1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guigui072

guigui072 Rookie

I really miss the rolling start/formation lap feature. Would be great if one day you make it real ! :D

2. no ****.. .it really makes me want to start shooting at people.

Next one that goes for a wish instead of a vote 3 days ban.. let's see who's the winner.

3. Infectonator

Infectonator Racer

Sry for this bad translation. When I said transmission camera, Ive meant TV camera for broadcasting. (cant edit the original now).

4. Pablo 40

Pablo 40 Rookie

Such a hard choice, it's a shame we only get to vote for one ... choice of three would have been uber-cool.

Have voted VR. However, wouldn't be adversed to seeing brake temp simulation, false starts/engine stall, custom championships, time based races and pit-stop stratergies ... I'm just greedy :D

5. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

Haha I know it's not insignificant, I was just showing how that guys "logic" doesn't work :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

6. FlandreNien

FlandreNien Hardcore Simmer

I was making a point that there is always more to add than just the things you listed, which makes perfecting the drag feature even more of a task than you made it out to be. A lot of the issues I've had with making drag racing content I've found workarounds for. Custom tracks, apps for timing, using current features to make up for other that aren't there.
    also, if you think about how funny cars prepare for a run, you should be able to work out what I was getting at with the door animation thing, though as a work around, that animation could be linked to the lights as funny cars don't have lights.

7. Rolling start, false start, brake, water and oil temp, brake pressure in setup, quick menu, a better system to detect cutcorner more than once per lap, drive-through penalty, stop-and-go penalty, disqualification, functional headlights, more weather and track asphalt presets, 24H Time of day, possibility to select skin in multiplayer.

jsTrecu likes this.
  8. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

I think you missed what @Lord Kunos said 4-5 posts above you :)

9. and he won 3 days free of charge in the retirement home for Simulation Experts. :)

I've got a lot of tickets left.. who wants some?

Seria17hri11er, mESCx, Nismo and 5 others like this.
  10. steppi

steppi Rookie

Just a copy of my Facebook entry, hoping Kunos will read one of both:

11. Nekrobob

Nekrobob Hardcore Simmer

I wish i had some wishes,but Assetto is to enjoyable right now.

12. Newhouses

Newhouses Rookie

I think that the first thing to be a "real simulator" and not a racing game, it would be a Iracing similar system. It doesn´t matter the brake temp simulator or the sparks if on the first corner you are KO.
    Anyway all options would be a good notice.

13. yes there is a lot to consider to implement drag racing, but lets take baby steps first and see how it goes. it wont happen anyway so no need to get worked up over it

14. AMV8 VANTAGE

AMV8 VANTAGE Gamer

Voted for brake temprature, seems more likely needed in a simulation. I'd consider the engine stall at some point but is less critical imo and would only really be needed/realistic for those who play with a wheel and 3 pedals. Would be a pain for keyboard and controller users and I dont think any console racer i've played has this.

Visual candy (which is a marked improvement in 1.5) and VR support is a bonus but I think the game needs to be as realistic as possible first before anything like this gets implemented.

15. somebody else feels like playing "let's make a wish" ?

The retirement home is getting crowded.

Seria17hri11er and kofotsjanne like this.
  16. geco123

geco123 Rookie

Multiplayer collision !

17. it's depressing.. it's like kindergarden.. wtf is wrong with you people?

18. Donnie

Donnie Racer

They are not changing brakes for fading purpose ! But because they are dead... And racing brakes are more efficient at high temperature !! (Steel, ceramic or carbon, not the same physical logic, but, low temp = bad braking ) ... I got race disc and pads (EBC), trust me, fading exists only on stock brakes :p

Cheers :)

19. Bernd.H

Bernd.H Racer

Such a Poll is not only interesting which is on number one, its also good to know about 2nd an 3rd, 4th... place, AND also to know how many people are voting at all.
    @Lord Kunos, Have you expected more or less voters?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    Epistolarius likes this.
  20. I wish... People could read and be able to process the information they are getting from the reading! Muahahah

On Topic: I chose brake temps because it is a very critial point in driving. Secondly I would chose Oil/water temp because it also afect the way the car must be driven. I think VR can wait 6 more months until the tecnology becames more mature.