1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Learn To Drive - a thread for onlineracers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Tberg, Jul 16, 2017.

1. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

That's not the point here.

Top speed is better on the outer line. Which suggest there's a high chance he car isn't adjusted correctly. The RX7 has better cornering ability than a 370Z, but the gain is too large in my opinion, especially when the whole width of the track is not used.

If you're on the racing line & the other one isn't, he shouldn't be faster. If you are aware that the player has issue with cornering, it's not a place to pass. I don't think the 370Z noticed the RX7.

I'm pointing out there's some place to challenge position & place you shouldn't using common sense. Which obviously isn't the place to be a ninja.

Tberg likes this.
  2. Whether you should be faster on a particular line or not is irrelevant. You have to deal with situations in real time, not based on calculations made in advance. I understand your point about good and bad places to challenge for position, but it is possible that Schnipp could have made the overtake on the outside through the next corner (I have done that hundreds of times online). Observation, and respect for the track position of other drivers are the key points here.

Tberg and Schnipp like this.
  3. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

It's more about observation & knowing your opponents. Indeed the 370Z is at fault, but what can you do with novices...

At competitive level, especially at the back end middle field, I wouldn't even bother to nose up in that section of the track. You lose many positions to catch up. The more you battle, the less chance you can snatch the leader.

I admit I don't race a lot online in AC, but done a lot of races online in other racing titles.

sacredaardvark likes this.
  4. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Pretty much the same situation as in Schnipp's video, except that the RUF is being driven by a good driver. ;)

LeiF, mms, Schnipp and 1 other person like this.
  5. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Good points, and I agree. It seems that in the situation, there's more than one causing the incident. Looking @Schnipp o_O
    Interesting is, what would a racesteward have judged here? Nothing, is my guess, because the Nissan shouldn't even be driving in a race, and Schnipp should know how to avoid a zombie like that. Buuut, I think the blame is mostly on the Nissan.
    Yeah, that's how it's done, good post in context :)

mms and sacredaardvark like this.
  6. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

You can see with the Yellowbird & Cobra AC. The Cobra has much better cornering ability, but still didn't get ahead after the chicane. With equal performance, you'll less likely be able to get a lead, unless the car has a good acceleration advantage.

7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Jump to 17:52 for the crash replay, 17:22 for the live one, quite a violent sounding impact.

Judgement?
    Mhhh. Would like to see it from a few seconds earlier.
    Hard to call if the Lambo pushed the Z4 to the outside or if the Z4 tried a very last moment chance to attack while there wasn't enough space.
    Tough luck though for the Huracan ahead.

Edit: at 30:28 there is another replay starting earlier, Z4 was on the side before the Lambo cut across and didn't leave enough room for the BMW.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    Christopher Low likes this.
  8. Yes, it would be useful to see the action leading up to that incident. Whoever was to blame, I can imagine that the other Lamborghini driver was not best pleased about that.

Schnipp likes this.
  9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

A fair bit later you see more of it, I've added the time mark in my edit.

10. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Having watched the later replay, the Z4 was not at fault, he was forced onto the grass.

Schnipp likes this.
  11. LeiF

LeiF Alien

So who was the mystery RUF driver?

12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im just going to do a wild guess. You?

13. LeiF

LeiF Alien

I honestly don't know, but I am hoping it might have been :p

kofotsjanne likes this.
  14. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Yep, it's some dude called Leif in the RUF. :D

LeiF likes this.
  15. Jaood

Jaood Racer

16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Well, I race a lot and then I only post the videos where stuff goes wrong.

But I was just thinking of you during my last race.
    4 situations over 2 races within 5-6 laps of each other. No contacts, all prevented on my end.

;)

chksix, Tberg and mantasisg 2 like this.
  17. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Those are nice reactions, @Schnipp

Thats what I call racing. Well not all these situations, but a few were awesome racing situations. That first one with Celica deserved some nice talk with the race heads IMO, this kind of behavious is rather common this year in our local championship in Lithuania. We have some people who could use some chillpills, and skip a season or two.

Check out red BMW, Eastern Ruropeans actively are destroying good name of BMW, by using old models, and doing stuff like that, in races, and in streets as well:

Sorry its from FB, no other way

https://www.facebook.com/fastlap/videos/10155637153457188/

Thats one of the stupidest racing move ever IMO, and he still defends himself, fortunately no major consequences. Reminds first incident in Schipp's video, but this time driver had no chance to react and get on the grass to avoid the aggressive demon.

Schnipp likes this.
  18. Tberg

Tberg Alien

[​IMG]

chksix, LeiF and Schnipp like this.
  19. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I was about to talk with him about it, but I guess with lunatic @LeiF ;) blasting through our group with the Ruf, IMO it's possible that it might have shifted focus for a moment on him (see my little reaction I had as Leif approached). Otherwise I didn't see anything wrong with his driving. So benefit of the doubt in this case.

And this happened (the first part) right on the next race start.
    All 3 times it's the same guy, but not the one from the previous video.

1st part, race start; 2nd part, same race, lap 2 or 3 (ok, I flashed him earlier for the T1 cut); 3rd part, the following race, deliberate pushing me to the inside and then last moment switch to the racing line in hope to have an advantage, also cutting the track massively to avoid the F40 instead of going around him like I did. :(

20. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

You are kind person, he left a tiny bit of space though, he did cause danger anyway. But maybe we shouldn't expect everybody to be professionals... and just have fun.

It does look like the same person to me. Some time ago when I was in SF server driving at Imola, there was one quick dude, but he seemed disrespectful, after a while I was looking at names table, and his name just changed. As an admin do you see if a person is the same between sessions, just with a different nickname ?

Schnipp likes this.