therefore sind be a hypocrite be reasonable and real here.

8. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Great for you man, have fun.

pippo10 likes this.
  9. Jonnino90

Jonnino90 Rookie

I think Kunos is not interested to console versione and maybe neither to the actual AC for PS4.
    Assetto corsa is died, a lot of server issues, a lot of bug, no maintenances, no fixes, no usefull lobby.
    This game was a big news and maybe the best eracing game for PS4, but today, I think I will never buy another KUNOS's game.

They were only interested to our money for ACC, they are never been interested to give us a complete game for console. And it is UNACCEPTABLE

10. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

I moved to PC from Console and I have to say that even with the extra functionality added on console version you would not be happy .. trust me.

The real adding value is using mods and apps something that in Console has not happened and I think it will never will.

11. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Absolutely not agree.

On my personal experience, Im doing a custom championship of the WEC. If it wasnt for BOP tool, I would not be able to make a close competition between the TS040, the R18 and the 919. With a fairly realistic 2016 grid (because 919 is from 2016 and R18 and TS040 from 2014 and I can only put 24 cars on track), playing with one of the LMP1H cars, I would be competing against 3 (or even one if I choose the 919) instead of 5.

The compilation of missing features (not to mention the existence of so much severe bugs) is so big that saying "you would not be happy [if you had what PC has]" is a extremely risky assumtion, IMO.

12. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

... and I don't agree with you.

the majority of features you listed are used barely once or don't really add any value to game experience.

Video options ( you can live without)
    -Motion Blur option
    -Glancing speed
    -Gforce effects
    -Camera shake at high speed
    -Downshift protection
    -Lock onboard camera to horizon
    -In game app overlapping
    -Hide driver arms
    -Hide virtual stearing wheel

Sound options ( i agree with you)
    -Tyre skid volume onset
    -Surfaces

-UDP ( must have)

-Button mapping that does allow you to set hybrid stuff and so on ( i agree)
    -Keyboard compatibility ( buy a PC if you want to use keyboard)

Controller options ( FFB feedback settings are simplified on console and thanks god they are. I spent a week to get the same feel as I had on my PS4 PRO)
    -FFB options (minimum force, ABS effect, filter)
    -Configuration presets
    -Pedal Settings
    -Steering settings (gamma, filter, speed sensivity)
    -Gear shift debouncing

-Best lap times ( must have, I agree with you)
    -Showroom ( honestly? how cool is that car .. yeah.. and after 2 minutes you close showroom)

-Career intros ( not really any adding value)

-Wind direction setting and wind info ( you use this 1 time and then you forget about it)
    -Slip stream effect multiplier ( you use this to 1x and then you forget about it)

-Ability to set custom grids on Quick race/Race weekend mode ( it is cool to have but you can live without that)

-AI strength slider (must have)
    -AI variation slider (must have)

-BOP on championship mode ( not sure what you are referring to here)
    -Open point system on championship mode

-Jump start penalty (you can live without it)

-Apps and ability to personalize HUD ( this is what I mentioned as you need apps )
    -Pit strategy
    -Telemetry

-Notifications when some driver retires
    -Longer replays ( i agree with you)
    -Notification when racing that you can not leave pits in several seconds if you go to pits just after the lights go green

Trento Bondone ( you can live without)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    nate likes this.
  13. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

You are judging with your own preferences. Showroom doesn't mean anything to us, but I've seen many people asking for it. The same as photo mode (another feature I forgot to post): I dont care much about it, but it indeed means a lot to many people.

Some features that are missing are crucial to me. And no matter which person you ask, it's very likely he will be pissed off by the absence of any of the features missing; because there are a bunch of them.

Donnced2 likes this.
  14. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Slim that was my opinion based on my own experience with this game and both platforms.

I say what I say as I spent a lot of money converting to PC from console and honestly after all these extra features I kinda thought.. well is that it?
    Then when I added mods and SRS ( thanks god they did that) I really enjoyed the game although I think that after having played AC on console for more than 600 hours I am kinda getting bored..

the multiplayer online ( open lobbies) is not that great.. although servers have all these extra options, the lobbies are all the same ( same tracks and same cars) and you will find idiots kicking you off track like in console.

The AI offline is not good on endurance races same as on Console plus there is this annoying bug where AI does not always overtake you if you slowdown..

Do I regret having moved to PC for racing simulation?
    No, but don't think that moving to PC will satisfy all your needs.

Last but not least.. I tried R factor2... honestly.. a complete mess.. issues with PC performance..issues with wheel rotation ..issues with mods naming convention.. no lobby onlines...
    you cannot run apps
    Assetto Corsa issues on console compared to R Factor 2 mess are a joke.

I think ACC is going to be really risky.. we have all spent hours and hours playing GT3 cars.. is night/rain really going to make the difference?? We will see.

SlimCharles likes this.
  15. sirio994

sirio994 Gamer

I would play only with AC if it had those 2-3 features. AI difficulty sliders and variance and the pit strategy are taking away modes for me. What's the point of racing against the AI if you are between two levels or have to live with one for every track and car combination (plus you lose time setting your pit stop)

AI Sliders, wind, pit strategy (at least stop the race during the selection), UDP and contents (events and Trento)...those are really must have features for the final version of assetto (F12017 has more pre-race, in-race and control options than assetto, it tells a lot about the bad idea devs have of the console market)

Even GT Sports has more options...

SlimCharles likes this.
  16. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Pcars 1,pcars 2 and even GT sport got keyboard support , so don't need to get a PC for something simple like adding that...

UDP.... Pcars 1,pcars 2,F1 2016,F1 2017 got UDP in PS4 and Xbox one ..

Meanwhile Stefano casillo tried to convence us here that the console policy , mostly the one of Microsoft doesn't allow UDP...

They even don't added the lasted 12 special events from bonus pack 3....and they got quite good time to port them for the last patch..

Last year digital Bros said that they saled 900.000 copies of assetto on consoles... That's more than on PC,...

But they support on consoles showed pure laziness .. Can't define it better really.

They got an golden opportunity in console bringing a genuine simulation...with a huge potential, the best physics, ffb and laser scan track we've seen on consoles...

But since day one of the consoles version we seen that Marco's promise of an equal version of assetto with only a new IU and no mod support as difference was only comercial talking and the game wasn't even nearly as the PC version was ..

A real shame also the post realese support here from 505Games and Kunos...
    Giving us 3 ways to report problems and none was working in conditions... The proof is that we still have day one bugs meanwhile they where reported patches after patches here, in 505Games forums , in direct tickets system and some even on social networks...

Still gonna enjoy the game, but for sure I don't gonna buy a new product of them on consoles

17. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

Yeah, that was bad. We were running in circles and nobody cared to listen.

Donnced2 and SlimCharles like this.