1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Make up your mind

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by de_Sas, Jul 22, 2017.

1. de_Sas

de_Sas Rookie

In the FAQ #3 forum rules i read: "Always check to see if someone else has posted the same issue. If so, please add your description on his thread."

but then there is the SHOUTING text at the bottom of every page that say's: "DON'T POST IN AN EXISTING THREAD, REPORTING "I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE!" and "PLEASE OPEN YOUR OWN THREAD!"

I'm confused now...

Esotic, Mogster, Solmyr and 1 other person like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Blows my mind how Game Developers are allow to... Jul 19, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Spa 12 Hour Endurance - RWB fundraiser for Mind mental health charity Sep 30, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Game continues to blow my mind Sep 21, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions T300RS Input Lag (solved in mind) Jul 29, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 30 fps open your mind Jun 26, 2020
    ACC Physics Friendly reminder that the MoTeC histograms are still bugged Jun 6, 2020
    ACC General Discussions A quick blast on AC reminded me how good ACC is Jun 30, 2019
    ACC General Discussions What’s great in ACC so far! (A reminder thread) Jun 4, 2019
    ACC Physics Who has changed their mind about ACC FFB? May 5, 2019
    Screens & Videos What going on in a Sim-racers mind? edited version Oct 1, 2017
    Online Leagues / Championships room What's going on in a Sim-racers mind? Sep 30, 2017
    Bug reports Reminder - Console Customer Support Sep 26, 2017
    Suggestions Car Setup Save Reminder Jan 6, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Thunderhill Raceway reminds me of a modern Riverside Dec 1, 2016
    Console Lounge REMINDER - Community Behavior Nov 6, 2016

3. de_Sas

de_Sas Rookie

Maybe i should have posted this in the Suggestion section :rolleyes:

4. Mogster

Mogster Alien

As I see it if you want a support reply to your issue then that's more likely if you start your own thread rather than burying it in an existing 20 page thread.

Sometimes a "I'm seeing this also" is all that's required though... You've got to decide for yourself.

jaxx_za and de_Sas like this.
  5. leon_90

leon_90 Hardcore Simmer

Your confusion is born out of the fact that these statements came in two very different periods of time.
    The former, about not opening a new topic but using an existing one, was applicable in the early days, let's say up until late 2014- early 2015, when we where relatively few yet and on just one platform. The latter, about opening new topics and not cluttering existing ones, came later, when the forum became overcrowded and overpopulated, and the title was also avalaible on three different platforms. To avoid confusion and mess, it was then asked to post single topics when it came to issues of any sort.

In conclusion, the second statement is what is valid to this day. The first one is no longer valid. Better now? ;)
    (yes, forum rules need an update)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    de_Sas likes this.
  6. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Racer

Common sense always prevail... no one will burn you in a stick if you post something in the wrong part of the forums... Present your case, wait for response, good luck solving your issue.

de_Sas and Mogster like this.
  7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

That statements been there since PC early access.

8. Ischemica

Ischemica Hardcore Simmer

"Confused" would probably be a better thread title than "make up your mind".;)

Jebus likes this.
  9. leon_90

leon_90 Hardcore Simmer

Which one? First yes, second one no. It came much later

10. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Makes sense, back then they needed as much feedback from as many people on issues so that they could have a wider view on the problems at hand. But fast forward to now, they don't really want people going around necro-ing 3 year old threads so creating a new thread makes it more efficient. Even so, I'd suggest first looking at the older threads to see if the problem the person is having is already fixed, and if he couldn't find a fix then just make a new thread instead of posting in the older one. Works just fine. :p

leon_90 likes this.