1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mclaren p1 vs the ferrari

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by speeddrifter, Mar 12, 2015.

1. speeddrifter

speeddrifter Hardcore Simmer

Now that both cars are in the game, and Top Gear's test is obviously postponed for now, which of these 2 cars do you like driving more? I personally really like the P1, it has a very nice grunt and feels less nervous than the The Ferrari.

ZachRacer88 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Physics Bugs & Issues McLaren P1 & LaFerrari top speeds Aug 9, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Chris harris on cars - laferrari v porsche 918 v mclaren p1 at portimao. Nov 19, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Going over the rev limiter (laferrari and mclaren p1) Oct 17, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Ferrari 458 vs mclaren gt3 record at the nordschleife assetto corsa Jul 4, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Mclaren p1 vs laferrari Apr 14, 2015
    Chit Chat Room La ferrari vs. mclaren p1 [video] Mar 25, 2015
    Screens & Videos Oculus rift dk2 - ferrari 458 italia vs mclaren mp4-12c @ interlagos Jan 27, 2015
    Liveries Benetton b186 skin for ferrari 458 gt2 and mclaren mp412c gt3 Jan 20, 2015
    Liveries James Hunts McLaren Highbox M23 (Ferrari 312) + Helmet Apr 9, 2014
    Bug reports problem changing TC on mclaren 720 evo. Loss of power Jan 26, 2024
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars McLaren 720S GT3 EVO -dashboard - TC and ABS wrong on startup Aug 10, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues McLaren 720S door model issue Jul 14, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Initial fuel per lap is wrong for McLaren EVO at Monza Jul 10, 2023
    Bug reports Brake Bias buttons for McLaren 570S GT4 Jul 27, 2022
    Screens & Videos Mclaren 570s on Coste Roads May 25, 2022

3. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

Haven't done any laptime comparisons and am still getting used to the P1, but it feels like the P1 is more 'on rails', while the Ferrari is a bit more involving and characterful(and sounds better).

robertedell likes this.
  4. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

IMO LaFerrari is great fun to drive but suspension is too soft and its all over the track also dont like brakes...
    P1 has much better handling,brakes,grip and its planted IMO thay should update LaFerrari & Huyra a little I think they cannot compete with P1...

5. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

o_O this isnt need for speed!

Steve Bullitt, xyr, Rocket75 and 10 others like this.
  6. some1pl

some1pl Alien

Remember that P1 in race mode lowers the suspension to the point it's not even road legal in most countries. Quite possibly it's the best handling car of the three, at least on track.

Soulvex likes this.
  7. misterbeam

misterbeam Hardcore Simmer

In my opinion, the 918 spyder is the real P1 competitor :)

Brownninja97 and Dream1979 like this.
  8. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

LOL I dont think a power upgrade but chasis,suspension etc..I just I can't beleve P1 handles,brakes,grips so much better then LaFerrari in real life!P1 feels like supercar to me LaFerrari in term of handling not

ears1991 likes this.
  9. unknwn

unknwn Alien

P1 has much better handling and ffb is involving unlike LaFerrari. LaFerrari is floaty and wiggles the tail everythere everytime, P1 is planted and drives a bit more like a race car, love it.
    What's interesting that P1 is very hard to spin in the corners with TC disabled(default setup). Obviously choosing road tires and lower track grip makes easier but still very controllable considering the power car has.

dima peregon, djtopa and ears1991 like this.
  10. speeddrifter

speeddrifter Hardcore Simmer

..But the funny thing is that the Laferrari AI beats the P1 AI :p.

Brownninja97 and ears1991 like this.
  11. misterbeam

misterbeam Hardcore Simmer

I am not really good with roadcars, but the Laferrari understeers so much on coast, i was really surprised by this last time i have tried it! (maybe @Hany can comment this better)

12. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

Indeed, not sure if its to do with the EDL which you cant disable, i find you have to really aggressively throw it in to a drift and then it feels like the electronics give up and let you play (its amazing how controllable it is when sideways!), some setup changes help too but it does seem very reluctant to step the back end out at first

13. alex72

alex72 Alien

Did the P1 last night and i liked it very much. The sound is indeed great and i had good control with it. At least after i had got the YIIIHAAA out of my body just driving it like a mad man, :D but later on i started to really feel the car and it felt pretty damn awesome. I think(!) i had better control of it than the LaFerrari. Have to test them both today to know for sure.

Soulvex and dima peregon like this.
  14. D1visor

D1visor Alien

P1 all the way. It also sounds better both in the car and from tv cam. My opinion.

15. I found the P1 instantly driveable, much like the GT3 cars. It feels much grippier, with a sense of a real downforce. In terms of power, the LaF seems a tad more accelerative, but that might just be the noise.

I managed a 6:39 with the P1 with just a couple test laps, and obviously i wasnt pushing the limits at all.

With the LaF, i manged a 6:40, again still a lot of time to be found, but i felt as though as i had to try a lot harder (and made lots of mistakes).

I think with a consistantly fast driver, the P1 would be a considerable amount quicker.

16. Torcano

Torcano Alien

P1 atleast in my hands when on normal hypercar road tyres is more easier to drive at high speeds. Haven't driven it much using trofeos, they seemed way too grippy for some reason and the car felt like some GT car with more power with those tyres. LaFerrari however is a hoon-mobile, much easier to go sideways on normal road tyres than in the P1 but when it comes to high speed corners you really gotta manage your speed. And I like the noise of the P1 better than the LaFerrari, if you have a good set of headphones you can hear the turbos making all sorts of noises and it is just glorious. The only thing that strikes me weird about P1 is that the rear wing is supposed to retract at high speeds because if the wing was in action after a certain speed the aero load will break the rear suspension or so they say in the myths... but in AC the wing stays up all the way to top speed. Either I saw it wrong due to my general blind nature or the wing animation is stuffed. :D

17. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Use the DRS button in the P1, it'll stall the wing. The DRS is automatic on the LaFerrari, though.

18. JackCY

JackCY Racer

Maybe Italians should update the real cars first ;)

19. Torcano

Torcano Alien

There is a DRS button????!?!?!!?!?!!! Gawd I'm such an idiot, I have been driving it normally all this time. xD

robertedell likes this.
  20. unknwn

unknwn Alien

If it wasn't illusion I think it moves, but by a really small amount.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  21. Alanra

Alanra Gamer

I've been doing some interesting comparisons against some of my Pbs of either Laferrari or Zonda R. Remember Zonda R is a race car.

At Monza by best in both LaFerrari and Zonda R is only a 1.42 yet in P1 haven't managed to get below 1.44 yet (it also doesn't replenish it battery well there and after 2 laps, recharging by half throttling and braking a few times is needed).

Bare in mind next results are a little screwed as my Zonda R and LaFerrari times are with a controller, purchased a wheel a week ago:
    At Spa (not done much in LaFerrari so best only 2.20) Zonda R done a 2.14...P1 after 10 laps of practice 2.17 (no problems with battery charge)
    At Imola Zonda R 1.42 and LaFerrari a 1.45...tested today P1 1.41 (no problem with battery)
    At Mugello with P1 late last night managed a 1.47 both my Zonda R and LaFerrari are 1.50

While nothing conclusive, one thing I have noticed is tyre temps really effect all these cars, once the P1 gets tyres nice and warm, you can literally throw it into a corner and press the gas and it happily grins back at you and warping starts to happen. Laferrari you have to wait and feed then it launches, and Zonda R hates curbs but just sticks, as while not fastest in straight line, is certainly no slouch.