1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E1 - Hold The Balloon

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by PuffTheMagicBelgian, May 28, 2016.

1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

How nice to finally see the chat from germany :) But it looks like it's not too easy to get Questions asked, so if the Lord is coming back here:

Glaurung likes this.
  2. Lol the intro.. I need to understand how to include the guitar in the stream.

Everything else.. I don't see why not.

TDS, GRFOCO, SMOKING__MONKEY3 and 4 others like this.
  3. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

On a second thought.. Playing music during a lifestream will bring the risk of removing the stream for germans again. Better not -.-
    Ty for the nice stream, but I really hoped for some coding. You had a TC related function open in VS, what was your plan?

Edit:
    upload_2016-5-29_18-28-17.png

Shaddix, Deatroy and Glaurung like this.
  4. hard to code on sunday afternoon :p .. I might try a sunday morning, some tough competition for the Pope :D
    Messing around with something that Aris asked on TC, let's see how it works out.

Slavc, Deatroy, Guidofoc and 5 others like this.
  5. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

plus the point, steam workshop implementation code ready since about 1 year, but fears to introduce it because of the support it would may need.

6. myimac

myimac Alien

@Lord Kunos

With regards to steam workshop integration:

I can see it would mean more work for support but one thing that would be great is that finally updates to mods would be automated meaning more likely further utilisation of third party tracks and cars

Also a side benefit I can see is that skin packs could be pointed to by a server and anybody wishing to get non standard skins used by the server simply would need to add them via steam workshop.

I can see a whole lot of benefits.

But you know best and I understand and appreciate how you guys won't add something unless you plan on supporting it.

Can I ask one further question? Slightly off topic, but for me really confusing.

How is the time attack mode supposed to work? It seems to reward slow driving initially. The problem I have with this is that clean consistent driving appears to be negative as a strategy here. Is there something specifically this mode is trying to encourage? If there is then is it possible to explain. It in the mode as Time Attack implies a battle against a clock but taking less time seems to actually be worse then better.

7. jsTrecu

jsTrecu Racer

Planned new features are very nice, specially the nrake temps and variation of temperature. Miss the sectors too.

Also talk about expanding the team is good news.

8. Stereo

Stereo Alien

It rewards being able to drive at a slightly increased pace every lap, which is a sort of consistency. The less you increase your laptime each time round, the longer you can go - so if you do 2:06, 2:05.8, 2:05.6, 2:05.4, 2:05.2, 2:05, 2:04.8, then you score higher than 2:06, 2:04, 2:05, even though your best lap was not as high, cause you were super consistent.

It encourages managing your pace beyond "go flat out hotlap mode all the time" which is useful in actual races cause you can conserve tire wear/fuel use.

9. GLENNYBOY1

GLENNYBOY1 Gamer

Nice to have you back streaming Stefano,cheers for that.

I had a nice relaxing hour modelling in Blender whilst listening :D

arthur666, TDS and esox71 like this.
  10. RuaOnze

RuaOnze Gamer

Taking the opportunity to put my question / suggestion.

In my opinion, it lacks the presentation of the final outcome of the race without the need to leave the server. I believe it is not that difficult to implement.

It would be nice if before changing session, open a window with the ofical outcome of the race, including considering the players who have left the server.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

But you do realize the stream is over?:D

TDS likes this.
  12. manzes82

manzes82 Racer

I was a bit surprised to hear that there are no plans for 3D -Mirrors in VR because the mirrors are already in 3D when using the F6-Cam.
    All in all it was very interesting and I am really looking forward to the next streams.
    Thx lordkunos for streaming again

Gesendet von meinem C6833 mit Tapatalk

13. Stereo

Stereo Alien

That's using the reflection cubemap, and depends on the graphical model being located correctly so that it'll reflect, no way to adjust. It's obviously lower res than the mirror texture + doesn't reflect opponent vehicles (last I looked)

manzes82 likes this.
  14. Yay cat's hacking again... This was a pleasent surprice.

Thanks Stefano!

Nahkamarakatti and nate like this.
  15. Sean

Sean Simracer

Thanks for doing this again, I always like hearing about "behind the scenes" type stuff.

Alexandr66 and nate like this.
  16. TDS

TDS Alien

was a great Stream ;-) Thanks again!
    but was just too fast hehehe; humans... pfff, never satisfied.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  17. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

The most important thing IMO in this stream was the implementation of the system of brake temps. It's still w.i.p. and it will need further assignment of the single parameters of every car, but it's a great step forward for the simulator.

18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

They are good at pit stops just bad at finding the right tyres, actully pretty sure they also forgot the left ones. :D

cooknn likes this.
  19. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Great to hear about brake temps. Will add a further dimension to the driving.

20. ouvert

ouvert Alien

One hour of stream did better job and more good for community than two months of forum talks

Also it is amusing how different impression Stefano does on stream vs forum

Gj, thanx and keep 'em comming