1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's discuss iRacing - attempt #2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by slopps, Sep 16, 2016.

1. chakko

chakko Alien

[​IMG]

2. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

Interestning article.

"I haven’t driven every racing sim out there, but for me the best sim car is Assetto Corsa’s Formula Abarth, which is basically a re-branded Formula Renault 2.0 car. It handles shockingly close to what the car drives like in real life, and a close second is the BMW M235i Racing which was found in Assetto Corsa’s Dream Pack DLC. The body roll is a bit excessive in Assetto Corsa, but the tire model really helps these cars shine. Assetto Corsa, as a whole really, is probably the best consumer simulation on the market. It’s got a very good tire model, amazing re-creation of tracks, and practically every car in the sim could win the best sim car award. My only complaint, however, is the weird temperature behavior of some of the tires. They seem to cool down super fast on the straights, and then gain all the temperature back in one corner. It’s as if the sim only calculates surface temperature and not core temperature. Maybe I’m wrong though."
    I really agree with him about tyres heating cooling down though : I guess (and hope) AC devs team will upgrade, improve this aspect asap, this and some brakes too (heating and cooling down). I think there is room to improve AC once again here. But to me, as he says, "Assetto Corsa, as a whole really, is probably the best consumer simulation on the market." (But I still need to try iRacing).

Ricky Reject likes this.
  3. chakko

chakko Alien

Yeah. Was really fond of reading that too, and, i agree with him, on many things he said. Mind though that this is a relatively old article, and there's been some tire updates since. Still agree though, heh.

4. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

And that the guy only owns a G27 :confused:
    He was thinking about upgrading to T500RS, I could sell mine to him as I'm thinking about upgrading to a DirectDrive. :)

5. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

You received a number of good answers to most of these questions. I will add my two cents to #3. It depends on what you mean by classic cars. As others said, iRacing only has a few older cars and the races that are full with the older F1 cars are fairly infrequent compared to other classes. However, both the Lotus f1 cars (49 and 79) are high quality.

If you are into 60s F1 cars... RF2 has the best quality,IMO. Those cars in RF2 are reason enough to buy it if you love that era. They really feel great and you have options for with a wing or not etc. RF2 also has great feeling tin tops from that time period too. Of course RF2 comes with a number of warts but anyone who loves historics really should consider buying it anyway.

If you like all sorts of older F1 cars, then you should buy Automobilista as it covers multiple F1 eras very well and they all feel quite good. AMS has 60s, 70s, late 80s, v12, v10, v8, hybrids and current models.

Of course, AC has probably the best overall selection of classic cars in any sim.... and they all feel good to me. Different from RF2 and AMS in some ways so opinions will vary but the sheer selection in AC is unmatched by other options.

Solmyr likes this.
  6. I find the driving on iracing boring due to its ffb information.
    Take the same combo, mx5 on the most boring track, say Monza, I still get tons of fun in assetto compared to iracing.
    Even more, take the slowest car on AC, the Abarth 595 and I get more fun than with iracing.

Of course, then there's the racing system which is great.
    SRS for Assetto works fine but it's not as populated yet.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Robin_NL likes this.
  7. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

I didn't know this, seems it's worth a try.

8. This code:
    PR-New5Dollar
    Should get you a three month membership for $5.

Hopefully it works for you and you can let us know your thoughts on the physics/ffb/graphics/etc.

9. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

Thank you Horn,
    I'll probably give it a try then, and 3 months is enough to set the sim, hardware and the sim-driver.. :cool:

10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

11. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Whoa....about time they get in some actual LMPs. Good times for the IMSA series.
    Think they’ll come soon™.

12. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

They got Audi LMP1's license after 1 year that Audi abandoned LMP1?
    GG Iracing, Always the same story... :rolleyes:

13. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

I have a question, some guys like Empty Box already spent more than 1000 dollars on Iracing?

14. Luca Zari

Luca Zari Racer

15. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

it's not so difficoult spend over 1k € in iRacing.

16. chakko

chakko Alien

Yep. Shouldn't be that big of a deal though, for the people who spend 10.000 € plus for their simulator.

17. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

The real kicker is what happens when you stop paying . . .

18. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

It waits for you when you comeback lol.

My sub has been expired for while now. I let it expire many many times over and over.

Only way to get back is to re-sub again.

19. chakko

chakko Alien

20. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Hey, if they hurry up now, they might actually implement them in their game before LMP1 is gone completely. :D