1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Manual H-Shifter with clutch cars are much more fun to drive than the paddle shifters

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by dkwuan, May 24, 2017.

1. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I have mine th8a on table and it is fine .. Higher than in most real cars but not causing any discomfort ... Than as handbrake or seq it is in perfect position .. or you can try to mount it on your chair

2. St3fan

St3fan Alien

How much resistance do you get when you use it as handbrake?

3. ouvert

ouvert Alien

not much ... I guess main advatage is that it is analogue ... I usualy just use it as handbrake in seq. mode as I`m lazy to transform it and set it in drivers to handbrake ...

4. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

Has anyone found a way to improve the gate on a logtech G25 shifter? I am liking using the manual gear selection (MX5 Cup racing at Brands with new AI is a blast!) but find the gate a bit "loose"

I would also like to use it for a trip-tronic box but with clutch but I understand you can not configure it that way?

Salute
    Friar

5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

By trip-tronic you mean sequential/paddle shift cars? In that case, no you can't, the clutch is automatic, just like in reality.

6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

With the default launcher I don't know an easy way to allow the sequential shifter to be used (without changing the control inputs).

With Content Manager though you could create multiple control presets, a default one and one set up for sequential mode.
    You can then choose a car-specific controls preset to be used for every car, though this would only make sense for those cars with a sequential stick. (or all sequential and flappy paddle cars if that's what you like)

Another option might be with Content Manager (haven't actually tried).
    CM allows a KB button alongside the wheel to be used for the sequential up-/downshift, so select two KB buttons for it and then map both the sequential shifter and the wheel shifter paddles to those two buttons with a Joy2Key software, then you can use either version without the need to switch.

There are sequential/paddle shifted cars with a manual clutch, like modern F1, GT3, GT2.
    Though you only use the clutch to get the car rolling, not for the actual shifting.

7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I thought with trip-tronic he was referring to street cars, although I'm not familiar with the term.

Apart from that, it is recommended to use the clutch on the MC12 IRL, iirc.
    But yes, most of the race cars with a sequential gear box do have a manual clutch.

8. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I took the 'tip-tronic' part as the sequential mode of the G25 shifter where you can switch between H-pattern and sequential, although those aren't individual buttons, but the up movement triggers the same button as gear 1 and the down movement the one for gear 2 of the H-pattern mode.

It would be easier/better if Logitech would use individual buttons for each.

But I don't think there's a way to reduce the play/slack of the shifter itself.

9. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

sorry chaps, by "trip-tronic" it was a bad attempt at describing the feature of the G25 shifter where you can change from an H-gate to a locked up and down (for use on cars that have a manual gear box and not paddle shifts)

So what I was trying to achieve was a way round the "loose" gate of the G25 but still having to use the clutch, which seems is not possible.

Salute
    Friar

10. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

No, I think for H-shifter cars you either have to use the H-pattern with manual clutch (or optinal auto-clutch as driving aid) or using the paddles but with forced auto-clutch and iirc forced throttle cut.

11. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Rookie

I have an old G25 that I've opened and cleaned and fixed on several occasions due to it's less than stellar internals - broken wires etc. The H gate is very loose and toy like but there are ways to strengthen it and get a better feel and throw of the shifter arm.
    There is a spring mod that places a spacer into the shifter arm spring that tightens the side to side movement and the up/down too. It is a cheap fix and is easy to do but is very tricky to reassemble the whole unit due to the increased pressure on the spring and ball bearing. Go to Youtube and find the G25 shifter mod video for instructions on how to do the mod. Much easier and surprisingly effective is the rubber band around the gear stick trick. Get the heavy rubber bands that are used for produce in the supermarket - or a few - and wrap around the two tightening rods on the shifter body and the shifter rod. If you criss-cross some lighter bands around the arm, you can adjust the tension to the point that it will require effort to get into gear. Also, I have velcro around the inside edge of the of the H Gate opening to kill the clacky sound of the gear changes. This too, helps provide a bit of resistance to the movements of the shifter.

12. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Heusinkveld showed a prototype of their H-Shifter at the Simracing Expo:

Svend from Heusinkveld said that they did the setup at the Expo such that it matches old F1 cars like the one that is driven in the video (no idea which one that is).
    They also gave the info that the 7+1 is not yet final and will depend on the feedback from the testers and that there are adjustable springs.
    Especially it is possible to adjust the resistance for the outer right positions (usually gear 7 and R) independently.

No info so far on price and ETA.

Tim Meuris likes this.