1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Laguna Seca corkscrew +car grip!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by iwanchek, Feb 18, 2018.

1. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

LOL...Kunos is secretly giving the console players a different game :D

I played AC recently on a friend's PS4...apart from him owning a very different wheel then mine with less FFB...all turns including the Corkscrew were the same as I remember in my PC version of the game. Turn entry unpredictability, crest lightness in the suspension, huge compression like I expect, then very tight steering on corner exit. Exactly what people experience driving there IRL.

This thread basically indicates this: console player used to arcade grip and physics learning that a real physics engine is much more demanding on the driving skills ;):rolleyes:

Kriig likes this.
  2. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

I don't know what Iwanchek has been smoking lately because he's been playing AC virtually since day one of its console release, so he should know what to expect.

Plus I've driven the lambo hurracan gt3 at Laguna Seca a couple of times (in AC) and it was really easy. I actually got bored and switched to cars with more power and less grip.

3. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

I am quite surprised with how many are having difficulty with the Corkscrew. I have tried Laguna Seca is many cars and so far have had no issues.

Maybe I am so slow it is proving easier...
    :(

olevet and pippo10 like this.
  4. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I don’t know what have you been smoking but I describe everything I got from the latest resting and I dunno what’s the problem? I’ll make video about it then you’ll see what I mean when words can’t convince you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. ad13b

ad13b Rookie

I can only comment based on driving an MX5 Cup, but I feel like issue for many people (and me initially) is just the very beginning of elevation change, where the front right wheel starts to dip and left rear goes light, it’s nearly impossible (for me) to catch it, you have to plan ahead and turn right slightly sooner, to clip the kerb

6. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Ones you know the trick it is ok to take the Corkscrew nevertheless it stays a challenge but that's ok for me .

7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I wonder how long it will take him to upload that vid.:rolleyes:

8. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

I had a cigar and some Whisky with my brother last weekend, but I didn't find and grip issues, nor did anything strike me as abnormal at Laguna Seca.

With regard to the corkscrew, as I've said earlier, the initial descent is very abrupt and the car gets very light there (it almost goes into freefall). Also keep in mind that the front wheels will bite first, so if you turn really hard at that point it will spin the car like a top, which is to be expected.