1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Microsoft VR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Indamix, Oct 12, 2017.

1. motowntom

motowntom Gamer

Where did you find those settings box's...AC?
    Thanks,
    Cheers

2. mms

mms Alien

Those are in Content Manager (you can google it)

Guidofoc likes this.
  3. motowntom

motowntom Gamer

Thanks man....

4. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Cote Dazur and mms like this.
  5. guys, sad but true:
    the samsung resolution is best on paper but not in reality.
    The sweet spot is very small and the image is not clear at all and the frame rate is poor (I7 4500 mhz and 1080 ti here).
    The rift is more clear , has best frame rate and is more light and confortable.
    I had got pimax 4k too (i am early adopter maniac) and it as a evident best resolution compared to rift , i prefer rift to it only why the pimax has poor color and dark image and 60 fps with occasional stutter. But the step forward in resolution is evident , not evident at all in samsung odyssey.
    I hope in a future headset whit pimax 4k resolution and rift performace and quality of color and image.
    Sorry for my poor english.

Pulley and claudiopolez like this.
  6. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I see prices are already going down, I see even 299 USD with controllers. That starts being interesting.

7. Yes very interesting, but I am struggling to find any reviews, I have read and seen some on Youtube but are quite conflicting:(

8. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

@oldgamergazza I found these 2 places on reddit where they discuss the stuff:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsMR/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/mixedreality/

I am a total noob, but my experience testing a MR headset for 2 weeks (Lenovo Explorer) was that it is very easy to set up and wear (the foam around the borders of the visors can be removed or adjusted, I liked that), light, very good that you can tilt up the visor, speed is ok, controllers are nice, but you have to live with a few limitations: absent or limited lens adjustment, as a consequence a rather narrow "sweet spot" position where everything is clear, and screen door effect, meaning I could see the pixels. As I'm basically only playing Assetto Corsa and I am ok with my 21:9 display, I can do without it for now. But honestly I feel I could get one just to use it now and then. If prices go down into the 250 USD range with controllers hmm it's rather tempting. Of course, if also the Rift goes down to that price I will consider the Rift instead.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  9. Thanks I will have a look at them, the DK2 also has a sweet spot I find I need to look through the center, I am unsure how compromising this would be in a driving game.

10. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Yes the DK2 has a sweet spot, once the goggles are properly positioned it is not an issue for SIM driving.
    Question to those who have switch from DK2 to CV1, is the sweet spot larger on the CV1?

11. Stains

Stains Simracer

I've been on the fence for about a year and in the last weeks have been getting very anxious for VR what with the new WMR HMD's at my local shops to try !

I've now tested the Acer , HP Lenovo and Vive and found that i NEED VR NOW but which one ?

WMR have a Very small sweetspot and tracking feels glitchy , Vive seems almost perfect but found a thread on pC2 forum of people talking about Vive and its lesser clarity looking down the track and it's seems a bit harder to run so .....

I ordered a Rift $545 aud, should be here soon !

12. I also bought a Rift, i had a short demo with the Lenovo, I was impressed with the greater resolution and I liked the flip up of the Visor (I Have a DK2), but I wear varifocal glasses, if you mix this with the limited sweetspot it makes the sweetspot more pronounced, I could obviously wear normal glasses but chose to get the Rift as its a known quantity and quality, hope I made the right decision. Interesting video here describing differences between Samasung (higher resolution than rest of MR headsets) and Vive.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Question to those who have switch from DK2 to CV1, is the sweet spot larger on the CV1?

14. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Set glace left/right on your wheel and push them both at the same time to center. If someone told you already sorry I haven't read the whole thread yet!

15. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't think there will be a rush to bring out higher resolution headsets any time soon. Oculus is making money selling games and I think all the manufacturers know that the uptake on a new headset would be pretty low. The people that have the current generation won't be upgrading because we had to spend a lot of money just to get a system that would run VR. If I wanted to run a 4K headset I'd probably need to replace everything inside my PC case, I can't put a faster CPU in so that means replacing the motherboard and everything else that matters. I don't want to do that kind of upgrade for another 2 years.

The rift is probably the best value for money when it comes to sim racing. All we need is the headset, so being forced to buy hand controllers is an unnecessary expense. I recently purchased the hand controllers (a year after the headset) and while it's fun and all I'm not rushing back to play any of the games. They're a bit of a gimmick, at least until Kunos implement hand gestures so I can give crashers in multiplayer the finger.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  16. mms

mms Alien

17. motowntom

motowntom Gamer

I would love Pimax tech to succeed I have been following it closely, but the Comp./Gpu power is just not avail. yet at a reasonable cost, I bought a Samsung and my comp. is being challenged(i7 7700-16gigs ddr4-gtx1080), I think it's 24-36 months down the road, but I still wanted a VR system. I wish them(and mostly the folks who ponyed up in the kickstarter) the best of luck and can't wait to see 1080p quality in a HMD.
    Cheers a

18. mms

mms Alien

There are two things to keep in mind when it comes to CPU/GPU power needed by the next-gen headsets:
    1. The Rift CV1 with 2.0 PPD is rendering about 17M pixels, the upcoming Pimax 8K has 16.5M pixels (yeah I know, they really abuse the 8K term, one thing that I don't like)
    2. Eye tracking combined with foveated rendering can significantly reduce computing power needed, question is WHEN (I hope not IF) they figure it out how do it without any side effects

Cheers back ;)

19. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

I tried Lenovo headset that I got on sale and sadly it is going back. This is not worth even $200 that I paid for it. The lenses are awful, worse than plastic ones in some cheap China mobile VR headset that I bought last year. Everything outside a small area in the center is a bit out of focus and edges are very blurry. I hope trying to drive in that for a couple of hours didn't damage my 20/20 vision. I read that these issues could be due to the headset being designed with fixed IPD of 63mm, while I have 68-69, but again, I can set IPD to 63 in that China headset I mentioned and it is more or less OK, at least there's no edge blur and almost the entire screen is in perfect focus.

Also, the resolution of the headset is definitely not enough, I'd compare it to watching a VHS tape. Forget about reading numbers on corners markers, it is difficult to even spot markers far enough in a fast moving car. And while judging distances is more natural and it seems to be easier to drive in traffic due to that, I miss that wide FOV I have with my triples (nothing fancy, just 23" 60Hz IPS) and ability to just glance over the mirrors without the need to turn the whole head. In the default driving position and with my head dead straight, even left and cockpit mirrors are out of the visible area in the headset. And those focus issues means you really need to turn your head to look into them.

On a positive side, head tracking was very good, I think this is the way to go, much easier to setup than a bunch of external sensors.

Hopefully VR isn't going to die and there will be something really good in 5 years or so, but I think I'm skipping this 1st gen hardware. I haven't tried Rift or Vive, but I doubt they will be much better in terms of FOV and resolution

20. Serge M

Serge M Alien

It takes a good bit of tweaking to get decent image quality in VR. I have read that sadly the MR headsets don’t quiet live up to the specs image quality wise though, even the Samsung one which on paper has much better specs then the rift/vive. You will never get the clarity of normal PC screens in this generation though and it’s unreasonable to expect it I think.