1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I just joined the testing server.

Nothing happening, no cut detection, '/mr ... ' only responds 'You are not admin on this server', no welcome message line.
    Also so far my MR stats don't show laps done on the server.

2. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

:( then it's not solved. §"=%/!§%

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Edit: forget it, I think stracker was just lying here.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I was a bit surprised how big the traffic on my Nords server was and especially was surprised to see so many lila drivers (=N) around.
    Well, I guess the AC weekend special did show its effect. Looking at the MR stats page, it looks like that this weekend alone (Friday to Monday) there were about 2500 N drivers registered by the system.
    You can also see the effect in the steam chart:
    http://steamcharts.com/app/244210#All

A peak of 4400 players at the same time. Apart from the dream pack 1, that's an all-time high.
    What I can already tell you though is that some of the newer people do have the potential of becoming good racers.
    Quite a few have a lot of trouble with the cars, though. But to some degree that is expected.

What I'm missing a bit is to judge if the grade setting (ABCN) is good or not. I do see a lot of crashes, but for me it's not always easy to figure out if the drivers are AB, C or N.
    But I'll talk to the stracker guy, maybe something can be done there. Some local server statistics would be nice. :)

(so yeah, no complaint in this post, just stating some observations. ;))

Ace Pumpkin and Rolz like this.
  5. Uppi93

Uppi93 Rookie

Do i have to set something in Helicorsa ini files to see the colours showing the MR grade? or should that work automatically?

6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Should work out of box.

7. LeiF

LeiF Alien

It randomly stopped working for me absolutely ages ago, maybe 12-18 months ago (showing MR grades in helicorsa).

Even after a fresh SSD plus clean install of windows and then AC then a re download of helicorsa; the grades still didn't show. I gave up in the end, couldn't get it to work.

In the end I settled on crewcheif which speaks to you and tells you when cars are alongside. This also actually improved my racing imho as I was always looking at the track instead of staring a helicorsa half the time. Also improved my awareness of other cars around as not relying on radar to see where they are, more "feeling" where the other cars are.

Ace Pumpkin and TDS like this.
  8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

If I understood Minolin right, it could be your connection or the connection of other drivers being not as good as it should be.

Since I live relatively close to Frankfurt (~300km) and most servers I drive on are likely stationed there (pretty much half of the European internet is stationed there), I usually have a very good connection and a very low ping (<=20ms).
    Maybe that's why I do see the grades.

I do drive with Crewchief sometimes, but normally he's too chatty for me.
    Actually distracts me more than having a 1000 apps open.
    (Yeah, I'm weird, I know …)

9. Rolz

Rolz Alien

i love both helicorsa and crew chief for car location info... colours work for me but only if i'm on MR server (i think)

10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

If you see the colors on a non-MR server, you should check your medication. :p :D

Ace Pumpkin, Minolin and Rolz like this.
  11. TDS

TDS Alien

i never used helicorsa because of that... for me it takes my attention, and causes lack of awareness "feeling", to be fair the vanilla red arrows are more than enough for me. i got used to race only with them since the start.
    Crewchief has to be running on background isnt? still need to test it, curious.

12. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Highly recommend crewchief to everyone as a default requirement just like helicorsa

13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yeah, but iirc it's ok if you start it after AC. So if you decide you want to use it after entering the session, you can just Alt+Tab out of the game and start it.

TDS likes this.
  14. RedLoto

RedLoto Racer

if i loose my Minorating ID(formated my PC and didnt save it) can i make a new one or recover my last ID?

15. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Just generate a new one, it'll overwrite the old value and you're good.

RedLoto likes this.
  16. Gunja

Gunja Alien

This is not a request, just asking...
    Would it be too much strain on the app to be able to display regarded CP and last race CP on demand? Like /mr cp or what ever.
    Also, to see live CP calculation (like iracing) when the contact happens, would need client based app?

17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Live CP is already possible and a good feature, I think if you type /mr help it gives all options including how to enable that which is off by default. Maybe it would help if it was on by default so new people can get an idea of whats going on woth contacts.

Schnipp likes this.
  18. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

iirc, it's
    Code:
    /mr incidentinfo
    ptracker will also inform you about collisions, although I had the case that ptracker told me about collisions that MR didn't regard (possibly too small, not sure).

Info about past races is currently only available on the MR profile page.
    Minolin wanted to implement something like what you requested, but iirc there was an issue with the info not surviving the session change.

19. Gunja

Gunja Alien

wow, i was away a long time, thx.

20. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I think MR doesnt count collisions if it considers lag to be a factor. Ptracker will show both side of each collision so say the speeds both clients reported. I think if this varies by more then a certain number MR will discard the contact.

Sometimes ptracker will also only report a single client having contact which would likely be due to connection lag.