1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

McLaren 650s GT3 low downforce Setup

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ascara, May 13, 2018.

1. Ascara

Ascara Rookie

Hello Petrolheads,

I am driving in a SimRacing league for a while now and I am doing pretty good so far. For this year GT3 Season I choosed the McLaren 650s GT3. It seems that the car is under rear aero 6 so much more slippery and nearly undriveable. It is like the car falls from a cliff downforce wise. Any suggestions to sort that out on setup? Pls don´t just say drive more aero, on tracks like Monza or Daytona you can´t run high-aero-specs.

I should say that I am not new to build setups and just wanted to have some ideas from the wide community.

Have a good one,

Sören Kröhl

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars McLaren 650s - livery and driver bug Nov 5, 2019
    ACC Physics Mclaren 650s GT3 Sep 22, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars [1.0.7] McLaren 650S GT3 dashboard lights for ignition and headlights Sep 1, 2019
    ACC Physics McLaren 650s GT3 Jul 1, 2019
    Audio Bugs & Issues odd issue with Mclaren 650s sound Feb 25, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues TOE Mclaren 650s at SPA default setup Aug 28, 2017
    Screens & Videos McLaren 650S gt4 vs Lister Storm gt Apr 15, 2017
    Sounds modding [AudioLoids] McLaren MP4/12C GT3 & McLaren 650S GT3 Jan 9, 2017
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa Mclaren 650S GT3 at Monza - 1:48.850 Nov 7, 2016
    XBox One Discussions Issue: McLaren 650S GT3 overheating reartires Sep 7, 2016
    Liveries Scuderia Smiraglia Mclaren 650s (versione 666) Apr 30, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues tires on virtual mirror mclaren 650s gt3 Feb 22, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Car Set-ups Mclaren 12c to 650s Jan 21, 2016
    Liveries Mclaren 650s gt3 teo martin motorsport Dec 28, 2015
    Liveries Mclaren 650s gt3 von ryan racing british gt 2015 Dec 26, 2015

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I would've said check the aero balance via dev wings app but... the default "safe" setup has rear wing at 4 and is pretty stable at Monza (and produces a ton of downforce). If anything under 6 is undrivable perhaps you should backtrack what other changes on the setup made it such for you.

4. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I'm having the same issue. It can do good times on 1-6 wings but it's almost impossible to overtake. I haven't had much time to test recently, but I'd start by setting the rear end to be low and soft to compensate for the lack of aerodynamic grip.

5. If it's loose on the corner entry play with coast diff. locks and rear rebound damping.