1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The thread with some useful info... and some not.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

Yikes, I had to go and run my fingernails down a blackboard to help me relax after hearing that footage :eek:

Leemstradamus and Dean Ogurek like this.
  2. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Really?

Really?

REALLY?!

Fat Rich likes this.
  3. NOOO! I don't even have to watch the video! :D

PhenOm likes this.
  4. Why would you even waste a moment of your life to upload a video of some guy running his fingernails down a blackboard?

Zentiusd, Xenix and Leemstradamus like this.
  5. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Why would you even waste a moment of your life posting in a thread about driblets of information for an ingame purchase?

Because internets of course.

6. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

7. Graffiti and track surface look really good...can't wait....another day closer.....

[RRRV] JuggernAlz likes this.
  8. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

They look dreadful.
    I hope it's just DOF, though they do look a little lo-res either way.

Champion Hero likes this.
  9. Tiago Fortuna

Tiago Fortuna Simracer

old footage; onboard cameras always exaggerate the highs; "Youtube quality" is an oxym0r0n :D

/edit had to use Zeroes because the content filter separates oxy from m0r0n... :eek:

10. Qwaribo

Qwaribo Alien

Swedenkreuz.jpg

Why are there trees on the right? I understand they can't make it 1:1 but there's a big gap at the right. And there are no tents/cars or whatever on the left, also not with the 24h.

They create a whole new environment.

Swedenkreuz1.jpg

I know it's whining but it just looks perfect :D (road wise) So i'd like it perfect too on the environment.

11. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Focus is on the car, the rest seems to be a bit blurred out :)

Mogster likes this.
  12. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

yeah they do look low res, hopefully is just DOF, the game has so many compromises for low end pcs already, after the hundreds/thousands of hours that went into producing laser scanned nordschleife, to compress textures would be such a shame.

@Qwaribo that is odd... i thought the whole point of point cloud (lol) was that placing trees would be super easy, no guessing required :/

it looks awesome but yeah a bit odd...

13. Qwaribo

Qwaribo Alien

I think they use the pointcloud until the barriers. :(

14. MrMacStripe

MrMacStripe Simracer

That lookjs really weird compared to 2014 VLN round 2.
    On the other hand, this camera has a very huge FOV, so with realistic FOV maybe it looks more realistic. But to be honest, the trees seem to start ~25m early :D

[​IMG]

Michael Springer and Qwaribo like this.
  15. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

hmm in all the images of pointcloud i saw of other tracks you can see tree outlines and stuff, even the nordschleife ones that marco posted a while ago im sure.
    perhaps @Si3v could comment, obviously i know 0 about track making :D

quick printscreen from the 918 lap, left hand side looks great (randomly placed objects on the left seems odd but i can get over it)

Untitled.jpg

16. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

17. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Realistic expectations.

I think we need to accept that Kunos won't have positioned every single tree 100% correctly...

18. Qwaribo

Qwaribo Alien

Lol I don't want to complain.. It's not meant like that.

I just had too high expectations (and yes, I'm proud that I know almost every tree there). Environment is pretty important in racing.

Jebus, 3316V and Leemstradamus like this.
  19. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

Humanity doesn't care about trees. Simracers do.

20. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

agree to some extent, but this is more than just a single tree out of place, its a wall of trees where there are famously none in RL. and not placing trees has got to be easier/quicker than placing trees where there are none, right? its not like its something trivial like a traffic cone in the wrong place.

if the point cloud didnt contain outlines of where trees are (but i think it did), then wasnt the point of surveying the track in person, to get the details right? its not like this is a detail you would have to have been to the track to notice, any onboard video from a potato phone would be enough to see there are no trees there

but yeah dont mean to complain, im dying to throw my money at this, but given the level of hype and im sure previously they have bigged it up as being a reference tool thanks to its accurate recreation of the environment or similar, theres no harm in pointing something like this out

edit: here is one quote:

"We will be bringing you the most faithful virtual representation of the track ever to be released, based on our laser scanning technology."

from https://www.assettocorsa.net/nurburgring/ featuring this pic:

[​IMG] which is predominantly trees :p

questioning the placement of trees behind those you can see from the track would obviously be nuts, but yeah

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015