1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY does it still work

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Or the value is irrelevant since AC moved to triple buffered VSync.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Question about maximum_frame_latency = (0 or 1) & sli Aug 11, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Maximum_frame_latency Aug 2, 2014
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC User Interface View settings doesn't get saved anymore [A/V intervention] Mar 9, 2024
    ACC General Discussions GT4... but does the bop exist? Dec 29, 2023
    ACC Physics Asphalt temperature does not change tire temperature and pressure Dec 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Does xbox one version become x/s optimised version? Nov 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting game does not start or even launch Nov 19, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tyres doesn't change in pit Oct 8, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Does anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals DDoes anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Cheating, does it happen, is it possible on Xbox Sep 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Changing steer lock doesn't work with Thurstmaster TS-XW Aug 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Fresh Windows 11 install and ACC does not start! Jun 28, 2023
    Audio Bugs & Issues Sound doesn't work on my speakers Jun 25, 2023

3. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Is this a question?

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Yes, question for devs.

5. AC is not triple buffered on PC right now, unless the driver is overriding the behavior.

Similar things can be said about MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY setting, the value is passed to the driver, what a particular driver on a particular architecture is doing with that information is anybody's guess.

6. rycil

rycil Simracer

A question that always bothers me:
    Do we need to turn this to 1 or 0 to reduce the input lag?

7. try setting it to 2

8. liakjim

liakjim Alien

For real?

9. 2 is better than 1, and 1 is better than none, right? (and it is a prime number)

10. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Michael, don't be silly. 1 is also a prime number, in case you forgot.

0= whatever the driver is set to
    N= N amount of frame latency (pre rendered frames) (Unless the driver overrides the setting)

So, long story short, set it to the minimum amount in drivers, and leave it at 1 in the .ini, just to be sure! :)

11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Maximum pre-rendered frames in Nvidia controll panel - use 3d application setting, 1, 2, 3 or 4? I guess its not 4, 3 or 2 but 3d application or 1? :)

12. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Yes, 3d application will use whatever you set in the .ini, any number will override what youy set in the .ini. Set 1 in driver and i in .ini and you're double safe.

Pre rendering should be burned! BURNED, I say!

13. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Looks like that I have to do another test with my (not really) high speed camera (100fps).
    So driver at default , vsync on and 0,1,2.

marcinmarcin79 and GRFOCO like this.
  14. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

No, 1—by definition—is not a prime number.

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  16. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

A prime number is only divisible by itself and one. 1/1=1. Look it up. :)

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Why don't you? 1 is excluded explicitly from being a prime number …

There are very good reasons for doing that, one of them (not necessarily the most important one) being that prime number factorization wouldn't be exact (disregarding permutations).

18. rycil

rycil Simracer

19. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

When was it taken away, any plans to add it back?
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...and-dream-pack-2-available.27206/#post-556522

LeDude83 likes this.
  20. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I stand corrected. :)

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

grat likes this.
  21. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Guys I did a test using my phone , on slow recording. It records at 100fps, not much. but it's something.
    The test, was always at vsync=on, uncapped, 1080p, 60fps.
    Nvidia driver at default.

I tested MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY =0 , 1, 2

Here is the video

I counted the frames for the virtual hand to appear moving.

Results
    MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=0 (38frames)
    MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=1 ( 27 frames)
    MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=2 ( 34 frames)

So it seems that MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=1, does indeed helps with nsync=on

@Lord Kunos