1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I reached grade C by driving the tourist ring with a friend for a few laps. I was off the track a lot due to not knowing it very well but we had no contact. I've had no time to join other races after that though except for one empty race on a SweGubs Spa server where I managed to stay on track the whole time :)
    I'll try to race clean and make space for faster drivers so being C doesn't mean I'm a dive bomber. Just a beginner in online racing.
    Thanks Minolin for building this system to control the chaos :)

Minolin likes this.
  2. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

BTW, there are quite a few servers around that advertise themselves as supporting MR, but in reality, they aren't (anymore).
    I suspect that has to do with either the admins messing up or it's some older, unsupported version of the plugin.

I've just been on one ("HGs-Gaming S1", because I wanted to drive the 911 GT1 around Tourist), which was advertised as ABCN, but the session doesn't show up in my profile.

(I know that ALOOG-6 has the GT1 and Tourist as well, but 96% fixed grip just sucks.)

Rolz and Minolin like this.
  3. Rolz

Rolz Alien

I was going to mention this as well... I usually pay attention to the MR welcome message when I log in... if I don't see that, then I usually bail.

4. liakjim

liakjim Alien

An advice : if you can't find an AB server, it's better to enter a non MR server.

Actually the minute I wrote this, i realised that this is maybe the only downside of MR.
    C grades might be in trouble upgrading.
    A friend of mine in our local league ( which is AB ) , had much trouble upgrading. I actually joined with him an empty server in order to help him.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

5. TDS

TDS Alien

care to elaborate why fixed grip on tourist "just sucks"? i think im gonna set it so the grip goes down with more laps (old idea, stefano confirmed possible) ;-p

6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Not fixed grip in general, but 96% grip is waaaaaaay too low.

It's ok for the Nords Cup event, but if I want to do some hot laps and especially some setup work, I want to have 98% grip at least, better 100%.
    So usually I look around until I find a server with the car/track combo that has 100% or I do it offline.

TDS and Rolz like this.
  7. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

So got myself a C rating.... have subsequently done one race on a ABCDN svr where I sat at the back, missing the 1st corner carnage...giving a wide birth to anyone coming up behind me then successfully managing to to miss them as the spun off the track when in front...even the guy doing doughnuts couldn't tag me....

Think I ended up 5th of 14 and a clean race in the bag....how many more of these do I need to endure before I get a B rating?

8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Depends. Just watch your MR profile to have a look when the high CP sessions will be dropped. That's likely when you're going to be B again.
    Keep in mind though that you need some attack range as well. Oh and that driving cleaner (than before) while in B grade (which you hopefully will achieve soon), will provide some cushion against high CP sessions.

mike reynolds likes this.
  9. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

The content I have has nothing to do with it and never did.

Why people can't just look and see that all the N servers have ZERO players on them except for one is beyond me. That's the only issue there is. That being the case, the entire "N" rating is pretty much useless. Everybody should just start at C. Then set up servers for CD and BC but not ABC or BCD. That way, in the end, when you get into an AB race you're pretty much assured to have weeded out the wreckers and poor drivers. Why have ABCN Servers at all? It defeats the entire purpose of a rating system to provide clean racing.

The way it is now you're advancing everybody to C anyway no matter how poorly they drive as an N. What's the point?

By starting everybody at C and making BC and CD servers out of all those N servers, you'd probably be able to populate quite a few more servers and actually shut down a couple completely and save some money as they never had anybody racing on them anyway.

chksix likes this.
  10. Davemester

Davemester Racer

Hi! Can someone please tell me where to look for my MR stats? I see you talk about CP points. But I only know that Im A or B, coz entering the server tells me. I did not find it on the website. Thanks.

11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

12. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

What's the big deal with that? Is it forbidden to drive on an empty server?

I just did this morning and within 10min, 2 other people joined.

Really, you should select servers by the car/track combo you want to drive.
    Might be, that this is only available on an empty server, then so be it. It's even an advantage at the beginning, because that'll give you C rating for sure (and not D).
    Yes, you can't reach B grade without others joining, but why on earth would that be important within the first 40km?

You're making this a much bigger issue than it really is.

Hagen, fabT, Minolin and 1 other person like this.
  13. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

Words fail me. I give up. I have seriously never come across this kind of obtuseness in my entire life.

14. Nmoleiro

Nmoleiro Gamer

You give up but many people tried to help you including the developer of the rating system. You seem to be as obtuse as you call the ones trying to help you.
    It may not be white/black situation, thats why people tried to help, also you should also try to understand that one should prove himself before being given a rating, and to be C as many said you only need to drive alone.
    Then you can go to other servers and try to get a better rating.

chksix likes this.
  15. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

Just some backround information.

Minolin developed the whole rating thing on his own.
    Server hosts download the MR-plugin and install it on their server (s), they choose who is allowed to enter.
    Minolin said repeatedly, that he regrets giving options like abcdn.
    There are 4000 servers running MR atm. Changing the plugin would (most likely) force all those admins to reinstall.
    Minolin is very careful when it comes to private data, so he doesnt store informations like who is the host/driver.
    There is no way, other than in this thread to ask hosts to change to a better fitting grade restriction, many hosts rent their servers with pre installed MR, many of those dont read this thread.
    Minolin showed great skills when he introduced MR, he could have easily fractioned the players in a way that MR would not have been able to succeed like it did.
    He also managed to find a relatively fair way of rating within the limitations the game has.
    (For example collision speed is very inconsistent, sometimes in a believable range, sometimes way off.)
    I used to be admin in AC years ago, when multiplayer finally got added to early access.
    Back then you where spectating the whole time and where busy kicking the bad apples + writing them on a blacklist,
    or your guests had no chance for a clean race. As admin you never got to race.
    MR made the online experience so much better, we would never have thought that you could change the behaviour of individuals
    that much. Nowadays some even respect blue flags, yeah!

We certainly can't tell drivers which server to join or how to drive or to read the rules.
    The only thing we as drivers can do to improve the online experience is to educate those that at least try to race fair about the rules/ettiquette in racing and to set a good example.

Ace Pumpkin, Blamer, Rolz and 7 others like this.
  16. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Obtuseness. In your entire life? Well if you put it like this, the best advice is to go play other games where there are less obtuse people. Bye.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  17. MarcM

MarcM Simracer

@Parminio, I just need to know: what do you think will happen if you join and empty server?

18. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Maybe all the blame can't be put on all the other drivers on the server...
    at least when judging by the show of character in this thread.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    Ace Pumpkin and Nmoleiro like this.
  19. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

:confused:

Sorry, but I'm really speechless …

20. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Let us just stop here. I wouldn't expect more knowledge gain, but the thread becomes harder to search for useful information and we might lose some of the newcomer's questions.

Hagen:
    Sry need to get this one straight; it's the total unique server count since start. Currently we have a few hundred active. But yes your point is still valid, we always lose 2/3 of the servers with a plugin upgrade (just like 2.1 a few weeks ago) and the admins need weeks and months to get the last servers updated. Every single plugin update I hope this is the last.

And it'll never be :D "Fun" story in between: Since a few weeks the MR server writes every accident and the driver's history to the file system. Didn't lately check, but it's going to be Gigabytes now.
    Then there is an UWP app (that is Windows10 Store for PC and Mobile) that can open those files and realtime draw the accident. I wanted to understand it by human brain power and get the features extracted that we can use to go on with the fancy stuff.

At the very end of the process I noticed I also need the relative hit vector (impact point relative to each car center). Coming from the GUI, you always need to go back one step to use the data forward again. So I checked my viewmodel: Damn, data not read. Return to the parser: Also not here. Return to the files: Vector not saved. How could I forget this? Gigabytes of data are missing an important info now -.-
    So to the server, add the vector the the file and... wait my function doesn't even have it? Yep. Somewhere in the history of the latest Plugin->Server call that transfers the accident event I forgot to add the relative impact vector. Now there's only one possible step back; to the plugin (including publishing version 2.2)..

Btw. the data quality isn't exactly overwhelming so far. Animated accident is much better than the graphs that I already posted, but still not good enough. Somehow I feel there is a timing problem which prevents me to correctly match the timeslots. The cars seem not to hit each other at the end of the history. But developing stuff is pretty often like this, it's looking bad bad bad until suddenly the ray of god appears and everything works like a charm. 5mins later you notice you made it all wrong, but well...

Still quite excited, although the time progress is painfully slow. I can tell you about the most unlikely way that could work: We will feed a specific part of the gigabytes of data into one(!) Neuronal Network and see, if it can adjust to the accident data. This makes zero sense for our purposes, but I'm so curious if it can extract the one correlation I'm after. The big problem with NNs (in our application) is that you need very large test cases where you know the result. Translated to MR this means we need gigabytes of accident data (check!), including the information who's fault it was (oh oh), and quite some CPU time. In the result we had a huge blackbox that would be lightning fast in a decision, which means very little but could be very cool.

Nmoleiro, Rolz, jo_siffert and 3 others like this.