1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Max verstappen joins us

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by DomD, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Avoletta

Avoletta Simracer

- missing aero forces dependency on body slip angle
    - wrong modeling of tire adherence vs vertical load
    - physics engine unable to work with extreme spring/antiroll rates
    - problematic behaviour on kerbs for cars with high suspension rates and reasonable tire damping ratios.

All this issues become more and more relevant for cars with high aero loads, low mass and stiff suspension...

2. misterbeam

misterbeam Hardcore Simmer

Well, i don't want to turn this thread into an OT :D

I was just defending a mod that i participated to :)

EDIT: well since avoletta answered, i will just paste what i was writing :D

I few words:
    Modern openwheelers can be very stiff ... i mean extremly stiff, springs and ARBs (dampers as well)! and AC has an engine limitations that doesn't allow using high rates (causes weird bugs)!
    Interactive aerodynamics physics is a must for an openwheeler, rear aero depends on what's happening at the front and the rear not only the rear! and vice versa (interaction between front wing and diffuser for example)
    Tyre model is not well explained and needs more variables to be added, to get realistic grip and temperatures/pressure behaviour! it's more than enough for road cars and semislick tyres ... but, youcan't cook accurate slicks with it.

Lack of setup options possibilities in general.

snyperal and Associat0r like this.
  3. Apparently that part is harcoded into the engine.

Avoletta likes this.
  4. Avoletta

Avoletta Simracer

Yes it is (checked now) and I think it's a pretty clever solution.
    My bad.

5. Associat0r

Associat0r Gamer

Sideslip characteristics vary wildly, which you can't accurately model with a generic solution, unless you're doing a CFD simulation.
    You need to have control over it.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    hexagramme likes this.
  6. You won't really find data at all about such thing anyway. I've only seen data of one car, and it only covers up to 5 deg of yaw. I asked to another physics developer some time ago and told me pretty much the same.

7. Associat0r

Associat0r Gamer

Aero sideslip is vital to oval racing from which I assume that data is more readily available and at more extreme angles. Also lots of data is said to be hard to come by for the average joe, but that's no excuse to have those capabilities lacking if the goal is to be a proper race sim that can be taken seriously by real race teams who might have that data.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    hexagramme likes this.
  8. You would be surprised how much stuff is "guessed", even from your favourite sim.

Sorry Dom for the OT, we should talk about Max instead :D

ears1991 likes this.
  9. speeddrifter

speeddrifter Hardcore Simmer

10. He looked like he was sim racing at Spa ;)

snyperal likes this.
  11. JeDa

JeDa Rookie

12. bob76

bob76 Racer

13. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Promoting. I think team redline doesn't race/practice for pcars races. Which of course doesn't mean Max doesn't play Pcars, just that Playseat is commercially linked to project cars, so when Max went to their place, they could only use pcars for promotion.

14. muscimol

muscimol Gamer

15. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

hmmm, he knew already that move on ericson was going to stick
    still bloody awesome

16. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

impressive driving.

17. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Is there a same kind of tournaments for simracing as there's for, for example, CS:GO? I mean where all players are in the same place. Or how for example WC races that Greger Huttu has won was organized?

18. misterbeam

misterbeam Hardcore Simmer

Greger rarely leaves home according to some well known video :D

19. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Heh yeah. That made me thinking about it in the first place. But also I'm wondering how much time or will Max Verstappen would have to travel around the world simracing on top of his F1 duties.

20. muscimol

muscimol Gamer

He once won Intel GP Masters. The race, was held as part of the Intel Extreme Masters tournament at CeBIT in Hannover in 2011 - Huttu Tops iRacing.com Intel GP Series World Final | iRacingNews.com.

As for the iRacing World Championship there is a bit of information here:
    http://wcs.iracing.com/iracing-grand-prix-world-championship-series/
    People are driving directly from their homes but the events are watched by the stewards and broadcasted.

Jebus likes this.