1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

McLaren P1 LM (road-legal P1 GTR) Nürburgring laptime

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Epistolarius, May 26, 2017.

1. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

It is amazing how the car is jumping everywhere, most impressive take off for me at 2:44

2. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yep, pretty crazy. What could it be? Was the car not set up well, or are the downforce figures BS (660kg at 150mph for P1 GTR, 40% increase over that in P1 LM?), downforce balance isn't there, or the tyres are just really not up to the task, or...

All in all seems like the car could be a lot quicker.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  3. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Maybe thats because car is very stiff and that hump is rather significant at that speed. There were many places when it was jumping like that. Maybe it has some lift aero figures too. Not enough front downforce ? There were so many crazy moments in that lap, another one - 3:33 front swerving a lot undil he brakes. Very light at the front ? It is scary to watch haha

4. RS10

RS10 Simracer

Oh it's only fair to compare those cars, even if one of them is somehow road legal - both are 'extreme' versions of a Hypercar (P1 or Zonda) where the LM is an even more advanced (or 'tuned' if you want) version of the P1 GTR, Pagani however never did a laptime with the Revolución which was an improved/upgraded Zonda R.

This is the only valid point to make where the cars differ, the P1 however still had custom (just about) 'road legal' Pirelli Trofeo tyres with a 'specific compound' (quote) so the difference probably isn't that huge.

So it's not like apples and oranges (even though it's also fair to compare those and i don't like this idiom) ... it's apples and a bit more sticky apples ...
    [Whether this means that the Zonda R was great for it's time or that the current Hypercars are already very close to their extreme counterparts is another topic tho]

And there can be no discussion about which one sounds better (it's not the P1)

5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Speak for yourself.

6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I love this post. Aris could definitely write a book on car handling some day, and it would be a best seller among books for car enthusiasts. I think a lot of things which Aris wrote there could be applied to what we see in this P1 onboard lap video.

Racing_34 and Epistolarius like this.
  7. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

Video definitely helped my in-game lap. Just looking at his gear choices - using higher gears can really help stability in certain sections. There's so much electric torque you don't need to rev it out everywhere with the shift lights constantly lit.

8. RS10

RS10 Simracer

NA vs Turbocharged
    6L vs 3.8L
    V12 vs V8
    Loud, angry, raw and wild screams vs low, slightly raspy, a bit muted grumble

It's like saying old F1 cars with a V10/V12 sound worse than the current ones ... lol

I completely missed that - it only proves my point tho :)

9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

"And there can be no discussion about"

Don't think I have to explain how wrong that is. Speak for yourself.

SMOKING__MONKEY3 likes this.
  10. RS10

RS10 Simracer

It's objective truth :^)

11. Blizzier

Blizzier Racer

You mean subjective, of course. It's like in music. I like to listen death metal growling, but sometimes I'm falling in love with subtle vocal of Sigur Rós.

12. Red Or Dead

Red Or Dead Racer

Did the same lap with softs mgu at charging and tc factory 6.43.7
    Again with softs mgu at racing and tc off 6.39.022
    Pretty close to RL :)

13. If that means ugly then I totally agree

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Brownninja97 likes this.
  14. Berry

Berry Alien

6:25 with softs here.

15. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Kenny Brack met him at Nazareth in the CART days, nice guy and nice lap!!

16. Berry

Berry Alien

At least there's no doubt now that the normal P1 would do a sub 7 minute lap on Trofeo R tyres :p.

17. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

At least they didn't "forget" to record the lap this time. :p

Kristaps and Berry like this.