1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Marty's aussie minorating public servers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by martcerv, Dec 29, 2014.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Hi Guys I have been running servers for a bit but never really had a place of contact for those that dont know me. I will use this thread to give server info and rules expectations of drivers to allow them to maintain access.

As many know public servers can be a real mess and so in order to give those that want to race clean and fair with others for some casual fun without being effected by the worst of the general public I need a pretty brutal kick policy. On my servers there is no prize for winning and surely no prize for first corner heroes, there is a prize for bad driving and wreckers which is a permanent ban. If your good enough to make a move then good if your not and cause accidents then you may lose your access to all my servers.

The servers are based in Sydney Australia and I like to mix up the content a bit, its open for all good clean and fair drivers. Anyone that cant play nice or fair will get booted and banned, here they can contact me if they think they were done wrong and deserve a second chance. Everyone makes mistakes and I dont ban people for one off errors unless they show they aren't in control and also its likely I may make an error at times with the kicks. The AC mp numbers have greatly improved which is nice but along with this there is a high percentage of poor driving standards which will not let you stay on the server for very long.

Aids on server are usually either factory ABS only or no aids at all.

What is expected of the drivers on the server.

1. Don't be a hazard for all others, these servers are just for some fun clean racing. It doesn't matter how fast or slow you are as long as you are in control of the car and not causing regular contact. The general standards of a high percentage of drivers is very bad so I need to be pretty strict on kicking anyone that is effecting all others in a negative way.

2. Respect all others on track, give racing room and dont run people off the road. Watch traffic on pit exit and avoid effecting others hotlaps when your on an out-lap in qualy, if your not involved in the race a lap down or so stay out of everyone's way causing any incidents when not in the actual race may get you banned. Exiting pits mid race and causing accidents is likely to also win you a ban. If going off track rejoin with care making sure not to effect others with your re entry. If stopping to pit do it well off track anyone stopping on the racing line will be warned or banned. Using this track map app will make it much easier to see where other cars are and allow you to enter track safely without effecting others. https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...k-map-display-v1-12-update-for-ac-1-0rc.9225/

3. Observe track limits, the penalties are now back on after 1.1 set to 3 tyres out. The current system deals with cutters quite well and makes people try atay on track better.

Still you may get a slowdown penalty for a mistake. This is just tough luck as you should try to stay on track and if going off track you must re enter safely. Never come back on at full speed, notice you got a penalty then slam on the brakes midle of track. If I see this you will likely be banned instantly. You should slow down off track then rejoin when safe. Rejoining and causing accidents is not good.

4. Give racing room and avoid contact as much as possible. Accidents happen in racing sure but only bad drivers have them all the time. You cant drive through the car ahead you must go around them which is obvious but seems to be something many dont understand. Start of race you may need to brake earlier then normal as there will be traffic ahead causing regular start crashes will get you banned. If its your first lap in the combination dont go flat out into t1 use some common sense. In racing if someone is alongside leave them enough space, this means you most likely need to slow more then normal as you have less track to use if someone is inside or outside. Most common is start of race where you should hold your lane unless you know its clear.

5. Ping and net quality, if your seeing everyone warping then its most likely just you. Check your ping and net quality at the bottom left of the screen. If this is climbing it causes issues in AC so a ping starting at 50 going over 100 may be worse then a solid 400 ping. If everyone is warping around for you please leave or you may be kicked if you are a hazard to all others. I would rather just kick and not ban for this but atm this isnt possible. If you are a hazard on track you will be kicked so be aware of this. If you have a very high ping in general best to stay away, any pings I see over 350 I will watch the car run a few laps if its not stable enough it may be banned.

6. Dont stay in server if your not intending to race, as is atm any cars without drivers at the wheel will still be placed on the grid. This means they will not go anywhere if your not at the wheel, this is the main cause of startline accidents. There is a bug in game where if you join while sessions are changing you may be placed on the grid but not see the lights. In this case you cant go anywhere so best to exit server and rejoin to avoid your car being stuck on grid all race. If a car is stuck on grid for an entire race it may get kicked which also means a ban. Any car that is left unattended for mulitple races will be banned.

7. My servers are not DRIFT servers, if you come on drifting and getting in anyones way or holding up anyone you will be banned.

If you got banned and think it was unfair and deserve a seconds chance.

Make a post here or send me a pm, I will need your racing name and steam GUID. This can be found the race ini file located here. \Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg best to send this info via PM rather then showing everyone this game ID.

[REMOTE]
    SERVER_IP=##########
    SERVER_PORT=######
    REQUESTED_CAR=bmw_z4_gt3
    NAME=Marty Cerven
    TEAM=
    PASSWORD=
    GUID=7656############
    ACTIVE=0

People that agree to drive within the standards and rules I expect will be allowed re entry, I may then observer your car if I ever see your in the server and if you get banned again a 3rd chance is less likely.

If you see others on server driving in a way that shouldn't be allowed on a clean fair drivers server.

Post a full replay file of the session here and let me know who and why you think they should be banned. Most of the time I wont be on the servers so others reporting trouble makers can help clean the standards up some more. I need the full replay rather then just a short edit of it as these could be cut to make things appear different to how they were with a selective cut. If you compress a replay file with winrar even a 500MB file will become only about 100MB. Then just host it at a free file share service and I will try and look at incidents as soon as I can.

Minorating filters and grading

All my servers are now running Minorating on them, this is a server side plugin so people don't need to install anything. Simply jump into a server that accepts your current MR level and have fun. For more info on Minorating go here http://www.minorating.com/ and also check out this great write up by @Hagen giving you all you need to know about Minorating and how best to drive fairly in any server.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...d-unable-to-join-servers-tagged-mr-abc.28370/

Here is the basic rundown of the grading and these will be named in the server name, I will mostly cater for clean drivers so A+B but C and N will also get a go on some of the servers as obviously people need to run enough laps at N rating in order to get graded.

Grade A
    exemplary racing skill
    You are able to race and fight bumper to bumper with enormous discipline and consistency.
    This is proven in a huge amount of dense fights on the track.

As a member of Grade A or B you are listed in the performance rating system.

Grade B
    clean racer

You are considered as a gentleman and are able to actually race others for several laps. Racing accidents may happen, but it's a pleasure to drive with you.
    How to improve to Grade A: Consistency and clean fighting.

As a member of Grade A or B you are listed in the performance rating system.

Grade C
    Rookie

You may prefer driving alone or just have bad luck often, but you're doing ok.
    How to improve to Grade B: Practice to be able to hold the pace while avoiding collisions by all means. You will need some meters in range of other cars - without kissing them.

Grade D
    not clean

You have been involved in quite many collisions. Probably not your fault all the time, but usually this can be improved on both sides.
    Make sure you know the car and the track, and be able to drive a few laps without losing control before getting online. Be careful and treat others with respect.

Grade W
    deliberate Wrecker beyond doubt

You have been identified as Wrecker. More collisions than kilometers driven, actually you probably should see if you can't find your luck in some other area than a racesim.
    IF you really want to improve, find resources (will link some here) and - even more important - ask people. A majority will be glad to help out.

Grade N
    Not listed (or new)

You may be unknown to the Rating system. Currently it can't tell anything about you, so you need to do some laps before you eventually receive a "real" grade. 40km are enough, that's around 10-15laps.

Here is how the servers will be named though grade filtering will likely be adjusted.

upload_2015-8-18_0-52-29.png

Stracker/Ptracker
    Servers are all running Stracker again the link to the http for laptimes and results can be found here.

http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapstat

If you want access to more timing info ingame you can download ptracker below, this will also give stracker more info regarding your laptimes.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...er-v3-0-fix-network-bandwidth-problems.13169/

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions Need Your Help Guys - AussieStig May 18, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room AUSSIE KIWI AC, ACC LEAGUE Mar 14, 2019
    Screens & Videos AK Racing [PC] | Live Streaming & Video [Aussie & Kiwi Assetto] Jun 10, 2018
    XBox One Discussions Aussie and Kiwi Wednesday night races Jan 24, 2018
    Suggestions V8 supercars & Aussie tracks Jul 13, 2017
    General modding discussion Aussie smoke mod Aug 8, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Aussie bmw m235i series starts next week. May 1, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Friday night fun for aussie/nz racers. Feb 26, 2015
    3D car models Aussie car mods (ford/holden)?? Jan 8, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Fanatec csw v2 code give away (aussie store only) (exp 31/03/2015) Jan 4, 2015
    3D car models Aussie racing cars request Dec 22, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Aussie leagues. Oct 16, 2014

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I will also use this thread to have suggestions for what people would like to race, formats of the server's etc. There will always be minimum aids available as thats how I prefer to drive, longer races would be nice but as is atm allowing people to enter mid race it gets bad enough over 6 or 7 laps with lapped cars and non race traffic. If we can close pitlane in a future build then Id like to run longer races on my servers, I will also run some mod content along with links to any mods and skins use on the server in this thread.

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Reserved

5. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

Marty, great points, rules seem fair. Love your servers, not much to play on in my region with a reasonable ping and in a similar time zone. Probably some of the best racing I've ever had in AC has been on your servers. I particularly like what you have been doing recently mixing up road cars so faster drivers can handicap themselves with a slower or trickier to drive car.

Longer races I'd prefer too, but not being able to close the pit-lane, I agree stick to shorter races for the time being but I'd love to do a 15 lap or 20 lap race especially on the shorter tracks when it becomes feasible. One other thought is have long quali periods as it attracts people onto the server, and never both with practices if you can just have long qualis. Agree with minimum or no aids, and possibly reflect what Radiator Springs Timing is/will be doing in its PRO settings so that if you set a fast lap in race it is recorded with their app accurately.

Thanks! :)

6. Justin Cruze

Justin Cruze Racer

Thanks Marty, I think the way you've been running the servers has been very conducive to good clean racing.
    I've been having a blast :D

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Good points Luigi, always had fun racing with you and the netcode has been getting much better that your connection seems as good as most local guys. Even solid 300 ping can be good but then there are people with not very stable connections that seem to warp and this can be pings in the 70's or more. Many US guys get pings 180-270 and these are fine to race even in faster cars assuming they race clean and fair.

Longer races Id like to do but pitlane is the issue, there will rarely be 5 or 6 of 24 starters finish even a 10 lap race. So many of these will wreck then pit also new guys jump in and so it just becomes a mess. For longer races sure Id run much longer qualy session let a few more jump in run some laps then get ready for a race. Could be like a 30 min qualy and 30 min race which would cycle close to one each hour but really not doable in public with the open pits.

Thanks Justin, there is a real bad rep about public server racing but its mostly the people not the game/sim or netcode. If people treat it like a crash fest anything goes its really no fun for anyone but the wreckers. Even these guys get bored soon enough but there are plenty of good clean fair drivers all over the place that want somewhere they can have some fun casual racing. But using real driving standards and just respecting everyone else, I think its pretty selfish of those that don't care if they make the experience worse for the entire server.

Ive had lots of great racing there and some pretty epic battles with quite a few guys even better then many league races.

To anyone that doesnt agree with the driving standards expected then no point even entering the server's. There are plenty of others around and nothing stopping people from running their own. Its much easier to run one start it and never go in but sadly due to the averages about 30% or more tend to cause a bit of chaos that ruins it for all others. This means the 70% have nowhere to race because the few bad sports make it impossible to get around the track.

8. Can you please ban a guy called "Marty". I don't like the cut of his jib.

Dick Forrest and martcerv like this.
  9. Rudski

Rudski Alien

10. Thanks for the server, Marty. I have just had a couple of enjoyable races at Spa in the BMW Z4 GT3.

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

No worries Chris was a couple good ones but has got pretty ordinary atm. Sadly it looks like a never ending battle but at least it shows Kunos are doing quite well. I have had to add 75 names to the banlist which was reset with v1 which is pretty sad, but surely the zombie hordes cant be never ending.

Thanks I will take a look and also post a couple examples of what is far from acceptable and just to show the sort of things these 75 bans have been for.

12. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Thanks for the servers, I'm playing from China (mostly on weekends) and after 1.0 I noticed that even if my ping is not fantastic I see no warping. A miracle!

One great piece of advice for everybody that you gave and I repeat: always turn on track map (the default AC track map will do), and also the big F11 mirror. It really gives much more awareness on what's going on around you.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I just checked the replay and cant ban the guy over his race, yes the move on you was not good and he was in error but seeing his entire race even though he was in a couple collisions he actually wasn't as bad a driver. His stop was a regular racing stop to fix damage and even though a lap down its not always easy to tell the leaders. I tend to flash lights at people and most get the hint but you just need to be extra aware. Only if he saw blue flags would there be a real issue and the contact itself is entirely his fault but still a racing incident not a deliberate act. He has raced fairly clean with a few others during the race with a couple spins and offs. He tried to stay on track limits at all times which is much better then a good percentage of what I saw there the last hour tonight. Thanks for posting this and thats the main reason I want to see entire replays as even though the collision was his fault and he came out of the pits he didnt escape out after a crash then rejoin but did a regular stop not many do.

Atm Im more trying to clean up guys blatantly cutting every part of track, doing donuts on track driving backwards. Repeated dive bombs and just not caring at all about anyone else on track, I wouldnt rate that guy at the level of must go yet but seeing I have kicked quite a few it will give you a hint of how bad some people are. I will record a couple video examples showing how bad some are 2 I just dont know wtf they were doing and you will see how much worse then your incident it was.

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Here is what I came across while being out front of a full server with 24 cars at SPA. So I just stopped in front of them and they continued on till I kicked one, I checked the replay came back and kicked the other one as they were both being a complete nuisance.

Here is one from a few days ago was only a small field but even with guys that had fairly high pings much more the standard expected.

Here the end of a recent league race.

15. That guy in the first video needs to be banned from the internet, never mind your server. That was a disgraceful display of selfishness.

16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its pretty sad, I try to name the servers in a clear way so people know whats expected. Maybe most people cant read but that spa server in gt cars sadly is a bit of a nightmare. That sort of stuff is just so common I find myself needing to babysit more then actually drive it. It appears many people buy a race sim purely to get plesure from ruining it for as many people as possible.

In a race if I am in it and see such crap I just need to stop and start kicking these fools to give others some chance of having a race without such people. If I dont then it just turns to crap, the amount of people parking on track purely to cause accidents is also quite a surprise.

I hope that there cant be so many idiots around and eventually banning them should clean things up. Looks like a never ending battle atm. It would be nice the day when I dont need to ban anyone.

Also if anyone is banned but a fair driver let me know. I had to kick quite a few that left their cars in the server while away. Likely they were fine drivers but leaving cars parked on the start just causes totel chaos. Parked cars on the grid is a nightmare so please guys if your not going to race please just get out of the server.

Christopher Low likes this.
  17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

On the servers I am running some mod content atm with the servers being

#1 Spa running 458, F40, Mp4-12C and RUF Yellowbird. Only Aid Factory ABS full damage, 12 minute qualy and 6 Lap race.

#2 Barbagallo running Abarth 500 s1 & BMW M3 E30. Factory ABS full damage, 12 min qualy and 7 lap race
    Get the track from here https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/barbagallo-raceway-v1-2.18110

#3 Silverstone-National in the Nissan Primera BTCC, No Aids, 12 min qualy and 8 lap race.
    Get the car from here https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...fix-version-0-2a-rim-tire-template-added.2372

#4 Baskerville running BMW M3GT2, 458 GT2, Z4 GT3, MP4 GT3 and SLS GT3. Factory ABS only, 12 min qualy and 7 lap race.
    Get the track from here https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...lia-scratch-built-project-v0-6-released.13822

18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Ran some laps on the Barbagallo server and was great, didnt have many max of 11 when I had cars split m3 and abarth with all in m3. I found it to be about 1.4 quicker there so I changed it to just m3. Did a few races with a great bunch of racers and no issues at all, everyone clean and fair which was much better then the Spa GT's. Fun cars to run around that great mod track too well worth giving it a go for those that havent, only 7 turns so easy to learn but tricky to master and provides some great racing.

Seem theworst drivers dont get mod tracks, I did see a few regular guys that didnt get in due to a checksum missmatch. Dont worry you havent been kicked maybe just have an older version of the track.

19. I don't have any mods installed at the moment, so I am stuck when servers have added content! Not your fault of course, but I just prefer to stick to the official stuff for the moment. As for your comment regarding ending your own race just to kick someone, that is something that I did a few times on the Gamers Crib GT Legends servers when I had admin access to server commands. Removing them just seemed more important than finishing the race.

20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Fair enough with the mods, I will change the gt server over to an official track as nobody has gone on that. They are always popular though most work as admin. :D

We just ran the Nissan BTCC mod at the 3 silverstone layouts on a one off fun league night and it was some awesome racing. It definatly isnt really into mods but really some of them are top notch the ones I have up atm would be very close to kunos quality and there are a few others your really missing out not trying. After all the cobra started out as a 3rd party mod and got bought in by Kunos with quite a few guys doing some amazing stuff.

21. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Good to see this little experiment is turning out quite well, did some running in a full server at Nurburgring sprint in the stock m3 e30. Overall quite impressed by the standard and quite a few races with no t1 incidents. Here is the first 2 laps of one race, to show public server racing doesnt need to be a dissaster. There were maybe 15 or so locals and the others from other parts with pings from 20 to 350.

Here is a static cam showing most of the field for the first 2 laps. The one guy running wide at t1 was a friend whos connection sometimes lags. So he was going off track to avoid laggining into others.

A couple bumps here and there but for public servers this is pretty darn good I think. One guy was removed after the race as I saw him cause multiple incidents and also friends on teamspeak saw him do even more. I checked the full replay and he was just way too much of a hazard so he was banned.

This other video is viewing my car starting at the back of the pack, I do this quite a bit to keep an eye on people and also to get some practice passing people. The general standard at the back of pack is normally worse then at the front. But here it was quite fine in most races last nite, there was the odd nuisance that came in but they stood out more as everyone else was doing quite well. I did get a broken windscreen from the tiny tap on my rear bumper into the last chicane but that is just a silly game bug. A tiny tap like that should not break a windscreen or cause aero damage. :D

It shows that there are more then enough guys that want to race normally and can do so. Once you weed out the bad eggs most can have some pickup server fun.

TrenchcoatNinja likes this.