1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Minorating.com (drivers thread)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Aug 7, 2015.

1. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

That's what's MR will do stop the idiots from accessing the server in the first place.Before they even get the chance to be the race wrecking douches they are! yes they will access early on to get to the w class but then game over

2. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

While it is true that Minorating tries to expel the deliberate wreckers, there will still be a lot of unintentional wrecking.
    (unsafe rejoin, lack of understanding when to give room, not knowing what the blue flag stands for)
    With my comment i was trying to say, that it could get even better on public servers if we all start to explain
    instead of yelling, or even worse, blacklisting drivers that would respect the rules/etiquette if they only knew.

3. grat

grat Simracer

That number should be the performance rating. Probably you know this and were asking about exactly that. In that case, Minolin did not say much about how it works (and I am not sure if he said it is back on). Safety rating is only the letter grade.

4. grat

grat Simracer

I have seen many times people (including me) trying to "explain". Problem is: so many drivers seem to have the chat closed or to ignore it completely. Maybe we could ask Kunos to force it open server-side...

To give an anecdote which I find symbolic: blue flagged driver defends very harshly his position on multiple corners causing a crash. I say "X, you had blue flags". Admin sends warning. "I do not know flags, LOL". "Blue flags means you are lapped and have to let driver behind you pass if he reaches you". No answer. Next race: he does it again. Admin kicks him.

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

On my servers if I am around its quite unlikely someone will get to w rank before being blacklisted. Educating people is a good thing but quite a few people do things that will get an instant ban from me. Yesterday I must have added 20 to the blacklist and these are the worst of it.

Just a couple of examples are 2 guys swearing at eachother in chat so I check the replay to see what the issue was. One guy accidently bumps another into the chicane at zandvoort nothing careless and didnt even wreck the guy just nudged him a little deeper into the exit.

He then exits to pit, waits at pit exit for the guy and rams him in a blatant revenge attack as he passes. Another guy gets lapped by the leader then has 3 attempts at wrecking him after he cleanly passes him. Replays dont lie the guy is side by side and has 3 full lock to the left cracks on a straight before finally spinning the leader out.

This sort of stuff got most of the 20 or so blacklists. Along with a few constantyl trying to drift in a full race server. These guys all get warnings but if they keep on doing it also get blacklisted. No reasonable or fair driver will ever even consider this and someone that does it once will quite likely do it again.

I have changed most servers to A B but have a couple accepting lower grades and unrated guys. Unfortunatly this is where the unrated guys will need to run in a server accepting most grades to get their rating. I do hope more people get ratings and can jump into these servers where hopefully the overall standards should be much better.

But even my servers with pretty large and strict blacklists, they get plenty of the worst guys coming in every day. I hope that I dont need to babysit and blacklist the guys that get the higher ratings with MR. That will be the real test of the system, but anyone that sees the general standards in ac pub servers will see the reason why something to filter out the worst guys is so badly needed.

Many of them will have a sook and cry about their lack of access to servers but its entirely their own choice how they conduct themselves in a server. I give everyone a chance but have no issues taking access away from those ruining it for everyone else if they clearly show no respect to anyone else in a server or any tendancy to be a wrecker.

Michael Hornbuckle, cooknn and Hagen like this.
  6. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

Mine was changing over the course of the races

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Many dont have chat open, thats their issue in an mp server.

Just as its their issue to be aware of their own connections. Blue flags or not really isnt such an issue as there is never any reason to punt people off that have passed you cleanly.

Its just the guys getting lapped are more likely to be this type of person to block like crazy and if someone still passes them ram them off the road. The blue flag isnt the issue its the blatant ramming that is.

If someone simply ignores blue flags they will just get a warning and told what they mean. If they do the usual punt the guy off because he passed them I wont even bother with the warning just kick them.

TERRA21 likes this.
  8. grat

grat Simracer

I agree blue flags is not the issue. Just wanted to give an example of a situation in which:

1. problem was "explained";
    2. driver appeared to have understood;
    3. driver did not give a damn.

But any suggestion on how to help new people learn the basics is good, as we all want the community to grow. I had myself my share of misunderstandings when I started MP a few months ago, despite knowing the rules and being quite committed. I imagine the average new driver might find it even more difficult without some guidance. But it is hard for me to figure out the correct mechanism to induce and teach good behaviour in this context. MR goes in the right direction, by providing a clear incentive (if you do bad, you don't get in servers you like) and a basic guidance (do what avoids contacts). Of course it is not perfect, as avoiding contacts is such a little part of racing, and at times it is in contradiction with racing. But incentive schemes must be simple to work.

9. myimac

myimac Alien

We had the exact same thing on our server... Guy got blacklisted too. Sounds like we got the same guy...

Will they ever learn?

10. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

This is praiseworthy!

"..., as we all want the community to grow...the average new driver might find it even more difficult without some guidance..."

That is exactly what Minolin and myself want to see happening, a growing pool of clean drivers through guidance by advanced simracers.
    If you have skills in web design/video editing/skin design and want to contribute to Minorating, please send us a pm.

11. grat

grat Simracer

Hagen, I know this is what you are trying to do and you have my full support. Unfortunately I have no web design/video editing/skin design skills (what is skin design?), and I'd add I probably don't even have driving skills (I seem to be the only one here who's never been at a track day and never coded in c++). I do probably have skills in designing incentive skills and analysing cheating patterns (after all, I do this for a living, although in very different contexts) but I doubt your project can ever get to the level of complexity that might require these skills.

That said, if you think you need help trying to analyse the data you are collecting or things like that, I can try my best, of course. If you wish, we can design a randomize experiment in which we send different type of automatic messages and see if there is a significant difference in subsequent behaviour. But as I said: I doubt you guys can go to this level of detail.

You are doing a great job!

12. norbs

norbs Alien

3 races on the unrated server tonight and zero problems. Only 3 or 4 racing, but clean for all of it.

Thanks @martcerv

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Good stuff Norbs, you can even run the plugin on your arse nites and this should easily get all your guys to a or b grades. Then you can jump into any a b servers and from the runs on one tonight it seems to work well. Numbers still down but this will build up over time.

I think this should work quite well and be much better then my pass server idea yet get pretty much the same result. The advantage is anyone that gets a good rating will be able to jump into any mr servers for higher grades and should be able to get a decent race even without an admin present.

14. norbs

norbs Alien

ARSE nights are probably the worst time to run it. :) But I hear what you are saying. Leave it off on Friday nights but run it (when I work it out) for comp nights. I know it made me think about any overtakes. And I am a bit of a lady when racing.

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I was thinking more along the lines that in an xgn league nite I am pretty sure everyone after say 50 plus laps on a race nite would fairly easily get MR a rating. This would mean all the guys could then easily get into higher rated servers anywhere without needing to run unrated servers. Not really to try and get people to drive cleaner just make it easier to get a rating.

16. It might be worth making all public servers available for all ratings until people build up a rating?

17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I ran one open for all ratings and it was total carnage yesterday. Must have been the most blacklisted in one nite for me. That was what I thought was the most basic combo gt86 with semi slicks at zandvoort and fairly high grip.

So now just 1 will be open for all ratings but if nobody runs on it they wont be getting a rating. ;) Its not so hard to search the servers and see which ones are for what rating.

No point really having the system available for clean racing and just force the better drivers to get stuck with the worst guys simply because others cant read whats written in the server name. Or search for an empty server to run in.

I will change up the servers after qualy finishes but wont be making them all for unrated ot poorly rated guys.

If you want to babysit one and can think of a combo that may be popular I will put it up. Atm the open server for all will be the same as my old qualy server m235i at mugello.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  18. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

it really doesnt take long to get into AB grade. i did 3, 4 lap races at spa in aloog1 last night and i was AB afterwards. i had contact as well, i hit Henri Salminen at one point. based on this i dont think i will leave it too long until i limit aloog1 to AB or ABC only. i had the same problem @bigbawmcgraw, i did quite a few races last night and my rating didnt change from 1500.

jasjeet, bondyboy and bigbawmcgraw like this.
  19. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

We're back. Weoh, I'm done. Website wil have to wait until we found some sleep (tomorrow then).
    Edit: Congratulations, @Fiestatreter . This was very exciting.

I think it is working, can see quite some changes, the latest was for Grenademagnet on ALOOG-0 20mins ago. Looked like a win, gratz then.
    Keep in mind your rating can only change if you
    - are A|B
    - have at least 1 opponent with A|B rating
    AND he is driving the same car
    AND he did drive more than 100m
    AND there is at least one that finished the race

20. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Ah forgot about the class.... I was a bit tipsy. Yes it was a mixed class race with AB players.
    Well I guess that proves it works then (not that I doubted you of course )

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk