1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Logitech G29 lost calibration

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by mrsauce, Dec 31, 2016.

1. mrsauce

mrsauce Gamer

Hi guys,
    I have a problem on Assetto Corsa for PS4. After the upgrade to the 1.10 version,
    my steering wheel Logitech G29 has an annoying problem. After some minutes of driving my steering wheel doesn't return in the correct position on the straight but it remains turn left or sometimes to right for half quarter turn.(you can see the attached files).
    I found out that the problem is when I turn the steering wheel quickly (for example during the drift mode), after that the steering wheel remains turn left for half quarter turn. If I turn quickly again to the opposite side (in this case to the right side for example) the steering wheel returns to the right position.
    The problem is present with the FFB active.
    Someone else had this problem?
    How I can solved?
    Thank's
    Fabio

Attached Files:

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Game freezes/locks when i access "controls" menu with Logitech G29 Apr 24, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitech G29 FFB so weak in PS5 version Dec 12, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Are there still brake pedal problems with logitech g29? Nov 9, 2022
    Steering wheels discussions Logitech G29 Pedals Are Reversed on PS5 Oct 16, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FFB Logitech G29/920 driving GT3 vs GT4 Oct 1, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G29 FFB broke with the latest update from logitech. (g29: 89.0.24) Sep 11, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G29 red dial Jan 22, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Reverb G2 interfering with Logitech G29 Wheel Jan 10, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G29 Logitech not working Dec 10, 2021
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Logitech G29 steering too sensitive May 6, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitech g29 FFB Setting Apr 30, 2021
    Steering wheels discussions Assetto Corsa Logitech wheels damn good FFB setting 2021 (g27,g25,g29,g920) Apr 26, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G29 steering inputs are double what they should be Jan 26, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Suspected Logitech G29 issue throwing out to pause in-game Dec 26, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Logitech G29 Button Settings Nov 26, 2020

3. Horus

Horus Alien

This is a problem with the G27 if the encoder becomes broken or loose. Maybe it could be a similar issue.

4. mrsauce

mrsauce Gamer

The steering wheel has only 1 month and I play with assetto corsa only 5 times.....

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

5. Horus

Horus Alien

I found the encoder on my G27 was broken when I was walking someone through a fix who did have a broken encoder. Mine was about a month old, I repaired mine and it has been fine since. New does not always mean in perfect condition. It could just be one of those things, so wait till other G29 users post replies as it could be a software/driver issue. Good luck and have a Happy and Healthy New Year.

6. mrsauce

mrsauce Gamer

Hi Horus,
    I'm aware the G27 encoder problem, but on G29 there isn't an encoder like G27, on G29 there is a hall sensor instead, I suppose that it has the encoder function. Someone of the forum should try to reproduce this issue to understand if is a software/driver problem or not.
    Happy new year you too and all members of the forum and the assetto corsa staff.
    Thank's

Horus likes this.
  7. mrsauce

mrsauce Gamer

Hi guys, I have solved....my steering wheel has stopped to work...is not possible to do a calibration the game doesn't recognize the peripheral. I suppose that is a electronic problem of the steering wheel. I need to change with a new one. I'm frustrated because the steering wheel has only 1 month and I used it for 6 times. I hope to be more lucky with the next one, otherwise I will forced to change the brands.
    Fabio

Horus likes this.
  8. Hunt Lauda

Hunt Lauda Guest

I have been asking about this since day ONE!!! The G920 is the same on XB1 but I'm sure one of the experts on here will tell me I am wrong… It's been like this since the day it was released on console. I have begged Assetto Corsa for help but I get no response. I considered upgrading to a Fanatac but whats the point when the makers of the game won't respond to thousands of people with the same problem. It don't matter if its PS or XB, the problem is the same for both parties… The hardware we are using won't work because the makers of the game won't support it by adding a collaboration menu.

@mrsauce… the problem is NOT your wheel, it is the makers of the game not allowing console players to collaborate our cheeper hardware to their product!

9. mrsauce

mrsauce Gamer

Hi Hunt Lauda,
    I think that Kunos will support the Logitech series wheel because they themselves say are compatible with assetto corsa and then not all the people they can buy a Fanatec product or spend 600 euro and more for the wheels, there would be few people who would use Assetto Corsa. In my case the wheel was broken because when I plugged it on PS4 didn't start the calibration, the wheel turned right slowly and at the end of turned it's remained blocked.
    I don't think that the game has caused breakage, but sincerely I hope in a best support (code engine I mean) for this wheel and also some improvements of the game on PS4.
    Fabio

10. Hunt Lauda

Hunt Lauda Guest

Unfortunately without being able to collaborate ANY hardware to the game its never going to work properly :(

11. mrsauce

mrsauce Gamer

But, maybe I don't understand...you mean that there isn't a collaboration between Kunos and Logitech?!?!

12. Hunt Lauda

Hunt Lauda Guest

No, what I mean is when you change your settings to suit your preferences. Like when you change the button settings on a pad to suit the way you would like them. For some very strange reason Assetto Corsa have not given console users the option to do this.

For example; If I go to the MONZA Oval in a F1 car, or any other car, I crash! So here we go… We are at full speed, flying down the MONZA pit straight, we're approaching the banking and getting ready to turn in at high speed, I have my wheel turned at an angle greater than 180 degrees! More than half a full circle of turning angle, which includes having to readjust my arms from being crossed just to get the wheel turned to this point, at speed, on an OVAL… CRASH! The wheel shouldn't be turned anymore than 70 degrees on an oval.

I don't understand why they haven't done anything about this… It is the single, only reason why I do not play this game.

I discovered a lot about steering wheel settings because of Project CARS. So you come to me and ask do I have a setup to help with overseer on a GT3 car. I could give you a car setup and it would help but, if I give you some steering wheel settings to add to the car setup it completely changes the way the car handles. All we have done is change the sensitivity of the way the wheel is reacting to the physics of the game. Tiny little things like Mz smoothing. You can change that from 0 to 100. I change mine from 0 to 10. A tiny little adjustment but it makes a massive difference to wheel wobble. This is why I am of the opinion that without being given these options, Assetto Corsa will never be playable for me.

I respect Assetto Corsa, I am very jealous of everyone who uses this game on console and especially on PC.

I wish you luck in finding an answer to this...

13. mrsauce

mrsauce Gamer

Yes, I understand what you mean. I discovered that there are some cars that the angle degrees of steering wheel in the game not corresponding to the real degrees angle of the real steering wheel. For example Ferrari F40 has this type of "problem". I'm agree with you, it would be better if there was a possibility to change the buttons function and greater settings for the wheel. I think that there is a petition on Assetto Corsa forum for asking Kunos to improve the customization of the buttons on PS4. I'm confident that Kunos will do all possible for satisfying the users of AC in the next upgrade/improvements or at least I hope so.
    Fabio

14. Hunt Lauda

Hunt Lauda Guest

Yeah fingers crossed because I refuse to give Assetto Corsa a bad name. I advise people to buy it because in years to come it will be looked at as the game that changed console racing. Yes Project CARS is good and was the first real SIM on console but, it is so brilliantly flawed you just have to smile when you lose all saved data a couple of times a year. :mad:

The ONLY thing missing from Assetto Corsa for me personally, is hardware collaboration. I have absolutely no complaints about anything else, I couldn't care about the game play or the lobbies... I just loved the feel of it until I tried to steer. :)

Pip_-72- likes this.
  15. measuredpath

measuredpath Rookie

It's an issue with the wheel. I replaced my G27 (very reliable) with the G29. No less than 10 days and I was experiencing centring issues with the wheel. I thought it was with Forza Apex having issues. Solely due to the fact it didn't do it on my PC woth Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, Dirt Rally and countless F1 variations.

I was playing AC on my PS4 Pro and I was able to reproduce the issue. If you have to fight the wheel to recover the vehicle or at a stand still turn the wheel quickly bith left and right. It loses its calibration and gets stuck in the noted picture above. Of course after disconnecting and reconnecting it's perfectly fine. Only to have the issue if you try to move the wheel quickly.

I am going to exchange mine tonight as I am well within my return period of 30 days. I'll confirm later this evening.

16. mrsauce

mrsauce Gamer

Hi, I replace my G29 with a new one. At the moment the wheel works fine but I'm afraid that the problem will recur another one. Are there forum members who have had a similar issue with this wheel on PS4? I would understand if it's a hardware wheel problem or a not full compatibility software with AC on PS4.
    Fabio

17. ek_1

ek_1 Rookie

Hey! Old post, but - any news? Has the problem reappeared with new steering wheel? I have g920(basically the same wheel) and after very quick manouvers(drifting, rally) it does the same - goes out of calibration, slightly. Tried on Assetto corsa(both PC and XBOX1) and forza horizon 3. Have disassembled it, but no visible damages to sensor, magnetic wheel on motor or anything else. Bought it second hand, so replacing on warranty out of question.

18. mrsauce

mrsauce Gamer

Hi ek_1, no problem after replace with a new one I use it with gt cars and sometimes with drifting cars. Anyway I think that the G29 or G920 aren’t suitables for using in drift mode, they are fragile too much, in my honest opinion

19. Hi there!

So @mrsauce you got no issues after the replacement? I bought the G29 a month ago, I started playing with Gran Turismo Sport and I have absolutely no issues with it. Then I bought Asseto Corsa (less than a week) and the very first race I did was with a Huracan GT3 and I had this calibration problems. Turning the G29 for like 10º made the virtual wheel turn 270º, so making the car impossible to drive. BUT, if I switch to other cars, for example the BMW Z4 GT3, I have no problems. It seems that Assetto Corsa messes the degrees if the car's wheel is less than your G29 at 900º of rotation.

I don't want to replace the wheel for a Thrustmaster or to replace the unit, because with Gran Turismo Sport it works absolutely fine. So it's not a wheel problem.
    Anyone else noticing this?

Thank you all!!

20. mrsauce

mrsauce Gamer

Hi, my G29 works fine after replacement, is passed 1 year and I use it with AC and PCars without problems. The real steering wheel rotation is the same of virtual steering rotation and I don’t have particular problems also for example with the F40 that in the past had a steering wheel rotation problems between virtual and reality but with the last version 1.16 it was fixed.

Fabio