1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Lotus Cup Special Event Alien Difficulty

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by UCANT-SCOPE-ME, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Hi guys !
    Was wondering if someone already got the gold medal on the lotus cup special event, cause i tried like 30 times, did a hundred of laps (imola) with different settings, and my best lap time is 1,59,8 so far BUT the IA is like 3 or 4 seconds ahead ! Kinda hard to beat, so im asking here to see if an Alien beat it XD thanks in advance guys, have a nice sunday :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Lotus Exige S/V6 Cup brake calipers skins templates Jun 17, 2016
    Screens & Videos Lotus Evora GX Cup May 17, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Lotus Exige V6 Cup engine limiter noise Apr 20, 2016
    Online Leagues / Championships room Sim League Lotus Cup Mar 26, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Er, where is the lotus exige v6 cup? Dec 27, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Acs.exe crashes loading lotus cup v6 @ spa Dec 14, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Lotus cup event impossible? Oct 25, 2015
    Chit Chat Room How to drive the lotus exige v6 cup car? Aug 23, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Lotus exige v6 cup lod tail lights Jul 2, 2015
    Liveries Lotus exige v6 cup donut king 2015 Feb 19, 2015
    Liveries Lotus 2-eleven - masaki abe - japan lotus 111cup Dec 30, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Lotus evora v6 cup steering radius dont match Nov 12, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues I can see smoke and dirt clouds through new lotus exige v6 cup dashmeter Oct 23, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Using the lotus v6 cup doesn't load up a session [setting ai cars only one skin doesn't start] Oct 22, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Lotus v6 cup, always spins out in the corner.. Oct 19, 2014

3. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Which lotus?

4. It's the lotus 240R , on Imola, it's a quick race in special events, and god damn IA is fast!!!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

5. Nobody tried it ? Curious to know if I'm the only one to be this slow xD

6. jayd_10

jayd_10 Gamer

I believe that event is broken. Somewhere in the past i guess it was possible if we look at this video from 2014. He win's doing just 2.04 xD. Your 1.59 is a very good time i think

It's impossible to follow the lotus 2 eleven, they are way much faster than our poor 240R. I guess that people beats this event by cheating in the chicanes and maybe that's the reason why nobody complains, but to me this event is a bug that the developers should check

UCANT-SCOPE-ME likes this.
  7. Yes, this event is straight up broken now, same on PC too. Been waiting for it to be fixed for over a year sadly!

8. Damn, that's rude xD.. thanks for your answer man, hope they will fix it one day..

9. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

I tried this on medium and the leader is lapping at 1:57.xxx. I can get down to 2:04.xxx, but that won't cut it. I have hotlapped the track to get my time down but to no avail.
    Odd that on easy, I can practically lap the opponents.
    The difficulty difference between easy and medium is wild

10. jayd_10

jayd_10 Gamer

Imagine in alien, wich is what you need to get gold :confused:

I have gold in all the events required for the trophy "You Are Special!" except for two: "A taste of the ring" and this one.

"A taste of the ring" i believe is "almost" impossible since you have to win with a GT3 a race in wich a GT2 starts on pole, and in alien difficulty... i easily win the others GT3 but to catch the GT2 is yet beyond my possibilities. But maybe it's not impossible.

But this one... is clearly impossible without cheating. As i say i've achieved gold in all the events but two, so i have experience and believe me when i say that this event is impossible. It's like trying to win an F1 race with a GP2.

What i believe is that maybe those events were easier time ago, but changes in the AI, tyre model updates etc have made these events maybe much harder that what devs intended when they created them long ago. I don't know

11. Please AC team, take a look at this event xD

jayd_10 likes this.
  12. Larryf1951

I just spent over an hour hotlapping imola in the 2 eleven and 240R. I was consistently 3 seconds faster in the 2 eleven. I left the setup alone with the exception of fuel, running the minimum in both cars.
    Two different cars. Same driver. Same track. 3 seconds different.
    And I ran multiple laps for more than twenty minutes before switching cars.
    I say this event has a bug. The given car cannot beat its competition.
    Please look into this @Lord Kunos and @AC_CM505

13. These are the two broken events driving me crazy too, you're not the only one. Kunos please fix on PC too, I love the special events but these two have been impossible ever since the AI was fixed!

14. By the way, nice channel and posts on YouTube Jayd :)

Im still waiting an update for those broken events... :(

15. jayd_10

jayd_10 Gamer

Thanks! :)

16. Stotty

Stotty Gamer

Both the Lotus and BMW race events are beatable... though not by fair means.

PM me if you'd like the solutions.

17. Larryf1951

If it can't be beaten by racing fairly, then it can't be beaten

Ravellron likes this.
  18. Stotty

Stotty Gamer

Then both events are impossible by your rules, including the platinum trophy on PS4.

For me, nothing is impossible ;)

Larryf1951 and UCANT-SCOPE-ME like this.
  19. Larryf1951

In hindsight, my comment looks snarky. I meant it to be ironic.
    Guess I forgot to add the :cool:

Stotty and UCANT-SCOPE-ME like this.
  20. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford Rookie

Hi all,

I'm a decent driver on PC. Not alien but getting better. The World Record on PC by a great driver is 1.59 7 ish and the next best are 2.00s
    I had a go initally and was doing low 2.04s which is better than the 2nd tier cars but not the front 2 cars. I read this and thought the challenge was impossible. Using default setup and lowering fuel, with practise i was able to do mid 2.01s .
    I had a couple of goes but just couldnt get a clean run as the ai are idiots and smash you up. So you need a good start. But if you can get to p3 before the end of the 1st laps and do high 2.01s you have a chance.
    In this video, I managed to complete the challenge. granted, I got a great start and on lap 3 ? the ai leader messed up, but really i just had a clean run and the pace on the ai.
    You notice my times getting worse but tbh, i was just nervy and didn't want to have to redo the challenge. so i tried to just manage the gap and get the job done which was pretty easy once in the lead.
    Hope this helps and gives you guys hope. I do agree that some challenges on alien are just way more difficult than others but once I saw that a guy could do 1.59 ... i knew this was possible. It really should be just for the aliens to achieve and i am more "front mid pack" on pc.

21. Not sure when but it's finally been patched (on PC at least)! There used to be two Lotus 2 elevens that were unbeatably quicker than the Lotus you're given, but they've been removed now. Happy days, thanks Kunos!