1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Learning Tool - Slew car position - Nordschleife

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Speed Demon, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Speed Demon

Speed Demon Racer

To all you clever people out there,

How can I slew a car to a certain potion on a track, Nordschleife in particular, get in and drive from that point onward,

Is this possible at all or not?

The reason for my question is that I am still learning the Nordschleife and am pretty ok up to and after the two Carousels, but in between this stretch I loose a lot of time.

I would like to be able to practice this stretch over and over without having to restart the entire lap.

Its more for saving tie than anything else,

Will appreciate if anyone knows of a method to do so in Practice mode?

Much appreciated,

ET

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 164 – Learning Curves Feb 1, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Opinion: Rating system is too punishing while learning a new track Apr 20, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Learning to Drive! Nov 23, 2018
    Suggestions Idea for learning a new track/section Dec 17, 2017
    Chit Chat Room The learning curve Dec 7, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Learning Circuits, Go Big Early Aug 7, 2017
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa | Learning zandvoort | Porsche 911 GT3 2017 Jan 7, 2017
    Console Lounge My drifting learning curve Oct 18, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Learning to drive...fast! Sep 6, 2016
    Suggestions Some features to help learning from other drivers Aug 17, 2015
    Chit Chat Room A new idea for sims - ai constantly learning from humans Apr 22, 2015
    Tracks modding Track learning idea Aug 26, 2014
    Chit Chat Room D'oh! idea for learning - replays Aug 3, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Learning to drive. Feb 4, 2014
    ACC Tools ACC Pit Tool Oct 4, 2023

3. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I would love to know this too. I have a feeling it's not possible - unless you hacked the track and changed the starting position, which obviously is a no-no. Hopefully I am wrong and someone comes along with the answer to your question.

Myself? I have the Nordschleife pretty well mastered except for the part between Hatzenbach and Tiergarten. The rest I find to be a breeze.... :( :confused: o_O

4. Speed Demon

Speed Demon Racer

Thank you for the reply, at least that makes two of us thinking alike,

Unfortunately I do not have enough spare time and during week nights I am too tired from work to concentrate to the required level.

But sure I know it takes practice, practice and more practice,

I am trying to replicate the glorious fast lap of the Aventador but am still only at 7,32, its light years away from the sub 7.

And that's without stupid mistakes, I restart the lap if I touch a barrier so try to keep it realistic, minus the threat of dying......

I did 6.37.4 many months ago in the Mazda 787B which was still slow compared to some of the hot shots out there, but that's in a car with massive down force.

Anyway, I will keep on trying, its a good challenge...

Cheers,

ET

ALB123 likes this.
  5. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Oh man...I can't believe I'm admitting this... I haven't even completed one single clean lap in the Aventador on the Nordschleife. :( I have always blown a corner and gone off track or spun out and wrecked. It is so frustrating. Honest to God, I had one lap that was totally clean until I was almost at the bridge after the final long straight. Just as I was about to go under the bridge I sneezed and hit the grass on the right side because I didn't follow that slight kink left. :mad: Admittedly, I haven't run many laps with this particular combination, but I plan to. It's probably my favorite car in the world right now. I've been wasting time with it on other tracks. Even once I gain a lot more confidence with the SV and can push a little more and a little more without crashing I don't think I would ever go sub-7 mins. I'm just not that good of a driver. :(

6. Speed Demon

Speed Demon Racer

With that kind of honesty we could be mates for life........:D

That's why I made this a personal challenge, when you get it right it is very satisfying,

And with the real benchmark (car and track) we have the opportunity to benchmark ourselves using very good virtual tools but only with virtual balls...:eek:

This car is awesome and has good mechanical grip but your lines need to be precise otherwise you into the barrier, this is why I want to practice certain sections where I am struggling at the moment,

I will persist but agree, sub-7 will require a very special attempt / driver. I am not there (yet).

ALB123 likes this.
  7. NightEye

NightEye Alien

A slew tool is something I cincerly miss in AC. Especially since it's more of a simulator than a game. Flight Simulator comes into mind then, where you could change planes and locations on the fly, slew the aircraft, change the weather without exiting the flight, etc.
    Even implementing these things in AC shouldn't be too hard. Slewing would just alter your position on the AI spline (or even just moving you from sector to sector, although Nords doesn't have any I believe). Weather/grip changes are already somewhat possible (server-side though, since the weather changes before the session does), and even car changes should be simple by having a "garage" button. Time changes are already somewhat possible, albeit a bit flimsy. A FFW/RWD button, or time acceleration button would be great.
    But if I understood Stefano right, the changing of cars will never happen. Though that may have been multiplayer focussed.

Also, anti cheat would be easy. IF slew=true THEN laptime=invalid or something :p

Vel and Seria17hri11er like this.
  8. Slew would be extremely valuable for those sections or corners your having trouble with. Immediate repetition is extremely helpful when learning things. Just imagine if you could set it like this:

Start:
    X Speed, 3 seconds before braking zone at turn X

Reinitialize:
    6 seconds after turn.

Then imagine being able to repeat that over and over, until you got it nailed? You could so get in the zone!

NightEye likes this.
  9. Speed Demon

Speed Demon Racer

Yup, this is precisely what I had in mind, but it does not have to be exact to the second as a start or end point. My idea was clearly as a training tool in Single player, and yes the idea comes from flight sims for the reason of saving time only.

No cheating intended!

Thank you for your input and like minded approach, maybe this feature gets consideration from KS?...

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  10. Right. It was just easier to write it out that way.

As far as it getting consideration from KS... I seriously doubt it. The bottom line is, it's a super helpful luxury. Struggling with a corner? "Well, keep doing laps!" Lol.

11. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

12. Well that was all focused on the Ring. And OP is quite focused on the Ring. But a Slew tool would work on any track.

It's a useful tool. It's not something needed. It's a useful tool that some would like to use. Instant repetition is very powerful for learning new things, especially physical movements. When your doing some forms of martial arts, you repeat a certain sequence over and over and over until you have it down pat. You know(?) when starting out, they don't teach you a sequence of 7, or 20 maneuvers, and then tell you to repeat them. You'll be sloppy and wont be sharp. They have you repeat a simple 2-3 part sequence over and over until it is second nature and you do not even think about it.

A slew mode would unlock that type of learning of car behavior in specific corners and cornering phases, along with track layout.

13. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Could someone tell me what a "slew tool" or "slew mode" is? :(

14. Motorsports

Motorsports Gamer

Yeah that good old " Y " key to enable the slew mode if i remember right.

Slew is mode in flight simulator where it's somehow pause the game and you can move your aircraft all around the place like up in the air, close to the runway if you missed your approach etc ...

Same would be great to learn indeed, like to test the limit of cornering of a car.

But somehow i'm thinking more of Forza 3&4 : where you could go back from 3-10 seconds before where you were.

Now it's right it's a luxury tool, and not necessary. OP has to train more to master the Green Hell and his car. Try again and again. At a certain point you'll make it without slew :)

I'm telling you this because Nurb' is not like any other track. It's long and to make it happend, it has to be all at once, you need to know every corner before you get to them. Your position for the next one heavily depends on the previous one and it happends very fast so you have no time to think : you must know ! And slew won't help that

Slew can only help to improve certain corner on a laptime but you must know the track before.
    I still don't know it ( only the first half i can go full on), but i'm almost there.

Good luck

ALB123 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  15. hazardic

hazardic Alien

Practice, practice, practice:D since we got Nords in AC my pov to such tool drastically changed - at first i was mad to myself, wtf you can't pass this apex clean, but then i realised if i want to get a proper experience and joy, i should play like i'm in real cockpit. Yo do not believe how many times i crashed or spun on caroussel but after a while i started to drive on Nords relaxed - and this is a truly joy for me, having such feeling:D and even if i crash i will get an experience anyway. Nord is a very tought track that's why it is my love:D

16. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I'm constantly ever so slightly clipping curbs, like from totally blowing a turn-in point (way to early). Then I have to correct very quickly and then get it back where it was supposed to be - all in the blink of an eye. A simple mistake like that could add almost 2 seconds to my lap time because it kills my corner-in and my corner-out by losing a lot of the speed I need coming out of that turn. I have the layout 100% memorized in my head. I can close my eyes and drive the 'Ring in my mind, over and over. It's the execution is where I fail. I watch replay videos posted here - the hand on the steering wheel moves oh so slightly...nice and smooth. Then I watch my replay and it's like my driver is having a mini seizure. I'm too herky-jerky.

I know I need to slow down. Practice doing laps at 100% controlled pace - forget about lap times. Just take it nice and easy and add a little more speed on each additional lap. Just a bit...not much more. And keep doing that lap after lap after lap. But then the psycho in me says "ME WANT FAST TO GO!!!" and the next thing I know my car is upside down and on fire at Aremberg. It's my own fault. I know the layout pretty darn well. It's just my execution is terrible. Now I have to go run some laps... :D

17. Speed Demon

Speed Demon Racer

When I look at my latest and best time so far in the Aventador SV, 7:24.6, I can see at least 10 seconds worth of mistakes in the replay,

And the thing is I do not always make the mistakes in the same corners since the margin for error is so small,

This is what makes Marco Mapelli's lap of 6:59.73 so special, this is my target.

And when you watch his famous lap on YouTube you can see how he fights the car, on the very limit all the way.

But I cannot cruise to learn the track, its maximum attack or nothing, fortunately we in sims only have to push escape and start again, I would have been dead by now if it was for real....:eek:

18. Yami

Yami Racer

I was thinking of a way toı do this, I also would love to have it.

When I am going for a fast but like fastest lap, sometimes I have to try a corner more than say 50 times, so 50 full laps.
    ıit is not that bad tho, that 50 laps also adds to my cornering but still for nords it is too long.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  19. MarcM

MarcM Simracer

It's not too long, 1/3 is a straight, the rest is just 2x Spa (/jk).

If you want to be fast on the Ring, you'll have to put in the effort. If you make it easier, you deminish the challenge.

Some things should be hard.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  20. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

If you want to train a small section only wouldn't it save time to turn around and drive back in the "wrong direction" to the beginning of your training-section instead of finishing the whole long lap?
    I think this is possible with a file from racedepartment (without AI-line so that you won't be disqualified when driving wrong direction)...

21. Hahahahahahaahahah. Brilliant. Let's get a replay of that. :D

It's not about making it easier. If you seen what the OP said, it's about time. Some of us are lucky to get an hour in AC every few days.

And like I said, it's about repetition. Repetition of 2-3 movements (corners) is extremely powerful for learning. Repeating 2-3 movements 50 times will take you from being "good" at it, to near mastering it.