1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Laserscanned Laguna Seca + 6 bonus cars will be free!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ShredatorFIN, Sep 19, 2017.

1. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Cars in the bonus pack

- Maserati Quattroporte
    - Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
    - Alfa Romeo Stradale 33
    - Lamborghini Huracan Performante (Not 100% confirmed but guy who interviewed him in SimRacing Expo said so at least)
    - 2 other cars, not yet known

All this + Laguna Seca will be for FREE for everyone which I find amazing. By the end of 2017 (on PC, a bit later on console I guess).

Also he says costs /work of producing a track, is about same as producing 20 new cars. Also kind of small hints about AC2, while he is not directly saying anything :D

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Why laserscanned brands? Nov 27, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Is nordschleife laserscanned ? Sep 25, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Curiosity question: nürburgring gp laserscanned or not? Sep 17, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Zandvoort not laserscanned rumor(?) Jul 19, 2015
    ACC Gameplay Resuming saved race at Laguna Seca - Cut Course Penalty Feb 1, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC 1.8 | Laguna Seca | HotLap | Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 1:21.990 Mar 10, 2022
    ACC Physics Issues with Maserati (at Laguna?) Dec 4, 2021
    ACC Physics AMG GT4 issue on Laguna Seca. Dec 3, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting 1.7.11 Crash during Multiplayer race at Laguna Seca [FAWForceFeedbackDrv64.dll crash] Jun 29, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [ACC][PC][GT3] ACRL 6 Hours of Laguna Seca| 24th July Jun 17, 2021
    ACC Physics Laguna Seca Curb Of Death Mar 21, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer laguna_seca_2019 don't work on server Nov 20, 2020
    ACC Physics Porsche 991.2 no WET setup for Laguna Seca Oct 26, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Laguna Seca Setup Bentley Oct 18, 2020
    Physics Bugs & Issues Laguna Seca - sandbox like soap Oct 11, 2020

3. Sigurd615

Sigurd615 Racer

Cool that should drop on consoles in 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Bring it up to Sony and Microsoft to be more like Steam, patch and update it any time.

5. Gurkensepp

Gurkensepp Racer

Love you too...

6. ManuCfr

ManuCfr Rookie

If necessary do a crowdfunding, whatever is needed, just keep the physics model and create a new system more geared towards complex online competition. There's no one who will deny that AC handles amazingly, but it has a poor game content(specially on console). People will support a new game with more complex content and the same great handling physics. Just please, make a proper match making system, it's so much fun when you happen to coincide with some good clean players on the lobbies, but unfortunately that seldom happens.

7. ApexPredator

ApexPredator Gamer

Man... I've never played so many hours in a game, and it keeps getting better.

8. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

All that for free is brilliant.

I'm enjoying Assetto Corsa more than usual right now, thanks to the LMP1-H and MC12 GT1 from Ready to Race, that I almost don't want PCars2 to come out. Then I remember it has Le Mans and the Toyota TS020 GT-one which is one drive AC cannot give me.

I wonder if the 2 remaining cars of this new pack will also be Italian. With an American circuit included we might see some American cars. I'd happily take the Ford GT LM.

Any content coming to AC is always welcome, particularly circuits, so this will be a great addition to this fantastic driving experience.

The gorgeous Alfa Romeo Stradale 33 is certainly my most wanted part of this pack.

9. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

noice
    soon then :D

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  10. Reinart86

Reinart86 Racer

Didn't I read somewhere that it being free is not certain yet?

11. Raikku

Raikku Racer

Finally new Giulia. If I would have crapload of money, would buy that car irl.

CtrlAltDeLaet and Scuderia Paul like this.
  12. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Yes this was speculated before, based on what someone else who was in SimRacing Expo wrote. But this new interview confirms it was true (Marco says it very clearly on video)

33 Stradale highlight of the pack for me too. Just listen and look at this beauty:

[​IMG]

Okay maybe it won't sound quite as that in AC :D Not easiest car to get real recordings of. But still very nice addition. Wikipedia says only 18 were ever made and value is now over $10 million/piece. You don't get that for free often :p

Kriig, Blamer, Hugo Catarino and 5 others like this.
  13. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Simracer

Very excited for Laguna Seca, one of my favourite circuits. Can’t wait to throw some cars down the corkscrew!

CtrlAltDeLaet and Wolftattoo89 like this.
  14. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Crazy that it's free. You know I would be more than happy if Kunos just released 3 or 4 locations with 4 layouts like Highlands. That would add more value to me than one official real world track, and the costs would be lower.

I'm sure you've stolen this joke from somewhere.
    Bear in mind its hard to plan all of those things with a starting budget of 70k. I'm sure Kunos won't be left behind now they will have a bigger starting budget. If their next project is AC2 ( why wouldn't it be ) then it won't be out before 2019 at least I'd hazard a guess, so I don't think they could leave themselves that far behind the competition by not having some sort of e-sports feature.

Also I agree, I think Kunos should consider crowd funding for tracks so they can cover all bases: Get the tracks out that we want, cover costs of production+ wages etc.

Neil Goodinson likes this.
  15. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Lots of people value laser scanned tracks very high. When Kunos released Zandvoort (non scanned) there was huge outcry, where roughly 50% of people said it shouldn't even be in the game because it's not scanned, and 50% were happy. Later people calmed down a bit (took some time) when they noticed it's quite good quality. Sim elitists want to get the exact real track, even when they have no clue how the real track is. But they will compare to iRacing scans etc...

Kriig, Mattbeastblood and TheGT500 like this.
  16. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Just think, you could save up for a PC long before that ;) :D

Michael Hornbuckle and pippo10 like this.
  17. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Well, I want laserscanned tracks too. But if we got 4 fictional locations instead then that's a win for me. SIM racers need to stop being snobs and thinking they're the real deal. They're just gamers like the rest of us.

Daz730, TheGT500, agrip 2 and 3 others like this.
  18. dawg

dawg Racer

So, let's see. Marco said to scan and design and implement 1 track, costs as much as 20 cars, give or take.

Seeing that a car pack has approximately 8 cars in it, with a price around €8.

I can see opportunities for a Track DLC with 3 laserscanned tracks, for €50. I would call that a fair deal and would definitely buy it! :cool:

And maybe Kunos can do the same with the Ferrari pack. Host a poll (on this forum) with 6 tracks or something and see which ones are favoured most.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Hugo Catarino likes this.
  19. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

And ironically, most of the elitists have no problem with other high quality non-laser scanned mod tracks...
    Mildly off-topic rant: I love Zandvoort as a track, it's fun as hell to drive, and I have no problem with it being non-laser scanned. But the visual quality is totally reprehensible. Massive texture pop-in and brutal low-quality textures are literally everywhere. It's visually lower quality than any of KS' original tracks before they got updates :(

Mattbeastblood likes this.
  20. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Then why bother with Ferrari's and Porsche's? Plenty of fictional cars would do it wouldn't they.^^

21. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I dont want them to release real world tracks that are not laser scaned (on the other hand I think fake tracks are a good idea if they are good). For me it's not just because being elithist:
    • It's because a conection between the real world motorsports and the game. For example (I said it once): for me it's a joy to hear a driver talking about a track and how he drives throught it and realise that he says things you also feel in the simulator. That is very difficult to do with a non laser scaned track. Or just because mezmorizing the track and use it when you watch motorsports to know where is the TV camera pointing (in tracks like RBR it's difficult because all the corners ar similar).
    • It's because being able to enjoy a track no matter the game. After playing so much assetto, Pcars Nordschleife feels like sh*t. If we get Fuji, Daytona or other tracks PCars2 has laser scaned, I will be able to enjoy them more quickly when switching games.
    • The quality of a laser scaned track I think it always going to be higher related to the details of the track.
    • Assetto has all the tracks laser scaned except for one. Would be a pitty to destroy that statisctic.

pippo10 likes this.