1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Mclaren p1 vs the ferrari

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by speeddrifter, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Epocx

Epocx Alien

I saw a 6:15 for the P1 Nordschleife layout yesterday on RSR!!!
    on the first day! tires too overpowered??

Will the P1 get further wing and graphic updates @Aristotelis ? There are some errors in that respect...

Keep up the good work :)

2. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

The 6:15 if I recall is on the tourist circuit... you miss the whole long straight on that version. Plus as I said again... the trofeo tyres are slicks. Come on guys, just read a bit carefully my story above.

What do you mean for the wing and the updates?

xystof and Kristaps like this.
  3. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

If beating 918 time was so easy then P1/LaF had already done it, witch manufacturer does't want to get the fastest production car time at the most famous race track? it's the best PR ever for the brand.

4. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Hardcore Simmer

postponed? hmm, obviously due to "La Fracas" we might not see it but..... I had seen an image on JC`s twitter of the Porsche being delivered to the track by a chap wearing a Jennifer Clarkson T-shirt ? im thinking it might have already happened but not sure. ????

5. yusupov

yusupov Alien

i remember when the huayra came out no one used the 'top gear record' tires, it was basically considered cheating they had so much grip.

so i found that post by aris extremely informative. hopefully enough aliens will read it to know to change tires but i still wonder how many laps will be run on green track (in cold!? i question these a bit, isnt aris suggesting AC by default simulates too much grip, or are the laptimes generally run on a nords w/ no rubbering in the cold???)(and if so...why??...lol)

6. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Air brake! and wing must be up in race mode at standstill!
    Hop for the fix in future:)

7. some1pl

some1pl Alien

Unless the other rivalling company posts the faster time ;)
    Porsche has nothing to loose as it is the least powerful and heaviest car.

8. yusupov

yusupov Alien

boo...i appreciate the decision to sacrifice a LITTLE realism so we get a cool wing animation.

9. Epocx

Epocx Alien

I was confident i saw the 6:15 on the Nordschleife layout but the RST times have been deleted... i might be wrong.. tired and all ... played for 10 hours straight or so :D. (was awesome btw)

- The wing is not visible in Multiplayer for example. Its fully retracted.
    - The wing does have a missing animation when it goes from normal to high downforce mode (flip up).
    - It doesnt flip up when braking. (i havent tested this point enough)

i hope you understand my english, its hard to explain that all, i can do more investigation later and can present it to you if needed..

Well and in race mode it should also be up while the car is standing.
    Compromise would be to use the DRS button while standing to retract it...

PS: the break light leds are missing, the p1 seems to have 2 lines of led.
    p1-breaks.jpg

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  10. Aristotelis

AC by default simulates a nirvana optimum grip. This is good as theoretically this grip can be achieved... but probably never will be. Also it is good for mass market and helps the new comers to have a less hard impact with simracing world. That's also why we put the semislicks tires as default choice. Good for new comers means more sales and more sales means more licenses which is a good thing for everybody.

Hardcore simracers should know better and use the proper tyres, the proper circuit grip, the proper ambient temp and so on. It's not that hard to do and should give them more satisfaction. But as usual, we always get complains from "hardcore simmers" for too much grip or whatever... it is a bit strange how one can called himself hardcore but spent no time to investigate and find the proper setting. Anyway, sorry for the rant, I do understand that everybody sees things in a different perspective and everybody has a valid point.

In the particular case of the nurburgring, here are some things to remember. It's cold and humid. Even at the summer. When I crashed my M3 some years ago (where you can see the ARIS KURVE as my friends actually draw that graffiti on the track for real LOL), it was mid august... I was time attacking and rain started heavily with "rivers" crossing the road. I aquaplaned at 170kmh... **** happens.
    So yeah for the ring I would put the track to slow maybe and certainly keep the ambient temperature always under 15°C

Have fun :D

uff_, Glaurung, Blamer and 45 others like this.
  11. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Sorry it was wrong naming. I was thinking about the weaker one tyres (road) while writing from the work.:oops:

12. GUYS !

I did the laps with SLOW preset, 18C and mid-clear. Both cars on road tyres, slight alignment change to a more track worthy setting. 50L of fuel. Got out of the pits straight away and started the lap, by T1 6 seconds had gone past for each car, and it correlates somehow to where the actual finish line is, so laptimes are legit.

Ferrari LaFerrari: 6:56
    Mclaren P1:
    6:49

The Mclaren is quite easy to drive, I could go a tad quicker tho, wasn't a near perfect lap, but good enough. Feels a bit understeery however...

The Ferrari... Well, you gotta wheel it pretty hard, haha. I prefer it cause I'm a bit daft like that :p

13. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Just do them :p

And use the real names if you can so there are no guessing on our part :p

Lucas - Xtremepsionic likes this.
  14. Aristotelis

Ah I see I perfectly understand you english.
    - Ok so for the multiplayer, known issue, of course we are fixing it. Just give it time
    - This is a limitation of the engine unfortunately. We can't have animations and DRS guided animations. So it was "instant flip". Still better than no visualization. Hopefully it will be improved at some point, but don't count for a fast fix. Fortunately the real car has a very very fast movement, almost flip like.
    - Are you sure the real car does an aero grip when braking in race mode? It doesn't says so in my data here and haven't seen it anywhere in online videos doing so. Remember, race mode, wing fully deployed. Let me know if you have proof of otherwise and I'll sure make it work

You already know about the compromise we did for the standing/creeping animation of the wing. Cool animation = more sales = more licenses. no impact on physics as the whole thing ends before 40kmh or such. Remember, screenshots sell games.

Dookie, Quertreiber, rycil and 7 others like this.
  15. Thanks for the info Aris, we'll have fun :)

Good to know what to set the tires and track conditions to! Maybe you can consider putting this in the FAQ for the game eventually :) For most players it might not be apparent what the reasons behind each setting and tire choice.

PAKFA likes this.
  16. RedLoto

RedLoto Racer

and the news get worse for the Mclaren folks, the 918 is faster in Laguna Seca to
    [​IMG]

i dont know the tires they use but still the fact that the p1 need semislicks to beat the 918 is not good

17. Is that BTG or the full lap?

18. yeah, i want more sales and more licenses!!

xystof likes this.
  19. Laguna Seca probably helps the 918 quite a lot though. Small track.

Traind and yusupov like this.
  20. Obviously that's the full lap, lol... Considering I did 7:08 BTG with a bit of traffic with a 2-Eleven (admitedly, 100% grip) I'd be ashamed of these times :D

Lucas - Xtremepsionic likes this.