1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Looking for videos of the new AI (mostly from its perspective)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by SlimCharles, May 31, 2017.

1. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

The title says it. I find videos of the AI but not from its perspective, that I find much more interesting than the videos from the perspective of the player. This is kind of the example I'm looking for:

I would thank a lot if some PC user can upload some videos about it. Also feel free to post any kind of video about the new AI ;)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Screens & Videos Encoding your ac movies in virtual dub [question]. post your best looking videos! Oct 17, 2014
    Screens & Videos Looking for people to make videos with + new ac video Aug 12, 2014
    ACC User Interface Looking for the view settings file Aug 8, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room looking for championship in belgium, france, england, italie Dec 22, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room Looking for a Streamer for ACF1 Formula 1 Championship Oct 11, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Lights in mirror looking ugly (just inside car) Sep 23, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Stuck looking at car on race start Aug 21, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Looking left and right Jun 17, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Newbie looking for guidance Jun 16, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Looking for part from Logitech G25 Jun 12, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room Indy 400 / Looking for Participants! (RSS) Jun 6, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room Starting a new ACC league, looking for members! May 26, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality VR impossible to get reliable and good looking grafics May 23, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Looking for a late night league in NA Mar 29, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions North American XBOX League looking for Commentators / Drivers- ACC 9th Gen Feb 25, 2022

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I can make a recording tomorrow. Which cars do you want to see in the race, which track and which car to follow? I guess you want cockpit-view?

pippo10, SlimCharles and Pip_-72- like this.
  4. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

If I may ....

BMW M3 E30 grA
    Nissan Nismo GT-R
    Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0
    Mercedes 190 EVO 2

As for the track .....

Zandvoort
    Red Bull Ring
    Highlands
    Spa
    Nurburgring GP GT

5. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Woah. You are gonna regret offering me that. :D

If you can, multiclass races:
    • LMP1/LMP2(if you have mods intalled)/GTE
    • Hyper (Laf, P1, 918), Super Cars or/and sportscars.
    Pick a track they will struggle to overtake, like Silverstone because its technical corners or Imola because its width.

Thanks a lot mate!

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Can you choose one of those tracks? :p My connection is terrible so uploading all that will take forever.

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Alright, ill do 3 recordings. Silverstone, Imola and whatever svenvangent choose. Which car do you want me to follow?

In the GTE class, do you want the two GT2 cars aswell?

Btw, how do I only spectate without actually driving myself? Or do I need to race, save the replay and record?

SlimCharles likes this.
  8. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

If you are gonna do both configurations, follow the fastest cars (Hypers and LMP1).

Yeah I think it will offer more variety in performance.

If you can do atleast one lap (driving the fastest cars of the grid) would be nice, to see how fast the AI is on lapping cars in comparison with a human.

9. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

One of these track kofotsjanne will be the one that you like the most to drive on .

kofotsjanne likes this.
  10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

@SlimCharles
    crap, i did a recording now but used lmp/gt3/gt2/gte. Didnt remember you only wanted to see GTE/GT2/LMP. I upload it anyway and post it here tomorrow, hopefully I will be able to do the other two videos too.

svenvangent likes this.
  11. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

No no, that is perfect, you don't need to do it again.

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Not from AI perspective but a video I made after 1.14 was released testing the AI.

Onboard my car

External tv cams only.

13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

AI point of view:

Aggression was set to 70, variance to 4, and difficult to 98.

edit: changed to correct values

Threw togheter a grid with supercars/fast road cars at Silverstone International. Uploading while writing this post but expect it "soon". :p

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  14. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

Fantastic

15. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

AI hyper/supercars @ Silverstone

GhostMan, svenvangent and SlimCharles like this.
  17. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Has the AI difficulty been reduced in a recent patch?, I can remember struggling on hard before, but now I am at least 2s a lap faster than alien AI on most combinations.

alex21212121 and svenvangent like this.
  18. Costas.H

Costas.H Rookie

Here is one of my videos. I don't know if it will be useful to you because the cars are both mods... I play with AI at 100% strength and 100% aggression.

GhostMan and SlimCharles like this.
  19. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

I hope this is not true :( that the AI are gonna be even slower ( 2 seconds ) with the new update that will come :( pffffff .
    I was expecting 2 seconds faster .

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  20. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Very interesting stuff. On the video of the LMP1 on imola they are very fast (so fast I doubt I would be better without cheating...) and some drivers lap other cars quite efficient. The fotage of the Toyota driver, and specially the overtake on 6:10 is bonkers. The 919 overtake to the Toyota on 1:15 is very good too. All the LMP1 take a lot of risk (couple of LMP1 almost loose control driving through there) and fly through Acque Minerale.

Some minor mistake would be that they need a bit more of field of view, as they pass Tosa, they try to overtake the GT cars by their left side and suddenly they have to brake because the driving line of the GT cars close the gap. All that with 98% of difficulty and 75% of agression. Yeah, definetly WEC races with the AI are going to be fun. And I don't think Imola would be suitable for top endurance racing in reality. Bokers stuff.

The hypers video is also very interesting. With almost the same power but no aerodynamics compared to the LMP1, races become more spectacular. They cut by the astroturf (or whatever that is) the last corner if they are battling (probably to not lower down the pace of the grid too much). Good to see that after a crash in 1:40 all the cars stop (some Huayra is even loosing control behind and manages to keep the car on track) and go back racing very efficiently. P1 fotage in the midle of the video shows that it cuts the sausage kerbs a lot, driving at the edge almost in every corner. It is also a bit afraid of overtaking the 488 in the main straight. Is what a predicted, in more technical tracks, they struggle a bit more. Here I believe they need a mayor level of agression compared to the LMP1.

I saw a bit of the Nords vid. Being a mod I don't know if that will happen to the official content, but they brake unnecessarely on schwalbenschwanz and hit the curb too much (there is a bug with that kerb that I don't know if it has been solved). The megane is also a bit "shy" when in tries to overtake.

Thanks again for uploading the videos! Can't wait until the update arrives on consoles.

Costas.H likes this.
  21. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien