1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

is MR running on this server in the same time?!
    I know of a problem with empty servers, but the incident info must be fixed by now

2. TDS

TDS Alien

i tested with andy, pctm and leif on ALOOG 1 tho.

3. Lexith

Lexith Rookie

Hello everyone. I have the problem (which started today, because yesterday it worked for me) that i can't check my status via /mr on any server i join. I get the message "you are not admin of this server". I want to find out (or generate) my public id but this doesn't work. I also don't seem to get any warning messages or something which are mentioned here in the thread.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

4. fr13del

fr13del Racer

@Lexith

There are some problems atm... :)

5. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I can confirm that the incidentinfo doesn't work. Even tried several times to toggle it on and off again, but no message received so far, despite registered contacts in my profile.

6. Lexith

Lexith Rookie

Ah hi Friedel ;) Didn't we race a bit together earlier this day?

A bug then, okay. Good to know. Thank you.

fr13del likes this.
  7. Minolin

Working on it. I suggest you try to vote for the next session, or find another server. There are quite a few that work without problem.

8. fr13del

fr13del Racer

Yeah, that voting-tipp works in most cases. :)

@Lexith
    Yep, we made a few rounds, was a nice quiet day at the track.

9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Have there been changes to the attack range radius or calculation?

I'm having rather low attack range values since the 2.4 update which doesn't seem right to the traffic/racing I had today.

fr13del and Pretend racer like this.
  10. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

My sessions from this evening aren't showing on my driver info page.

11. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Me too! I went from double digit attack ranges to single digit after the update
    Which is weird because I went from last place to first and still only had 8% attack range - there was 20+ people on the server at the time.
    The r8 is really fast!

Schnipp likes this.
  12. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Here's a short clip (fast forwarded) of the first half of my last race today.

MR stats say it's only 3% attack range.
    2017-05-26 00_38_31-- minorating.com.jpg

Pretend racer likes this.
  13. fr13del

fr13del Racer

lol, lucky guys! Me was fightin some Abarths and GT86s; holding position against Quattros and other E30s, losing against some S1s on the Driving school - and all i got was 0,5CP!!! :mad: :D

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I just checked my server and one of the 2.4 MR plugins did crash and shut itself down. I have 6 of them up and the log from MR shows nothing abnormal its the same start to end of the log, there was nobody in the server either. Its possible the plugin may be crashing as I dont ever recall the MR plugin crashing in earlier versions with them up 24/7, this was only 1 crashed out of 6 over about 48 hours.

15. fr13del

fr13del Racer

Yep, that was mentioned before.

Rolz and martcerv like this.
  16. Rolz

Rolz Alien

can also confirm plugin is crashing for me

17. Minolin

Wow. Many hours later I learnt that the problems with the 2.4 plugin are not related to the plugin but the backend. Some subtle last minute change must have done this, I'm amazed.

aotto1977, Schnipp, martcerv and 3 others like this.
  18. Minolin

Uh uh.. I finally found the courage to implement a syslog which logs any plugin-backend interaction with database access. The sister project to MR has this and it's invaluable, but you have way less commands per time there (it's always a human pressing a button or scanning a barcode). I always was afraid of the throughput in MR, but now I really need it.

I thought it was ok for a friday noon as this is definitively not prime time. It runs since 23 minutes and logs only the core backend without AUTH or "API" calls like helicorsa and CM. We have now 7246 commands, which is 5.2 per second.
    Interestingly the most overhead is KeepAlive messages (ok that was expected) and the creation of new Sessions Oo.

New Sessions are pretty expensive in comparison. You start with an estimate which commands will occur often and design/tune the stuff around this estimation. I was right in the KeepAlive, and they run very fast (~36ms in average is not bad for a database in the cloud). I was wrong in the NewSession, which takes around 1 second and is doing way too much.

For the moment I'm really afraid of the weekend :) Lessons learnt: 1) NEVER give up analytics. It was so easy to implement and I have so much experience with it, totally unnecessary. 2) If I ever build something like MR again, do not write any new session unless it is actually used by people.

Rolz and Gunja like this.
  19. Minolin

upload_2017-5-26_16-15-47.jpeg

Server list is filling up with 2.4.0 plugins, looks like I finally found and fixed the problem. It feels so good if you retain control and undestand what's happening again :)
    If I'm right we are technically good now and can sit back and watch the new features, while having a great motorsports weekend and even amazing summer weather.

Thanks for your support and PMs, I'm waiting for feedback regarding the features. @Schnipp already templated the best way to report an issue or question.

LeiF, Leonardo Ratafia, Rolz and 9 others like this.
  20. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Glad you found the issue.

Since it's backend I guess there is no need to restart servers?! Only after the 2.4.1 is updated on hosted servers, right?

Gunja likes this.